• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Mrbob

I haven't seen the price of Live Gold go cheaper than $34.99 once the price went up to $59.99.

Hate paying for Live Gold. Might as well get the pain over with quickly so I stacked a couple years. I just hope I didn't fuck myself and somehow tiers change with the next Xbox.

I haven't seen the price of Live Gold go cheaper than $34.99 once the price went up to $59.99.

Hate paying for Live Gold. Might as well get the pain over with quickly so I stacked a couple years. I just hope I didn't fuck myself and somehow tiers change with the next Xbox.

That's what I'm thinking.

Rorschach

Can't believe no one else took his deal, kept repeating it in the thread but no one took him up on it. On the other hand one player I wanted didn't show up on my list when my pick was due but he was still on the board, so I never got the player I wanted, also had my on a DT but I went into panic mode!

Whatever, next draft.

I wasn't reading the thread :(

Rorschach

I can play now if you're free.

LVWwkII.gif
LVWwkII.gif
LVWwkII.gif
LVWwkII.gif
LVWwkII.gif

eznark

Banned

Lol if they did that I wouldn't buy the system. That'd be so shitty.

Mrbob

Played the 360 DmC demo, had the best dialog exchange ever in a game. Dante and this giant butt monster are sending barbs back and forth when this sequence occurs:

Butt Monster: Fuck you!

Dante : Fuck you!

Butt Monster: Fuckkkkkkk yooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

It was so bad yet so awesome at the same time. This is enough for me to pick up the game when there is a Steam sale. I want to see how terribly awesome the rest of the story pans out.

gg rinse! that shit was fun

Finally a game without a boatload of turnovers on one or both sides of the ball. I wasn't even mad at the pick i threw... tried to throw to the wrong shoulder and got burnt for it. Shoulda thrown it away.

That catch on 3rd and long was so lucky lol. Then the very next play you hit a 60yd TD or something crazy. I was so pissed. I kept telling myself dont give up the big play! Make him burn clock and earn it... then i go and let that happen :/

Your running game had me off balance most of the game. I was glad i could grab the lead before the half and maintain it so i force you to pass more. If i was playing from behind all game and you could continue to run i was fucked.

edit----

Cant believe I am 5-3!

M Flenorl playing with dat Aaron Rodgers chip on his shoulder against the #1 QB

Flenorl 17/21 250yds 80% comp 2TD 1INT

I know it gaudy like the elites in here but that is a hell of a passing day for ole shake!

Played the 360 DmC demo, had the best dialog exchange ever in a game. Dante and this giant butt monster are sending barbs back and forth when this sequence occurs:

Butt Monster: Fuck you!

Dante : Fuck you!

Butt Monster: Fuckkkkkkk yooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

It was so bad yet so awesome at the same time. This is enough for me to pick up the game when there is a Steam sale. I want to see how terribly awesome the rest of the story pans out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0I6TlPSH20

thieves

rinse82

gg rinse! that shit was fun

Finally a game without a boatload of turnovers on one or both sides of the ball. I wasn't even mad at the pick i threw... tried to throw to the wrong shoulder and got burnt for it. Shoulda thrown it away.

That catch on 3rd and long was so lucky lol. Then the very next play you hit a 60yd TD or something crazy. I was so pissed. I kept telling myself dont give up the big play! Make him burn clock and earn it... then i go and let that happen :/

Your running game had me off balance most of the game. I was glad i could grab the lead before the half and maintain it so i force you to pass more. If i was playing from behind all game and you could continue to run i was fucked.

edit----

Cant believe I am 5-3!

Lol I just remembered the 3rd down catch, tipped off Carroll (who keeps dropping passes btw) and into Watson's hands.

Lol I just remembered the 3rd down catch, tipped off Carroll (who keeps dropping passes btw) and into Watson's hands.

I was cheering at first cause i thought i stopped you then i saw 1st and 10 - "what the fuck!?!" ... and apparently you saw something in the coverage that you liked, hurried up right after that, and hit 60yrd bomb.

Why didn't I change coverages? what a dumb mistake :(

FMT/Ez/Sok

What difficulty are you playing NNK on? I was reading the official thread and it seems easy is regular and regular is hard to batshit hard. I'm on regular right now and I haven't run into any problems but I'm not very far in.

