• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Smokey

Whoever did it needs their commish authority revoked for rest of the season. Directly impacting both teams in a playoff hunt, opening up players for injury due to sim, waste of pre game resources, and was not even the same day as the advance deadline.

So CB and FMT, fuckboy duo, who did it

BigAT

Commishes have been mysteriously quiet regarding that stunt that was pulled last night. Pheeniks denied it so between CB and FMT who put me on Auto at the request of Bob, without a PM, cost me 35 hrs of game prep, and a full day before the deadline.

At first I thought this meant real world hours and I was like damn, Wellie's preparation ain't got shit on you.

Ferny

Whoever did it needs their commish authority revoked for rest of the season. Directly impacting both teams in a playoff hunt, opening up players for injury due to sim, waste of pre game resources, and was not even the same day as the advance deadline.

DAYUM lol

I think AT and Soka should be commishes next season. I think they are very good authority leaders.

Wtf? This had nothing to do with bob. Bowser said you guys scheduled for Sunday and you didn't show. Then you didn't respond to pms or say anything in the thread. Forgive us if we had doubts that dboythagr8 would actually show up to play or not.

I set you to AP and I'd do it again in the same circumstance or if they were reversed. Communication is key

eznark

Banned

Phee

Smokey

Wtf? This had nothing to do with bob. Bowser said you guys scheduled for Sunday and you didn't show. Then you didn't respond to pms or say anything in the thread. Forgive us if we had doubts that dboythagr8 would actually show up to play or not.

I set you to AP and I'd do it again in the same circumstance or if they were reversed. Communication is key

Communication is key yet our dear leader didn't communicate to me via PM, AIM, FB, or other methods to let me know it was happening a FULL DAY BEFORE THE ADVANCE

fuck off

all I know is that 35 hours of game prep is the difference between winning and losing

uh when those activities effect shitty confidence because EA reasons it sure can

But I wouldn't expect you to know that at 2-9 as you're looking up at my ass

Smokey before you go off the rails I'm going to just sort it out here:

-I do think we put you on AP prematurely. Should have given it a few more hours especially since Bowser said "Sometime tonight" and "I can play before work tomorrow"
-As far as I know you guys tried your game on Sunday
-Bowser posted on Tuesday morning that you "hath forsaken him" whatever the fuck that means
-You posted right after he said yesterday "quit ducking me" so it sure looks like when Bowser posted later that night that he'd been trying to get to you with no response, he seemed right, especially if you had been posting that afternoon and didn't reply to his PM or his forum post
-The advance is Wednesday afternoon at 12:30 (Which by the way, can we stop doing after a weekend advance? how many people here actually can play before the evening?) so you gotta understand that if we see someone who has posted all day looking for you, and near the end of the night says he's been looking for you and we don't see you around, we assume you aren't showing up. Because if you aren't playing that evening, it gets simmed since people generally can't do daytime gaming (But here bowser said he could do it 'before work). And I can't speak for the others but if I wasn't locked into 2k, I also would have gone to put you on AP had you not shown up by 11:30 CT or so, since I know that is usually about when you stop playing.

-Also there is a huge fucking irony in Bob pulling a witch hunt trying to get it advanced early.

Actually I lied. I wouldn't have left 2k to go advance! Balls deep in the rec center!

Ferny

Why not make the advance time set every advance instead of some weird ass number at which people who actually work can't make? 12:30...? What kind of West Coast fuckary is that? Make it like 8PM every advance and also FUCK BOB

Greg

uh when those activities effect shitty confidence because EA reasons it sure can

over half my team is at 0, and the only one above 50 my kicker... but I know nothing about the impact of confidence!

don't take it out on me just because you can't buy a better team in this mode!

Mrbob

Yeah I made some mistakes in game prep the first couple seasons and I learned my lesson for this season. At least I'll be better equipped for Madden 16 when I have to completely blow up my defense again to start over.

Communication is key yet our dear leader didn't communicate to me via PM, AIM, FB, or other methods to let me know it was happening a FULL DAY BEFORE THE ADVANCE

fuck off

It wasn't a full day, it was less than 24 hours. Show up when you tell your opponent you will or let him know directly that you have to reschedule. Lesson learned breh

Smokey

Smokey before you go off the rails I'm going to just sort it out here:

-I do think we put you on AP prematurely. Should have given it a few more hours especially since Bowser said "Sometime tonight" and "I can play before work tomorrow"
-As far as I know you guys tried your game on Sunday
-Bowser posted on Tuesday morning that you "hath forsaken him" whatever the fuck that means
-You posted right after he said yesterday "quit ducking me" so it sure looks like when Bowser posted later that night that he'd been trying to get to you with no response, he seemed right, especially if you had been posting that afternoon and didn't reply to his PM or his forum post
-The advance is Wednesday afternoon at 12:30 (Which by the way, can we stop doing after a weekend advance? how many people here actually can play before the evening?) so you gotta understand that if we see someone who has posted all day looking for you, and near the end of the night says he's been looking for you and we don't see you around, we assume you aren't showing up. Because if you aren't playing that evening, it gets simmed since people generally can't do daytime gaming (But here bowser said he could do it 'before work). And I can't speak for the others but if I wasn't locked into 2k, I also would have gone to put you on AP had you not shown up by 11:30 CT or so, since I know that is usually about when you stop playing.

