• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Smokey

Bob is good. He won year one..sorry I mean the only year of NCAA. Has won a league chip in madden before.

He just needs certain players whereas some of the other elite need just stock rosters to be in the running for a chip.

DCX

Please. Bob is a weasel and a fraud.

Trasher

I just don't have the horsepower. His 3rd DB is better than my #1 WR and the still overrated Bears D shut down my other options.

His corners handled CJ pretty damn well. I felt like I was playing FMT or CB's secondaries to be honest. Wasn't much separation at all. It also didn't help that it was raining and my guys didn't want to hang on to the ball.

Smokey

His corners handled CJ pretty damn well. I felt like I was playing FMT or CB's secondaries to be honest. Wasn't much separation at all. It also didn't help that it was raining and my guys didn't want to hang on to the ball.

What a coincidence. That's how he won the NCAA ship.

images

What do you mean CB? Are you telling me he has a powerhouse AI defense?! But he led me to believe he had a horrible D that was only competent because of him!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What do you mean CB? Are you telling me he has a powerhouse AI defense?! But he led me to believe he had a horrible D that was only competent because of him!

Ive always had a good defense regardless of what the real Eagles put on the field. You've stumbled into some other world shit this year.

Mrbob

Yesssssss, attempts to slam on me again backfire into an all out war.

I shouldn't give out my game plan but to help you out THRASHER I will let you know I was manually shadowing CJ with a second player all game long. He still had like 7 catches for 80+ yards. Even had a manual int with Urlacher when I jumped CJs route towards the ball. Have to get other players involved!

I have 3 manual ints in last two games. Crown my ass as best defensive manual player!

CB3

I shouldn't give out my game plan but to help you out THRASHER I will let you know I was manually shadowing CJ with a second player all game long. He still had like 7 catches for 80+ yards. Even had a manual int with Urlacher when I jumped CJs route towards the ball. Have to get other players involved!

I have 3 manual ints in last two games. Crown my ass as best defensive manual player!

I get 3 manual int's on a weekly basis. Go sit down

CB3

This is hilarious coming from someone with a 99 rated defense.

Fun fact: FMT has 1 starter on his defense rated in the 70's. I have 4.

More fun facts. According to Footballoutsiders.com the Eagles have the second ranked D. 9ers are #16.

Mrbob

Hahaha, I missed the Smokey salt above! I love his excuses for losing the NCAA title game to me. We had a regular season match up in perfect weather the following (unfinished) season and I still spanked dat ass. So much for sworn vengeance!

CB3

By the way. Frenchie's response to the Eagles having the #2 ranked D:

"You guys have played trash offenses. Browns Ravens Cards"

Uhhh.....

153115861_standard_1349032865_730.jpg

the 9ers have played the WORST offense.

Fun fact: FMT has 1 starter on his defense rated in the 70's. I have 4.

More fun facts. According to Footballoutsiders.com the Eagles have the second ranked D. 9ers are #16.

Lol you are a fucking idiot. The only D stat I care about is ppg. Niners #4, eagles #11. Niners also score more ppg on offense than the turnover machine that is the eagles

CB3

Lol you are a fucking idiot. The only D stat I care about is ppg. Niners #4, eagles #11. Niners also score more ppg on offense than the turnover machine that is the eagles

Keep blindly following the empty stats. Once your ready to stop listening to Jamie Dukes and Warren Sapp, you know where to find me.

Sokantish

Wow guys thanks to my AI getting a bunch of crazy ints against Cola I actually have a positive turnover difference. I'M THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Trasher

Oh I know. You honestly think you are the only one who does that against me? I see all sorts of different ways people try to handle CJ. I honestly throw to him on a second and third read most of the time mainly because of that. The problem with our game though was that the rain made my other receivers drop the ball pretty much every time. I didn't start throwing desperate throws to CJ until the second half when I was down a bunch of scores. I'm pretty sure in the first half I had thrown way more passes to my other WRs.

Was that Urlacher INT you are talking about the one where when the game paused to switch possession sides of the field, it showed the ball more in CJs hands, and then after the camera switched your guy somehow had the ball? That was classic Madden.

Sokantish

Oh I know. You honestly think you are the only one who does that against me? I see all sorts of different ways people try to handle CJ. I honestly throw to him on a second and third read most of the time mainly because of that. The problem with our game though was that the rain made my other receivers drop the ball pretty much every time. I didn't start throwing desperate throws to CJ until the second half when I was down a bunch of scores. I'm pretty sure in the first half I had thrown way more passes to my other WRs.

Was that Urlacher INT you are talking about the one where when the game paused to switch possession sides of the field, it showed the ball more in CJs hands, and then after the camera switched your guy somehow had the ball? That was classic Madden.

My strategy for handling CJ was to let him do whatever he wanted and trust my single AI that was covering him to stop him.

This is not a good strategy, so everyone make sure you don't try that one. I had to attempt it just to see if it would pay off, it most definitely did not!

Any estimate on when it advances, think I still need to practice.

I think they said they are playing at 10:30est. Does practice mean a community game?

Trasher

My strategy for handling CJ was to let him do whatever he wanted and trust my single AI that was covering him to stop him.

This is not a good strategy, so everyone make sure you don't try that one. I had to attempt it just to see if it would pay off, it most definitely did not!

I think they said they are playing at 10:30est. Does practice mean a community game?

I like that strategy. Leave it up to the Madden gods!

bluemax

Banned
Is there ever going to be a chance to change my offensive scheme? I am everything other than a spread offense and it fucking blows that my players take a ratings hit for it.

You aren't taking a ratings hit off it. Your players are rated based on the scheme you picked at the start unless you changed them on the strategy page.

The West Coast/Spread thing is a visual glitch that has no bearing on anything.

CB3

You aren't taking a ratings hit off it. Your players are rated based on the scheme you picked at the start unless you changed them on the strategy page.

Sorry. Just quoting it a few times so maybe everyone will get it this time

Trasher

The West Coast/Spread thing is a visual glitch that has no bearing on anything.

Wanna play our game tonight?

bluemax

Banned
Even if you change your player type preference it doesn't make a player worse. It simply changes which ratings have the most weight when computing OVR.

It's weird that some of you don't like this system because for people who keyed in on specific attributes instead of OVR this system actually makes OVR kind of useful to you again.

Edit Trasher I'm good to go tonight.

Colasante

I really wish I could just act as GM for my team and pay some kid in China to play the games for me. The Cardinals might actually win a game that way.

Top Bottom