• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Sanjuro

That save bug was the most annoying thing in the world. I don't get how some indie devs claim its so cumbersome to get a game through cert when that broken pos made it through.

Oh. I remember that, but never had it happen to me. Played the hell out of the game though.

BigAT

Is there a demo of Battleblock? I loved Castle Crashers, but I kind of still don't have a clue exactly what Battleblock is.

McNei1y

Aw man

My BF3 seems to be borked. Whenever I try to join a server, it says "Joining Server" and then just stays on that. I can't join a damn game!

bluemax

Banned
So for funsies:

Original:
Kenny Timm
71 OVR
86 CTH
70 CIT
85 SPC
80 RLS
67 RTE
99 SPD
97 JMP
23 AWR

Current:
Kenny Timm
77 OVR
87 CTH +1
84 CIT +14
85 SPC +0
88 RLS +8
88 RTE +21
99 SPD +0
97 JMP +0
23 AWR +0

Total: +44 attribute points + 6 OVR

So after 3.5 seasons this is how much Kenny Timm has improved. Just curious, but do you guys think this is a reasonable amount of improvement for a player over 2.5 seasons or no? I figure since we've played 3.5 seasons it would be worth reviewing player development. Also, Kenny Timm still has 13k unspent XP at the moment and I haven't done my weekly practice so he could get up to 15k which is good for another 2-3 points of bonuses.

Edit: Here are Maurice Leopard the original UDFA sensation's starting ratings,

Maurice Leopard
67 OVR
87 CTH
76 CIT
89 SPC
85 RLS
81 RTE
98 SPD

Maybe Wellie can throw out his current ratings to show how much another guy has progressed.

McNei1y

Fixed my BF3 but now it seems like my frames are terrible. I was running everything on high/ultra before this. Now I can't run it on High at all!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So for funsies:

Original:
Kenny Timm
71 OVR
86 CTH
70 CIT
85 SPC
80 RLS
67 RTE
99 SPD
97 JMP
23 AWR

Current:
Kenny Timm
77 OVR
87 CTH +1
84 CIT +14
85 SPC +0
88 RLS +8
88 RTE +21
99 SPD +0
97 JMP +0
23 AWR +0

Total: +44 attribute points + 6 OVR

So after 3.5 seasons this is how much Kenny Timm has improved. Just curious, but do you guys think this is a reasonable amount of improvement for a player over 2.5 seasons or no? I figure since we've played 3.5 seasons it would be worth reviewing player development. Also, Kenny Timm still has 13k unspent XP at the moment and I haven't done my weekly practice so he could get up to 15k which is good for another 2-3 points of bonuses.

Edit: Here are Maurice Leopard the original UDFA sensation's starting ratings,

Maurice Leopard
67 OVR
87 CTH
76 CIT
89 SPC
85 RLS
81 RTE
98 SPD

Maybe Wellie can throw out his current ratings to show how much another guy has progressed.

58Vx64d.jpg

I put a bunch of points into awareness, acceleration, and carrying, but I don't remember where I started.

bluemax

Banned
58Vx64d.jpg

I put a bunch of points into awareness, acceleration, and carrying, but I don't remember where I started.

So its safe to say he probably gained around 40 some odd points in attribute points so far.

What about Andrew Apo?

66 OVR, 87 CTH, 72 CIT, 78 SPC, 88 RLS, 82 RTE, 88 SPD

bluemax

Banned
In other news:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/03/ncaa-14-to-include-physics-engine-improved-running-game/

NCAA 14 will also include "ball carrier avoidance," which improves the AI of runners so they raise their arms to push off linemen instead of taking an awkward tackle in the backfield due to incidental content, as seen quite often with the current iteration of the Infinity Engine in Madden 13. EA Tiburon says other physics-based movements will see marked improvement with NCAA 14's Force Impact system. The Force Impact system is expected to lend more realism to the process of moves such as stiff arms, which will now be targeted to specific parts of a defender and carry out all the way to the ground.

Other changes to the game include the removal of the sprint button, which is now replaced with a more realistic speed burst when runners hit the hole in the defensive line. Additionally, ball-carriers will be able to use the right stick to regain any balance lost when breaking tackles. The changes to the running game start with better block targeting for offensive line AI, which EA says is a priority for the NCAA 14 team this year. The publisher will also reveal details about the game's own Ultimate Team mode in May, which is new to the NCAA Football series, but a mainstay in EA's other sports franchises.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So its safe to say he probably gained around 40 some odd points in attribute points so far.

What about Andrew Apo?

66 OVR, 87 CTH, 72 CIT, 78 SPC, 88 RLS, 82 RTE, 88 SPD

69 OVR, 87 CTH, 87 CIT, 78 SPC, 87 RLS, 86 RTE, 88 SPD

I guess he regressed a point with RLS.

BigAT

69 OVR, 87 CTH, 87 CIT, 78 SPC, 87 RLS, 86 RTE, 88 SPD

I guess he regressed a point with RLS.

I don't know what it is about RLS, but Cruz/Nicks have each regressed like 5-6 points in it during the franchise, despite being in the prime of their careers.

They up the dynasty cap yet? -_-

i'm done with NCAA until they up the dynasty number. once you get a taste of playing a human opponent every week you can no longer deal with playing the shitty CPU for a majority of the season.

and while we're on the subject of NCAA, although i'm sure the sorry ass NCAA wouldn't allow it, i wish tiburon could give us the option of having a playoff format instead of the god awful BCS

its just stupid that they have the limits on human teams. at least give us 25 human teams and let the commish figure the rest out on the scheduling. pretty sure you could get the vast majority of your games against human opponents if that were the case

p.s.

and also let us import the draft classes into madden 25! THEN we'd be talking tiburon!

Rorschach

That is awesome!

Madden 25 is going to be digital football nirvana

There's always something they sacrifice for a new feature like taking away control to facilitate animations. "Introducing 'find a hole button'! Now, just press A and the AI runs for you! No more controlling your runners!"

Mrbob

fuck yes guacamelee is finally being released next week on ps3/vita. best of all, it's cross buy! buy 1 get the other free! if you love metroidvania games then get ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ySsX2h-OtE (some spoilers)

also later in the month on vita soul sacrifice is coming out! the year of vita continues!

What is this? Looks awesome. Also, Soul Sacrifice is out in a month?

I should remove my Sony fanboy badge. Not keeping up on current PS3/Vita releases.

Top Bottom