• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LukeSmith

Time to go Inside the Numbers:

4th Down Attempts:
The most 4th down attempts in the league (conversions in parenthesis):

Cardinals 13(4)
Packers 8(2)
Jaguars 7(2)

These teams are a combined 1-18

Other notable teams: Steelers(hang on to this), Seahawks, Patriots all with 6 attempts.

Rushing by QB

Bob Griffin leads the league in rushing yards from QB with 224 and 0 TDs.
2nd place?
Steelers Ben Rothlisberger with 141 and 3 TDs

Remember when Ramirez was upset that Crow used Josh Johnson at QB? This season, Josh Johnson has 32 yards rushing on 9 carries (1 TD).

Sacks taken:

The three least sacked (starting) QBs in the league?
  • Drew Brees (5)
  • Sam Bradford (6)
  • Luck, Brady, Fitzpatrick (7)

The most sacked QBs in the league:
  • Bob Griffin(32)
  • John Skelton(32)
  • Christian Ponder(22)

The Ponder stat should surprise no one, those deep fly routes take time to get open for the lob!

Random Stat of the Day:

Smokey's D has only allowed 3 trips to the redzone all year.

Sokantish

I don't think that's the reason I've been sacked so much! There's a couple players on my line that have really bad ratings, so I'm gonna blame it on that instead

bluemax

Banned
I think almost all of my 4th down attempts came against FMT. Most of them came on like 4th and 3 just past midfield and I desperately wanted to keep my drives alive. Alas, I would've been better off punting every time.

I don't think that's the reason I've been sacked so much! There's a couple players on my line that have really bad ratings, so I'm gonna blame it on that instead

Chris Clemons and Bruce Irvin are ready.

Rorschach

I think I have one 4th down attempt, but it was a 4th down knee because I didn't know what to do in that gray area... it was 4th and goal and my opponent was already royally pissed.

Colasante

Wellie and I have the two worst Olines in the league!

Genuine question: how relevant is an offensive lineman's attributes to their production? My O-line actually has what seem like pretty decent pass blocking stats but that doesn't stop anyone from blowing through them for at least 5 sacks each game. Part of it is me holding onto the ball for too long, but there are always times when I can't complete a quick slants pass because I'm sacked as soon as the receiver makes his cut.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Genuine question: how relevant is an offensive lineman's attributes to their production? My O-line actually has what seem like pretty decent pass blocking stats but that doesn't stop anyone from blowing through them for at least 5 sacks each game. Part of it is me holding onto the ball for too long, but there are always times when I can't complete a quick slants pass because I'm sacked as soon as the receiver makes his cut.

Pro Tip: Coming out in 5-Wide is like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Rorschach

Don't take QBs if you already have an 80+ QB. What a waste.

I'll look at your OL tomorrow, but yes it's important. Unfortunately, I've found in previous years (not certain about this year) that OLs kinda play down to the QB behind them sometimes. Magically, Peyton gets more time to throw than Skelton. That said, it's important and OL is the most important position IMO. An OL that takes over a game is devastating. There's nothing you can do or call against a juggernaut offensive line. Just ask anyone that has tried to blitz the 9ers or tried to get off one of their blocks to tackle the HB.

LukeSmith

bookburning460.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Don't take QBs if you already have an 80+ QB. What a waste.

I'll look at your OL tomorrow, but yes it's important. Unfortunately, I've found in previous years (not certain about this year) that OLs kinda play down to the QB behind them sometimes. Magically, Peyton gets more time to throw than Skelton. That said, it's important and OL is the most important position IMO. An OL that takes over a game is devastating. There's nothing you can do or call against a juggernaut offensive line. Just ask anyone that has tried to blitz the 9ers or tried to get off one of their blocks to tackle the HB.

I don't think the O-Line plays down to the QB. I mean if that were the case I'd be doing way worse in terms of sacks allowed.

Although my sacks have gone up a bit since I moved JR Sweezy into the starting lineup. He has one of the worst AWR ratings of any of my OLine but some of the best blocking attributes.

Could also just be a product of better pass rushes, since a lot of my sacks have come against the 49ers and Patriots. I dunno.

But yeah, I wish I had an OLine like the 49ers, every time FMT went to the edge my guys would pursue just fine and then get flattened. It was like FMT's running backs had a protected tunnel to the sideline.

