• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

TheCrow

Supposed their will be cut days during the preseason. So, maybe? Wonder who will lose a key player to injury in a preseason game first.

i'll play all my pre-season games with backups most of the time!

we'll see how many people want to risk their starters in a pre-season game if it means they get more points to give out

McNei1y

Supposed their will be cut days during the preseason. So, maybe? Wonder who will lose a key player to injury in a preseason game first.

Oh man the outrage would be huge. That makes the season even longer too!

we'll see how many people want to risk their starters in a pre-season game if it means they get more points to give out

Well it could be worth the risk. I guess time will tell... I also suggest that preseason games don't last as long as the normal schedule :D

LJ11

Madden 09 I believe. Was my first year playing a Madden league, though I joined the 360 league where I was introduced to vumpler.

Hahaha, I was in that league too. Remember playing vumpler with the Vikes, filling in for Slo. Dude kept using this 46 blitz that was instant pressure, but he couldn't do squat on O except WR screens. Locked his garbage up, kept it tight, but he nailed me late with a TD to Smith.

40 seconds to go and I hit AP in the flat, broke a couple of tackles and he was almost gone. 8 seconds or so left, around the 25-30 yard line, I dagger him with a post over the middle with some scrub 4th string receiver. Felt good.

Had another game against a cheeser, which I didn't win (played like a pussy, didn't try to score), and I confused the shit out of him for 4 ints. Dude would just check to one play if zone, check to another if man. Since man lock was busted he knew presnap. Well he didn't know that if you shifted LBs they would no longer motion with a receiver in man. Plus 4 turnover and barely lost. It was the playbook selection, was in a run heavy book.

Sorry for the rant. lol

daw840

Really? There is going to be a practice mode for your own team?

Man....I'm really depressed now. :(

I've been in this league every year since 2007. :(

I got banned and had a baby last year and that's the only reason I didn't have enough time or energy for this league and now I'm apparently not one of the vets anymore. :(

LJ11

Come back friend.

I probably would've stuck around last year, but the netcode was shit. Never had that problem with Madden, but it seemed like every game with the exception of one or two against Rors, chugged. It didn't really feel like lag either, more like the fps were in the mid to low twenties, it was just so slow.

Ramirez

There's a guy on the waiting list named Ramocalypse? LOL

LJ, we had bad lag one year, was it last year? I have such a bad memory...it straightened itself out though. You should at least give it a go this year...

McNei1y

So I reread Connected Careers information. I haven't seen anything about Pre-season but I had a second guess about the whole XP system. There are weekly goals and all that. I wonder how much that's going to make me worry about XP rather than winning.

TheCrow

I got banned and had a baby last year and that's the only reason I didn't have enough time or energy for this league and now I'm apparently not one of the vets anymore. :(

Don't worry you're in. FMT just doesn't know yet.

CB.... was right.

this is what happens when people quit the league (and for whatever reason, i'm not saying it's justified or isn't in any situation) and we are left hanging and having to find replacements. then those replacements turn out to be really good, dependable players who are active in the thread and played all their games and etc etc etc.

so they play multiple seasons and want to keep playing and how do we just kick them to the curb? it's unfortunate and i'm hoping it all works out but the truth of the matter is there are some vets that will be on the outside looking in because of that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I saw a problem with this happening last year. FMT didnt wanna listen!

But i side with his ruling. New guys who played all of last year shouldnt be removed because other people want in

daw840

CB.... was right.

this is what happens when people quit the league (and for whatever reason, i'm not saying it's justified or isn't in any situation) and we are left hanging and having to find replacements. then those replacements turn out to be really good, dependable players who are active in the thread and played all their games and etc etc etc.

so they play multiple seasons and want to keep playing and how do we just kick them to the curb? it's unfortunate and i'm hoping it all works out but the truth of the matter is there are some vets that will be on the outside looking in because of that.

I retract my statement if it makes CB right....that can't happen.

daw840

How about this. A big ass tournament. Top 32 are in.

That means I probably won't be in still....but at least there's a chance!

How about this. A big ass tournament. Top 32 are in.

That means I probably won't be in still....but at least there's a chance!

the league isn't finalized yet. what is in the OP is what i believe to be the league roster.... which appears to have 1 spot open. possibly 2 spots if LJ doesn't play.

how will we determine who gets the last spot left if there is one left? i don't know. haven't thought about that yet!

daw840

the league isn't finalized yet. what is in the OP is what i believe to be the league roster.... which appears to have 1 spot open. possibly 2 spots if LJ doesn't play.

how will we determine who gets the last spot left if there is one left? i don't know. haven't thought about that yet!

