• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

LukeSmith

Are they random or do holds impact the outcome of a play. I always assumed they were not random so i accept them. Fumbles are random and no on punts right after they get one.

It depends on the opponent and the penalties called up to that point. I think LJ and I historically have just declined penalties against each other that were out of our control? I have no clue or guess as to how the penalty logic is applied in the game!

If it was a "sim" amount of penalties we'd be begging to turn penalty slider down. PI could always be turned up (offensive or defensive), but we wouldn't notice the difference

eznark

Banned
It depends on the opponent and the penalties called up to that point. I think LJ and I historically have just declined penalties against each other that were out of our control? I have no clue or guess as to how the penalty logic is applied in the game!

If it was a "sim" amount of penalties we'd be begging to turn penalty slider down. PI could always be turned up (offensive or defensive), but we wouldn't notice the difference

I can't even remember the last time a penalty was called in a game I played but I do remember accepting a few penalties on outside runs where Matthews was suction blocked and it sprang a big run. I've been noticing tons of that again which is nice. Against Sok no matter what I did he could run off tackle and my defenders would ignore the runner and fly at blockers. I would have accepted the shit out of hold calls there because Soka is obviously a cheater.

McNei1y

You accept holding penalties? Jeezo

I've never had anyone not accept a holding penalty against me.

Is this the normal mentality of the league? I've been accepting them for the reason eznark has given. I didn't even know you can manually hold. If people are declining holding penalties as a gesture, I can begin to do that as well. But normally I'm just like fuck it and accept.

When I finally converted, I was looking for the 3rd flag. God damn crooked refs!

I was ready to hit A. I really could've used a third holding call!

All-Time Coach Standings by Win %
Previous Rank Coach Team (Win %) / (Playoff Record)
  1. 1 Bill Walsh SF (.909) / (3-1)*
  2. 2 John Valentine BUF (.818) / (2-2)**
  3. 3 Walter White NYG (.761) / (5-1)*
  4. 4 Oscar Herrera DEN (.744) / (1-2)
  5. 6 Michael Jackson PHI (.738) / (1-2)
  6. 7 Eric Taylor IND (.725) / (0-1)
  7. 5 LeNeigrow Fresh HOU (.723) / (5-2)**
  8. 8 Stephen Ramirez PIT (.690) / (0-2)
  9. 9 Sean Payton NO (.690) / (0-2)
  10. 10 Ricardo Ganon OAK (.675) / (0-1)
  11. 11 Terry Tate CIN (.667) / (2-1)
  12. 20 lance hardwood KC (.625)
  13. 12 Bob Bisquick CHI (.605) / (2-1)
  14. 13 Dirk Vermeil STL (.561) / (0-1)
  15. 14 Jon Gruden TB (.487)
  16. 15 Don Coryell SD (.475) / (0-1)
  17. 17 Tony Stark ATL (.463) / (1-1)
  18. 16 The Pheeniks MIA (.462)
  19. 18 Mister McNeily WSH (.425)
  20. 19 Bob Sacamano TEN (.417)
  21. 24 Mark Smart MIN (.400)
  22. 22 Miles Alexander CAR (.400)
  23. 28 Gabe Newell BAL (.400)
  24. 21 Bobby Ross DET (.385)
  25. 23 Chris Levious DAL (.385)
  26. 25 Matthews Barney SEA (.385)
  27. 26 Drew Bledsoe NE (.333)
  28. 27 Barry Alvarez GB (.317) / (0-1)
  29. 29 Phil Jackson NYJ (.231)
  30. 30 Barry Lyndon ARZ (.171)
  31. 31 Kevin Liu JAX (.150)
  32. 32 Tywin Lannister CLE (.077)

*Super Bowl Win
**Super Bowl Loss

LukeSmith

Is this the normal mentality of the league? I've been accepting them for the reason eznark has given. I didn't even know you can manually hold. If people are declining holding penalties as a gesture, I can begin to do that as well. But normally I'm just like fuck it and accept.

Nah, I think it just changes from person to person. I usually just let the other person dictate it if the hold gets called against me first, or if I'm playing Ramirez, I always accept every penalty

It's been my experience that youre more likely to get a holding call if you take an unorthadox route with your RB/KR. I accept them, it's a part of the game.

McNei1y

Things I want in Madden 14:

1. Exhibition games/scrimmages in CCM

2. Spectator mode

3. Re-work on the Attribute system as well as descriptions for what each one does specifically. IE: look at NHL's system.

4. Physics tuning. The physics in this game are absolutely idiotic. DM and I had so many situations where Freeman, Griffin, Jones, Watkins, and others just get stuck on the linemen for a good 5 seconds. I know everyone experiences this. It's so fucking annoying!

Rorschach

I usually only accept when it affects the play and it was obvious, but accept them if you want. I don't see a problem with it since they happen IRL.

You guys should have seen the refs in my game with Mastershake. Huge assholes.

I've never seen this happen. Seems bush league to me. Create a penalty by breaking the game logic and then accepting it.
They don't do it on purpose (although, I'm sure now I'll see it or maybe not... simit!).

eznark

Banned
Things I want in Madden 14:

1. Exhibition games/scrimmages in CCM

2. Spectator mode

3. Re-work on the Attribute system as well as descriptions for what each one does specifically. IE: look at NHL's system.

4. Physics tuning. The physics in this game are absolutely idiotic. DM and I had so many situations where Freeman, Griffin, Jones, Watkins, and others just get stuck on the linemen for a good 5 seconds. I know everyone experiences this. It's so fucking annoying!

Just let me pick my playbook in practice and run it as many times as I want (sans XP or whatever I give no fucks) and I'd be happy.