Ramirez

JJ was just an elaborate troll on me, well played.

I really don't know how to explain my rushing stats with Ben, I've never been one to tuck it and run, but like I said, people just play 2 Man deep on me or some deep zone and there's just tons of room to run. Even with the rushing stats, I'm still in the top 5 or so in passing stats, and with one less game than most of the others.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wellie and I have the two worst Olines in the league!

If that's factually correct then I am not shocked on why I can't really run the ball all that well as well as make the sack stat even more ridiculous. I'd bet that my average ypc before first contact is like 2 yards. Thank you based SJax.

eznark

Banned
All my fourth down attempts have come on last drives of losing games. Bit of a skewed stat. The two conversions immediately led to another 4th down attempt!

BigAT

RE6 sounds like its a giant turd. I'd cancel any pre order now to avoid disappointment.

Not shocking. It was unbelievable to me how much of a turd it looked like in every single video they released. And this is coming from someone that loved RE5.

I still can't see anything but the giraffe getting head when I look at the logo.

Mrbob

DJ Moore is going to end up as the greatest contract I've ever resigned in Madden. Accepted a 4 year extension a little over a million a year. In return for me giving him such a big offer, he grabbed another TAINT for me against the Lions. Three Taints in six games now.

CB3

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Is there ever going to be a chance to change my offensive scheme? I am everything other than a spread offense and it fucking blows that my players take a ratings hit for it.

TheCrow

Is there ever going to be a chance to change my offensive scheme? I am everything other than a spread offense and it fucking blows that my players take a ratings hit for it.

Just make sure your position preferences are set and don't worry about what scheme it says you have.

CB3

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre
Early reports regarding online play for NBA 2K13 not encouraging. Going to be hard to justify MyTeam if online performance is still poor.

Sorry Smokey. You fell for it again.

I need you to post, mayne. Even if you arent going to be around or cant play that day, i atleast need a post earlier saying when you can play and talking it over with your opponent to try to work something out. Its not a ton to ask. Its a quick minute out of the day.

That goes for everyone

I was watching the Bama game Saturday night and then gone yesterday. I'll still get my game in a day before the advance. I've been good about getting my games in this season, this weekend was the exception, not the norm.

CB3

I was watching the Bama game Saturday night and then gone yesterday. I'll still get my game in a day before the advance. I've been good about getting my games in this season, this weekend was the exception, not the norm.

I still need a post. Its the respectful thing to do for the league and your opponent. It takes one quick minute to update people on whats up

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I don't think I'm gonna try to play my games during nfl games anymore. Just feels weird trying play with real games on in the background. I will try to be more available on fridays and saturdys though.

LukeSmith

Story my schedule is a real dick right now. What time is good for you in the evening and I will come home to play and then head back to the office.

Story my schedule is a real dick right now. What time is good for you in the evening and I will come home to play and then head back to the office.

Depends on what will work best for you. I can play around 6:30 EST before the wife gets home or I could go at 10:30 EST or later after she's gone to bed. Just let me know which one you'd prefer since you're a west coaster and working.

If you absolutely need to get it done in between either of those times, I'll make arrangements.

When that Facebook milf game is less polished than it should be I am blaming you, story.

:(

LukeSmith

Depends on what will work best for you. I can play around 6:30 EST before the wife gets home or I could go at 10:30 EST or later after she's gone to bed. Just let me know which one you'd prefer since you're a west coaster and working.

I choose the later option! Just lemme know as your day goes on how tired Mrs Storybook is or if she is going to need to go for a ride on your Neverending Story - as that might push your start time later

When that Facebook milf game is less polished than it should be I am blaming you, story.

I wrote this thing so that you can turn your iPhone on its side and then sort of finger both holes. The 51st Shade of Grey cumming to Facebook, iOS and Droid soon

I choose the later option! Just lemme know as your day goes on how tired Mrs Storybook is or if she is going to need to go for a ride on your Neverending Story - as that might push your start time later

The 10:30 time already compensates for that. :jnc

Highly doubtful though, she works 12 hour shifts and already wasn't feeling well this morning. Let's just go ahead and say 10:30 EST, that way I can work anything around that time. If anything changes on your end, just let me know.

Top Bottom