• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Week 14

Next vance: Saturday @ 4:30 pst

Games:

Dolphins @ Patriots
Bucs @ Falcons
Bills @ Steelers
Cowboys @ Ravens
Titans @ Texans
Saints @ Packers
Browns @ Giants
Bears @ Redskins
Cards @ 49ers
Chargers @ Panthers
Lions @ Colts
Jags @ Chiefs
Jets @ Bengals
Raiders @ Broncos
Rams @ Seahawks
Vikings @ Eagles

NFC OPOTW: T. Alford (Cowboys) - 17/24, 305 yards, 5 TD
NFC DPOTW: A. Ogletree (Rams) - 3 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int, 1 tD

AFC OPOTW: TY Hilton (Colts) - 8 rec, 134 yards, 3 TD
AFC DPOTW: T. Ivory (Texans) - 4 tackles, 2 INT, 1 TD, 0 game prep hours used

There!

ez you already played this week's game. DJ is you next opponent so these sad sacks don't need an extension!

said you were disconnected this time

you try inviting me maybe

Yeah it froze on the loading screen and I had to close the app. It's been doing that a lot lately on my end and it's never done that before I re-installed Madden. But my internet is also shit so I have no fucking idea. It worked fine for a kick-off and two plays and then just went to shit.

brentech

What's the game of the week?

Where is our weekly highlights, featuring actual football play 'come on mans' instead of this new wave shit that has nothing to do with the game.

brentech

We're mourning smokey's prep hours.

IaEYjeN.gif

to be clear:

**MANUAL CATCHING IN ONE ON ONE DEEP FLY PATTERNS IS STILL OK**

no change from our 3 week experiment. it seems that most people i have asked in the league are in favor of keeping this. if you have issues let me know so we can discuss but at this time, the manual catching that we had will continue.... for the betterment of the league!

lol you really gonna run the clock the whole fucking game? I know you weren't calling hot routes or audibles because you were straight scrambling with the qb every fucking play.

Greg

7 minutes to go and I'm down 8 - you think I'm going to score in 3 minutes and let you kick an easy FG for the win?

I played the drive for the tie while giving you no time, and it worked. Not my fault you tried to be a hero in the last 30 seconds I left you!

Sanjuro

I'm fine. Those games just kind of suck though. Especially when offensively and defensively the CPU decides that they don't want my catching balls either offensively or defensively, and my 20 QBs are all cold and no confidence.

with regards to running the clock it is tough to really put a rule on it. i rarely take more than 5-10 seconds to pick a play (and the clock runs down to 20 after that). but there have been a few times where i legitimately am looking for the right play to run in the circumstance and it takes a bunch of the clock

what i will say is just have some respect for your opponent. if you are legitimately trying to plan and scheme what play you're going to call and it takes you 20-30 seconds then so be it. but if you are just running the clock to run the clock that is kind of bush league. if we were playing 15 minute quarters then thats fine but it's just so frustrating where a couple things (maybe even out of your control!) went against you early putting you in a 14-0 hole and now your opponent is just milking the fuck out of the clock.

treat your opponent as you would want to be treated!

DJ Bowser

That happened to me once last season. I only got 2 drives in each half and it was incredibly frustrating after dropping down 10-0 to not even see the ball or have a chance to really tie the game.

Top Bottom