I accept all penalties when I am on the road because you know it had to be blatant as fuck.

Birdman02

I accept most penalties....the only one I can think of that I decline is the late hit out of bounds. I wasn't aware that you could manually cause holding penalties.

McNei1y

Nah, I think it just changes from person to person. I usually just let the other person dictate it if the hold gets called against me first, or if I'm playing Ramirez, I always accept every penalty

iAcHSqeixAfTe.gif

McNei1y

I usually only accept when it affects the play and it was obvious, but accept them if you want. I don't see a problem with it since they happen IRL.

I accept all penalties when I am on the road because you know it had to be blatant as fuck.

I accept most penalties....the only one I can think of that I decline is the late hit out of bounds. I wasn't aware that you could manually cause holding penalties.

Okay then. I'll just continue to fuck people over and accept them bitches. I was just curious how the rest of the league handled that.

Just let me pick my playbook in practice and run it as many times as I want (sans XP or whatever I give no fucks) and I'd be happy.

This would suffice but I'd prefer to actually play people just so I can get the hang of human opponents rather than the computer. But fuck it, why not just have both in the game. Bastards!

Mrbob

I used to not accept holding penalties. But then everyone started accepting them against me and I stopped giving any fucks. I accept every penalty now.

eznark

Banned
This would suffice but I'd prefer to actually play people just so I can get the hang of human opponents rather than the computer. But fuck it, why not just have both in the game. Bastards!

When has EA ever given us more than "barely sufficient" improvements?

Trasher

I generally decline the stupid blocking penalties on kickoffs. Those are so dumb.

And I will also decline delay of game penalties when the game randomly decides to run the clock down super fast. This seems to happen after injuries frequently. I can't quite figure it out.

LukeSmith

And I will also decline delay of game penalties when the game randomly decides to run the clock down super fast. This seems to happen after injuries frequently. I can't quite figure it out.

Injury "cut scenes" eat into the playclock - which is retarded, I can't believe I've forgot to whine about this.

Bad enough my team is made of glass and then I am going to get delay of game, too?

Fuckkkkkkkkk this

Tenessee has released 25 year old CB Cody Sensabaugh. They have decided to go with Huff as their NickelBack / Occasional SS and have signed FA SS Robert Blanton to help with Huff's old duties. Tennessee is recently thinner at the CB position with the loss of their #1 CB Rashean Mathis.

LukeSmith

Tenessee has released 25 year old CB Cody Sensabaugh. They have decided to go with Huff as their NickelBack / Occasional SS and have signed FA SS Robert Blanton to help with Huff's old duties. Tennessee is recently thinner at the CB position with the loss of their #1 CB Rashean Mathis.

350x.jpg

BigAT

-The Giants are the unluckiest team in the league with 9 fumbles lost.

Good to see some things don't change year to year.

i accept any and all penalties! just like in real life, a holding flag is completely random and the refs just throw it when they feel like it.

p.s.

im pretty sure if there was a stat for most personal foul/late hit on the qb i would be leading the league by a large margin. i feel like i have one called every other game :(

eznark

Banned
Injury "cut scenes" eat into the playclock - which is retarded, I can't believe I've forgot to whine about this.

Bad enough my team is made of glass and then I am going to get delay of game, too?

Fuckkkkkkkkk this

That and quarter changes you get a shorter clock. So much bullshit.

McNei1y

I meant to ask about this earlier, but in my game with DM, I threw a pick and play didn't stop at all. What I mean was, when you throw a pick, the camera pans around and the game pauses for a second. But this pick was different. I threw it and the game kept going as the camera panned around. It was weird. Has that happened to anyone before?

Sokantish

I don't know why you guys take so long to pick plays anyway, Madden makes up his mind pretty quickly.

I meant to ask about this earlier, but in my game with DM, I threw a pick and play didn't stop at all. What I mean was, when you throw a pick, the camera pans around and the game pauses for a second. But this pick was different. I threw it and the game kept going as the camera panned around. It was weird. Has that happened to anyone before?

Yeah it's happened a few times for me, it makes it hard to control your player because it switches so fast

LukeSmith

NFC Playoff Race at the halfway point

Leaders in the Clubhouse
  • FMT 8-0
  • AT 7-1
  • Birdles 7-1
  • MrBob 4-4

Wildcards
  • CB 5-2
  • DM 5-3

In the hunt:
  • Bluemax 4-3
  • Soka 4-4 - by way of NFC North championship. 2nd place is not getting a WC spot from NFCN (They played the AFC South)

With a little Help from my friends...
  • Wellie 4-4
  • GCQ 4-4
  • Levious 3-4 (assuming he beats Az, he'd be 4-4)

Rorschach

That's a lag thing. Was your game spiking at all?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i accept any and all penalties! just like in real life, a holding flag is completely random and the refs just throw it when they feel like it.

p.s.

im pretty sure if there was a stat for most personal foul/late hit on the qb i would be leading the league by a large margin. i feel like i have one called every other game :(

Is that why you stealth changed that slider that one time?

BigAT

NCAA is like that a lot. I used to give the ball away on a lot of user INTs because I would still be holding LT (lateral) for strafing.

McNei1y

hahahah I'm playing random teams with a friend of mine online and I got the Colts... I totally forgot Joe Lefeged plays for them. I played football with him in high school.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
there was never a "stealth" change, it was like that from the beginning of the franchise. doesn't matter if it's at 35, 50 or anything else! i still get called!

Didn't you try to get bob to side with you too until I exposed it and you were the only one who wanted tthe slider to be changed cause you take late shots on the QBs?

Top Bottom