• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

That happened to me once last season. I only got 2 drives in each half and it was incredibly frustrating after dropping down 10-0 to not even see the ball or have a chance to really tie the game.

its hard to pinpoint though. i remember in my first game against LJ we both literally had the ball twice in the first half because we had 10+ play drives on each of our possessions. no one was milking the clock and it just kind of happened that way. you know if you are purposely milking clock vs. a good time consuming drive where you are consistently moving the chains

Sanjuro

its hard to pinpoint though. i remember in my first game against LJ we both literally had the ball twice in the first half because we had 10+ play drives on each of our possessions. no one was milking the clock and it just kind of happened that way. you know if you are purposely milking clock vs. a good time consuming drive where you are consistently moving the chains

I've had numerous opening drives without milking last the entire duration of the first.

LJ11

Maybe? Tomorrow is my last day at work and they're having a going away happy hour for me. I don't know what condition I'll be in when I get home. Friday night may be a better bet if you're around.

Sure, I'm off tomorrow and Friday, so I'll be around to play.

BigAT

Thank god we managed to get rid of our dead weight early in the game. #anchor

dvGn5CB.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Thank god we managed to get rid of our dead weight early in the game. #anchor

I think we all played really well that game. There was some real hyper focus on every item selection and move that we made. Felt really good to win that one.

i would say GG but that was trash JP. i don't often have sour grapes on a game, i don't care that much, but some of this shit you do is out of shark waters. the canceling out of every PA pass, the nano shit, i'm done with it. it honestly reminds me of playing the chiefs dude from last year (cant remember his name). it all reeks of the madden school shit and i've seen enough vids to know what i'm seeing repeatedly.

not booting you myself since i'm not the only commish in this league but i have 0 interest in playing you again

i would say GG but that was trash JP. i don't often have sour grapes on a game, i don't care that much, but some of this shit you do is out of shark waters. the canceling out of every PA pass, the nano shit, i'm done with it. it honestly reminds me of playing the chiefs dude from last year (cant remember his name). it all reeks of the madden school shit and i've seen enough vids to know what i'm seeing repeatedly.

not booting you myself since i'm not the only commish in this league but i have 0 interest in playing you again

Im not allowed to cancel out of PA? If you dont do that its an Insta sack if someone qb contains. I do it every play, so what.

Also I can't audible a man who is in zone to blitz? Plus if you notice my blitzes that get pressure I'm sending 6 guys. You were eating up in the first half with your passes to the flat.

Plus you guys were talking about rolling out. So should I just stay in the pocket and let my shit oline break protection.

brentech

Eh. Guess it's not happening tonight regardless.

EA won't let me log in. keeps saying I need logged into SEN account, but I am and everything one psn works fine for me right now.

DJ Bowser

The sprint button.

After the snap, I assume?

And PSN is undergoing maintenance so that might be what's causing the issues. Booted my PS4 after work and that's what it told me.

Also, rather than canceling play action, which seems to be exploitative against the AI, don't call PA passes on downs where your opponent knows you're obviously passing. I've taken to doing that.

After the snap, I assume?

And PSN is undergoing maintenance so that might be what's causing the issues. Booted my PS4 after work and that's what it told me.

Also, rather than canceling play action, which seems to be exploitative against the AI, don't call PA passes on downs where your opponent knows you're obviously passing. I've taken to doing that.
What if I just block the rb or send him on a route?

BigAT

M0bcM2g.gif

brentech

What does cancelling the play action do? If you cancel if every time why even bother picking play action?
Much like a real PA, some lineman / dbs will look to stop the run, providing a lot more time for the QB...and the passing icons still pop up as fast as a normal pass.
So you have none of the risk of a PA, with all the reward.

Sanjuro

No it works well when you cancel out of a PA run also.

what in the what are you asking?

CB was doing it against me. It was the first time I've seen it and wasn't going to say anything until I saw it mentioned along the lines of what Johnny Park was doing.

It just felt odd.

PETE!

You never answered my question.

Did anyone tell you we try to be a sim league?
Well, tell madden to fix their fucking game.

Make it a rule that you can't cancel out of PA. If you do that though you might as well never call a PA in this game because it you will get sacked if people qb contain.

Unless you make a rule where you can't qb contain too.

How about we just push hike and let the cpu do everything, doesn't that sound super fun?

brentech

Well, tell madden to fix their fucking game
If only we had that control.

Instead, we're left telling people, we don't know everything that is broken, but play your opponent legit and if it's an obvious broken system, which you just acknowledged, then don't do it.

I've run plenty of PA and had mixed success. People shouldn't be running the same plays every down on offense or defense anyways. As that is a league rule.

I guess we know what we're dealing with now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
CB was doing it against me. It was the first time I've seen it and wasn't going to say anything until I saw it mentioned along the lines of what Johnny Park was doing.

It just felt odd.

Two posts and no one bit on your joke. Maybe try a 3rd!

Sanjuro

CB ran that maybe 3-4 times vs. JP's 7-8.

Two posts and no one bit on your joke. Maybe try a 3rd!

What joke? I'm not shitting on you. You did a PA play and immediately ran out of the pocket with the QB. Wouldn't that be canceling it?

If only we had that control.

Instead, we're left telling people, we don't know everything that is broken, but play your opponent legit and if it's an obvious broken system, which you just acknowledged, then don't do it.

I've run plenty of PA and had mixed success. People shouldn't be running the same plays every down on offense or defense anyways. As that is a league rule.

I guess we know what we're dealing with now.
I don't run the same plays on offense (maybe twice a game) besides some running plays. There's ton of PA plays that you can choose from.

Ferny

This season it seems like it's more crap going on in games than usual. I miss the old crew :(

A lot of acrimony 'round here lately. I blame a lack of fam values.
I don't see much bitterness going on. More of a respect thing. A lot of us in this league have been playing together for 3, 4, 5 years. With that comes a bit of respecting their time and not creating a shitty ass experience while playing one another. I'm sure guys like LJ and Rors and them could put up triple digits on everyone but at the same time, we don't take the game ultra serious like that (well except for Wells). I've had more frustrating games against newer people in the league more so than any other year before.

brentech

CB ran that maybe 3-4 times vs. JP's 7-8.

What joke? I'm not shitting on you. You did a PA play and immediately ran out of the pocket with the QB. Wouldn't that be canceling it?
Could it be, sure, but is running from a PA a PA cancel, not at all.

PA cancel almost stops the fake hand off to allow the QB to turn around as soon as possible. What you're describing is Cb just going through a PA motion and turning it into a bootleg play action which doesn't have the same effect at all.

The whole point of PA cancel isn't to run with the QB, but to just hit the sprint button (not to sprint) to get your QB turned around to get the receiver icons showing up as soon as possible.

***I think your assuming that because it is using the sprint button, it has to do with sprinting. Just act like the button is r3 or some shit. Cause the problem has nothing to do with running.***

Top Bottom