35noi6.jpg

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I'm more worried about risking my free time in a preseason game.

DCX

DCX
I'm more worried about risking my free time in a preseason game.
It should be disabled for our league. No one wants to play four meaningless games when it could mean us being four weeks into the season.

Watch EA not give FMT that option lol

DCX

is anybody else here going to get CS global offensive?

I think if I get it, it will be for nostalgia's sake...bf3 CQ has it pretty good. but we will see. it's definitely a little different

BigAT

I think if I get it, it will be for nostalgia's sake...bf3 CQ has it pretty good. but we will see. it's definitely a little different

I'm not, based on impressions in the preorder thread. Seemed like everyone was saying it played more like Source and was perhaps even worse than that.

Smokey

I'm going to check it out on PC. It's only $15 I think so if it sucks won't be a big deal. If it was $60 though I'd pass.

Sucks that daw is on outside looking in. If you can't commit full time it would be better to show up once every advance period and just get the game over with (or have a sub every now and then) then to just outright drop.

Too many vultures want in. They get a taste of the High Life and end up sticking around.

I'm not, based on impressions in the preorder thread. Seemed like everyone was saying it played more like Source and was perhaps even worse than that.

That's kind of what my impression was....I figured if a bunch of dudes I knew had it that it might be fun.

I'm not even quite sure what the difference really is between this and source besides it looks a little better

BigAT

That's kind of what my impression was....I figured if a bunch of dudes I knew had it that it might be fun.

I'm not even quite sure what the difference really is between this and source besides it looks a little better

Yeah, I haven't been following the development of it especially closely, but what is it even supposed to be improving on aside from graphics? I just don't see why I would pay $15 for a game that I already have two versions of, both of which seemingly play better.

CS 1.6 is still my favorite but even when I go back and play it looks like shit lol. it's only fun if you have a party of people you know, I felt this way back then. I always played on basically the same 2 servers...one was called beerforbreakfast and I pretty much got to know the regulars. and this game was my entire saturday mornings in high school

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I will buy the game is I am given the last spot.

Highest gamer score gets the spot? :)

* oh and all you guys should have bought Deadlight last week. SO good *

McNei1y

It should be disabled for our league. No one wants to play four meaningless games when it could mean us being four weeks into the season.

Watch EA not give FMT that option lol

DCX

We could probably sim with injuries off.

I'm getting CS GO for the 360 so i can play with my brother.

LukeSmith

The Madden 13 Preseason Tier Rankings

Not all who play are chosen.

S Tier
Rors - Even after a one-year hiatus, the king is set to retake his throne.

A Tier
Good Players...
  • DM - If the Bucs are rated properly this year, could fall as far as B+
  • LJ - Are you in or out?

...with Good Teams
  • Ramirez - Twins, auto fumbles, overcommit MLB, somehow wins titles. We should be ashamed.
  • CB - Battling Luke for "best player to never win anything of meaning" year in and year out.
  • Smokey - Number of titles won without fleecing DCX? 0
  • FMT - Only has to play 1/2 of the game, because the defense plays itself. Borderline livewire tier passer, now

B+ Tier
  • BigAT - Dota or Madden, Dota or Madden
  • Crow - Will suck dick for a peyton manning trade and picture with a StarCraft 2 "pro."
  • Wellington - (if user DL play is allowed this season)
  • Birdles - America's best shot at forcing FMT to play with a worse team.

C+ Tier - Hey, it's a passing grade
  • Pheenix - Quietly getting better and better every year, will contend for the Wild Card this year. Book it.
  • Splat* - *jump balls not fixed, and dline play still allowed
  • Nightz - Tough division, but you've got heart.
  • Wellington - If line planned is banned

Gentleman's Club Tier
If politeness won games...
  • Levious
  • GCQ
  • Ferny
  • Somnia

Thank God you're funny because we don't keep you around for the competition Tier
  • eznark - GARY WHITTA GARY WHITTA
  • McNeily
  • Goldlion
  • MrBob
  • Trasher

Lucky there isn't a play-in Tier because if there was...
  • Bluemax
  • DCX
Seriously, just run the fucking ball
  • Sanjuro
  • LiveWire

Top Bottom