FMT/Ez/Sok

What difficulty are you playing NNK on? I was reading the official thread and it seems easy is regular and regular is hard to batshit hard. I'm on regular right now and I haven't run into any problems but I'm not very far in.

i'm playing on regular. i'm about 9 hours in an there have been some difficult parts but nothing i would call complete bullshit. i think once people realize that R2/L2 can be used to scroll the battle menus it makes it a bit easier. before i realized that, i was having to do an awkward hand motion of having my left thumb on the stick, then moving my right hand over to the D-pad to switch menus and moving it back to the buttons to select.

eznark

Banned
FMT/Ez/Sok

Regular. I died for the first time (nightmare monster dude) last night about 8 hours in.

What made it easier for me was when I realized you can cancel your own actions with O. I knew about the scrolling stuff but was sitting in defense and attack longer than necessary at times.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Wellie. For some reason I can't stop your goal line toss. It's a guaranteed touchdown apparently.
GG

I audible to it when people come out in the goal line formation. My guys are excellent blockers when they are pulling, so it works really well for me.

My first round rookies came up huge in that one. Combined for 12 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT and an FF.

Colasante

GG

I audible to it when people come out in the goal line formation. My guys are excellent blockers when they are pulling, so it works really well for me.

My first round rookies came up huge in that one. Combined for 12 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 INT and an FF.

I was getting so pissed about Garcia. MJD gave up 4 sacks to that visor-wearing jerk.

Games Remaining

Dolphins @ Bills
Lions @ Texans
Colts @ Jets
Bengals @ Raiders
Cowboys @ Falcons
Eagles @ Ravens
Buccaneers @ Redskins
Chargers @ Browns
Patriots @ Seahawks

Now that we're halfway through the season, let's compare the Difference from the stats a Quarter of the way through. This is basically a quote from my earlier post, I'm going to bold all the updates.

-There are currently 8 undefeated teams. 49ers, Bills, and Dolphins are 4-0. Colts, Saints, Giants, and Buccanneers are 3-0.
-The San Francisco 49ers are the only undefeated team.
-There are currently 5 winless teams. The Browns, Jets, Seahawks, Packers, and Ravens are all 0-3. Ravens and Jets face off this week in the Jets home opener.
-There are 2 winless teams. The Browns and the Jets are 0-7.
-The Bengals and Texans are the only teams with 3 road wins (no losses).
-There are four teams that are undefeated on the road. The 49ers, Saints, Bengals, and Texans are 4-0 when visiting.
-The Giants, Vikings, Dolphins, and 49ers are the only teams with 3 home wins (no losses).
-There are 6 teams undefeated at home. They are the Cowboys, Dolphins, Colts, Giants, Bills, and 49ers.
-5 games with 10 different teams have gone into OT.
-There have been 11 OT games with 17 teams.
-The (3-1) Vikings and the (1-2) Patriots are averaging the most Points Per Game at 40.3. The Jets are in last at 4.3 ppg.
-The (3-4) Patriots are averaging the most Points Per Game at 34.9. The Jets are in last at 7.6 ppg.
-The Jets are averaging the most points allowed at 145 through 3 games. Next closest are the Titans at 135 points through 4 games, or the Steelers at 112 points through 3 games.
-The Jets are averaging the most points allowed at 261 through 9 games. Next closest are the Steelers at 242 through 8 games, and then the Titans at 239 points through 8 games.
-The Bills lead the league with 16 INTs.
-The Lions lead the league with 24 INTs in 7 games.
-The Giants lead the league with 18 sacks, and have only played 3 games.
-The Giants lead the league with 37 sacks in 8 games.
-The Vikings have an amazing 11 TDs on 11 Red Zone appearances.
-The Vikings have 16 TDs and 1 FG in 18 Red Zone appearances.
-The Giants have only had another offense in their Red Zone once so far, they are the only team with 100% DEF RDZ% AND 100% OFF REDZ%.
-The Giants have allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs in the 6 times their opponents reached the red zone.
-The Cardinals have been penalized a league high 5 times for a league high 59 yards.
-The Broncos have been penalized a league high 18 times for a league high 162 yards.
-The Cowboys and the Bills lead the league with a +9 TO differential.
-The Cowboys lead the league with a +15 TO differential.
-The Panthers and the Jets have a league low -10 TO differential.
-The Steelers, Browns, and Jets have a league low -14 TO differential.
-The Jets and the Eagles are the unluckiest teams in the league with 5 fumbles lost.
-The Giants are the unluckiest team in the league with 9 fumbles lost.
-The Bengals are the luckiest team in the league with no fumbles lost.
-The Bengals and the Titans are the luckiest teams in the league with 1 fumble lost.