-Also there is a huge fucking irony in Bob pulling a witch hunt trying to get it advanced early.

Actually I lied. I wouldn't have left 2k to go advance! Balls deep in the rec center!

Thank you friend for your reasonable explanation.

However if you notice my post around that time was in reference to me cutting Ferny (that means to stab). I did not post again until yesterday night.

My irritation comes from your colleague FMT prematurely advancing the week without any kind of warning a day before the deadline. The AFC South is in a contested battle for a playoff spot so his actions are actually detrimental to the situation.

So I hope you understand my view and can relay to your colleague that he can kindly go fuck himself with a pencil

It wasn't a full day, it was less than 24 hours. Show up when you tell your opponent you will or let him know directly that you have to reschedule. Lesson learned breh

Fuck off

eznark

Banned

However if you notice my post around that time was in reference to me cutting Ferny (that means to stab). I did not post again until yesterday night.

My irritation comes from your colleague FMT prematurely advancing the week without any kind of warning a day before the deadline. The AFC South is in a contest battle for a playoff spot so his actions are actually detrimental to the situation.

So I hope you understand my view and can relay to your colleague that he can kindly go fuck himself with a pencil

Fuck off

VJnCO.gif

DJ Bowser

He did tell me that he had to reschedule- it was just after that night I didn't hear from him until he messaged me while I was playing the CPU... and I was messaging him enough I felt like a clingy ex-GF.

Didn't mean for this sort of shit show, obviously... I just didn't want to end up leaving the game in the hands of a sim- which even though we finished a game, it appears that it will.

Why not make the advance time set every advance instead of some weird ass number at which people who actually work can't make? 12:30...? What kind of West Coast fuckary is that? Make it like 8PM every advance and also FUCK BOB

I agree with everything in this post! +1000!

Yeah I made some mistakes in game prep the first couple seasons and I learned my lesson for this season. At least I'll be better equipped for Madden 16 when I have to completely blow up my defense again to start over.

Except Madden is going to likely create a "Revamped player progression!" Where we will once again spend 2 seasons figuring out how to break the game.

My irritation comes from your colleague FMT prematurely advancing the week without any kind of warning a day before the deadline. The AFC South is in a contest battle for a playoff spot so his actions are actually detrimental to the situation.

Fuck off
I can understand why it's irritating especially since it really wasn't the end of the night for you and all your team likely spent its points on was Doolittle's confidence. But as FMT said, it really wasn't 24 hours before and the clock was ticking on whether or not you showed up. And quite frankly all signs pointed to no, I think you'd admit that. So as I said earlier we AP'd you too soon for sure but you gotta understand why it seemed to us you wouldn't show up.

So lesson learned for us all!

Also, please get the hell back into 2k tonight!

Mrbob

I'm going to throw something out there that will blow everyone's mind. Why don't Bowser and Smokey plan right now on a rematch time tonight and I'm sure the commish army will be lenient and withhold advance until they can play.

Incentive to not wait until the last minute to play. 72 hours is simple math! If I said 8 pm pst on advance day you may get LESS than 72 hours! Who knows!

If smokey/Bowser can play tonight I will delay vance due to the game not recording but seeing as how Bowser already won the game idk

I like how you and phee are bitching the most about this, considering a drug dealer and a drug addict probably have the most free time on a weekday afternoon.

Somnia

I may not play anymore, but just to chime in...

A deadline is set for a reason, people may not like waiting till the last minute, but RL crap does come up and forces us to have to wait. Smokey told Bowser he had to reschedule per Bowser's earlier post. I get it only takes a minute to reply to a PM from Bowser, etc. but honestly I've had days at work where I get home and just straight up ignore anything to do with the internet and not even know I got a PM.

I know a lot of people are in a rush for an advance, but the deadline exists for a reason. If you decide to just advance or put someone on AP prior to the deadline then why even have one? Also a 12:30PM advance is pretty insane, it should be 8-9PM every time, this entire thing could have been avoided if the next days advance was in the evening so you wouldn't feel rushed to AP Smokey cause the advance is mid day (also could have been avoided if Smokey just sent a polite PM to Bowser that he was really busy IRL and would reach out to him as soon as he can to schedule a match, to look at it both ways).

DJ Bowser

I can play again (starting) any time between now and 2:45pm EST at the latest.

I can also play after I get off work which will likely be 11pmEST.

DJ Bowser

I'll send the invite in a second.

Do you know why the last game didn't save? Were you still on AP or something?

I just want to make sure this one registers.

So they got the game in last night and being aped is that big a deal because of prep time? Pfft, smokey just distracting us to the fact he lost so it's not bowser vs CPU right now.

DJ Bowser

So they got the game in last night and being aped is that big a deal because of prep time? Pfft, smokey just distracting us to the fact he lost so it's not bowser vs CPU right now.

I fear he will have been up all night implementing a scheme to render my passing completely ineffective :(

Mrbob

Agreed, especially since he ignored Bowser for over two days. Smokey trying to make people think he mad but he is just playing the game.

TheCrow

They added pets. I can't fix my pc fast enough. Eventually I will replace the part that is broken or just have enough parts to make a complete new one.

brentech

dem jugg nerfs.

always like to recycle items, even if I haven't acquired any since TI4 it seems outside of asian compendium stuff.

Top Bottom