-Tom Brady leads the league with 12 TDs.
-Tom Brady and the Rapist lead the league with 26 TDs.
-Joe Flacco leads the league with 14 INTs.
-The Rapist leads the league with 28 INTs.
-Ben Roethlisberger leads the league with 1001 passing yards.
-The Rapist leads the league with 2,608 passing yards.
-Colin Kaepernick leads the league with a 72% completion percentage.
-Colin Kaepernick leads the league with a 72% completion percentage.
-Phillip Rivers leads the league with a QB Rating of 119.9.
-Colin Kaepernick leads the league with a QB Rating of 116.0.
-Brock Osweiler has been sacked 20 times.
-Tony Romo has been sacked 35 times.
-Ty Peters has 559 rushing yards. Next closest is LSH with 340 rushing yards.
-Ty Peters has 877 rushing yards, Next closest is LMJ with 819 rushing yards.
-C.J. Spiller leads the league with 6 rushing TDs.
-Donald Brown leads the league with 11 rushing TDs.
-Calvin Johnson Jr. has a league high 31 receptions and a league high 466 receiving yards.
-Calvin Johnson Jr. has a league high 67 receptions.
-Mike Wallace has a league high 1,068 receiving yards.

-Percy Harvin leads the league with 6 TD receptions.
-Mike Wallace leads the league with 12 TD receptions.
-Terrence McGee leads the league with 5 INTs.
-Champ Bailey, Rajion Taylor, Jordin Grey, Patrick Peterson, and Jerraud Powers lead the league with 6 INTs.
-Karlos Dansby has 9 Pass Deflections. The next closest is Terrence McGee with 4.
-Karlos Dansby has 10 Pass Deflections. The next closest is Tracy Porter with 7.
-Nobody has blocked a kick.
-Travis Benjamin is the only player in the league with 2 KRs for TDs.
-Travis Benjamin is the only player in the league with 3 KRs for TDs.
-Frostee Rucker is the only player in the league with a Safety.
And 8 different players have 3 fumbles (not fumbles lost). No1 has 4.
-Ahmad Bradshaw leads the league with 9 fumbles (not fumbles lost).

i think once people realize that R2/L2 can be used to scroll the battle menus it makes it a bit easier. before i realized that, i was having to do an awkward hand motion of having my left thumb on the stick.

Haha same

I felt embarrassed when I finally figured out you could use R2/L2. Almost died running around while trying to fight with the controller.

Regular. I died for the first time (nightmare monster dude) last night about 8 hours in.

What made it easier for me was when I realized you can cancel your own actions with O. I knew about the scrolling stuff but was sitting in defense and attack longer than necessary at times.

Yeah they don't really explain some of the more 'advanced' stuff you need to do to stay alive. Also I loaded up on bread! Life saver in a pinch

gg Shake, your adjustments at the line really threw me for a loop on D.

Played very poorly, messed up that potential tying/winning drive

The battle of last place in the AFC South is officially on for next week.

Jut played @ IND and my upcoming sched is JAX,HOU,@JAX,NYJ,@HOU. Division time.

Rorschach

I hate when a manual controlled player is causing holding calls by shaking like a moron and then they accept them! I need higher awareness blockers.

McNei1y

gg DM. I hurt myself the entire game. Also, I hate tapping A to fast... fucking threw and int right after the snap.

I was so pumped when I got the ball back down by one score; unfortunately, I immediately threw an int.

I thought I was making progress on defense but I still can't stop comebacks and out routes. My corners are literally fucking idiots. I'm also ashamed that I tried to hit stick rather than tackle you... I gave up two/three touchdowns because of that. Oh well, I'll learn from it.

Mrbob

I hate when a manual controlled player is causing holding calls by shaking like a moron and then they accept them! I need higher awareness blockers.

I've never seen this happen. Seems bush league to me. Create a penalty by breaking the game logic and then accepting it.

Top Bottom