• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Sanjuro

Could it be, sure, but is running from a PA a PA cancel, not at all.

PA cancel almost stops the fake hand off to allow the QB to turn around as soon as possible. What you're describing is Cb just going through a PA motion and turning it into a bootleg play action which doesn't have the same effect at all.

The whole point of PA cancel isn't to run with the QB, but to just hit the sprint button (not to sprint) to get your QB turned around the the receiver icons showing up as soon as possible.
I think your assuming that because it is using the sprint button, it has to do with sprinting. Just act like the button is r3 or some shit. Cause the problem has nothing to do with running.

CB is the first person I've seen do it to me, that is the only reason I bring it up. I didn't know it was a thing until post-FMT game. Same thing when the punt thing came up.

I just didn't know how broke this game actually is.

DCX

DCX
CB is the first person I've seen do it to me, that is the only reason I bring it up. I didn't know it was a thing until post-FMT game. Same thing when the punt thing came up.

Ijust didn't know how broke this game actually is
rolls up 100 points on the computer lol

DCX

brentech

I honestly don't recall CB doing it a single time.
Maybe I missed it, but I only noticed him running from a play action.....which is not a PA cancel.

I think you're misunderstanding the whole thing, or trolling me.
Washing my hands of this convo.

M0bcM2g.gif

nUYelmz.gif

Sanjuro

Maybe I missed it, but I only noticed him running from a play action.....which is not a PA cancel.

Jesus fuck. How is that remotely trolling? This is the second time you've done this in recent memory.

Are you the troll?!

Greg

I hope the Jags go undefeated for the rest of the season
you would've been proud of me today, Soka

had a 7-minute TD drive and 2-point conversion to tie the game with 30 seconds to go

interception at midfield with 7 seconds left

20-yard pass to get in FG range with 2 seconds on the clock

:')

DJ Bowser

GG Cali. That pick six felt like some warping bullshit, but you were better for most of the game. Biggest difference was your ability to convert third downs and my repeatedly coming up a yard or less short. That one I challenged though was a terrible spot.

Game is trash. This one stings. Will take a miracle to see the playoffs now.

LegoDad

GG Cali. That pick six felt like some warping bullshit, but you were better for most of the game. Biggest difference was your ability to convert third downs and my repeatedly coming up a yard or less short. That one I challenged though was a terrible spot.

Game is trash. This one stings. Will take a miracle to see the playoffs now.

GG. If my players would stop dropping balls, ugh. Your TE was catching some crazy traffic balls. Besides that TO, I couldn't do much.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

I didnt. The PA read option fakes are just very quick.

I used to think sanjo was trolling. Now i just assume he is wasted at any given time. I mean, look at this video he made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scczP4z9xr4&list=FL8Rw1fnKll052L0-ENPyPHw&index=1

DJ Bowser

GG. If my players would stop dropping balls, ugh. Your TE was catching some crazy traffic balls. Besides that TO, I couldn't do much.

His CIT is very high- I've spent all season developing him. There were a lot of things in the game that kept frustrating me- the aforementioned coming up a half yard short repeatedly and your ability to beat whatever zone I was running and my blitzes never getting to you...

But some of Ben's errant throws for you were just terrible. They helped keep me in the game.

LegoDad

His CIT is very high- I've spent all season developing him. There were a lot of things in the game that kept frustrating me- the aforementioned coming up a half yard short repeatedly and your ability to beat whatever zone I was running and my blitzes never getting to you...

But some of Ben's errant throws for you were just terrible. They helped keep me in the game.

I subbed Ben out after the first two, and used Tyler Bray again lol. He misses wide open players, can't wait for Stafford to maybe play a game.

DJ Bowser

I wish I had gone for the FG rather than for the 4th down conversion late. I was planning to see if I liked the look, then most likely taking a delay of game then kicking. Then I was an idiot. Though your next drive would have likely gone differently if I were down 8 instead of 11.

Well, tell madden to fix their fucking game.

Make it a rule that you can't cancel out of PA. If you do that though you might as well never call a PA in this game because it you will get sacked if people qb contain.

Unless you make a rule where you can't qb contain too.

How about we just push hike and let the cpu do everything, doesn't that sound super fun?

qetxSYB.jpg

JP getting called out on his Madden play? I'm shook

Also sorry Q, I went all sleepy around 8 and forgot to message you. I'll be home for most of the day, I have class at 6-8ish. After that I should be able to play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll tell you guys up front, I've played CB probably more than anyone else in Madden since we started running these leagues and he has never done anything I thought was cheating. You guys are barking up the wrong tree there.

Sorry Brent. I literally posted that then got home and went straight to sleep. Fighting off a cold and knew I had to be at work before 7 AM today. I totally blanked out and forgot to update you.

I should be home around 9-9:30 Eastern tonight to play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
with regards to running the clock it is tough to really put a rule on it. i rarely take more than 5-10 seconds to pick a play (and the clock runs down to 20 after that). but there have been a few times where i legitimately am looking for the right play to run in the circumstance and it takes a bunch of the clock

what i will say is just have some respect for your opponent. if you are legitimately trying to plan and scheme what play you're going to call and it takes you 20-30 seconds then so be it. but if you are just running the clock to run the clock that is kind of bush league. if we were playing 15 minute quarters then thats fine but it's just so frustrating where a couple things (maybe even out of your control!) went against you early putting you in a 14-0 hole and now your opponent is just milking the fuck out of the clock.

treat your opponent as you would want to be treated!

That happened to me once last season. I only got 2 drives in each half and it was incredibly frustrating after dropping down 10-0 to not even see the ball or have a chance to really tie the game.

its hard to pinpoint though. i remember in my first game against LJ we both literally had the ball twice in the first half because we had 10+ play drives on each of our possessions. no one was milking the clock and it just kind of happened that way. you know if you are purposely milking clock vs. a good time consuming drive where you are consistently moving the chains

You ran the clock under 10 seconds every fucking play the whole game.

Man up and stop my drive. It's a strategy to build a strong defense, run the ball, and stop the run. It forces mistakes by your opponents since they can't gain on the ground and will also feel as if they need to make something happen in a hurry. I am guilty of getting to the line and making a lot of adjustments, but it's not an attempt to kill clock. I want to pad my stats too.

As far as the PA thing goes, I commented on it before:

DCX alerted me to this weird defender glitch when you cancel out of a PA, finally saw it first hand. The player would always go to the same area of the field so I kept putting cloud zones into the spots but even though guys were supposed to be there it was still beating me. I wish he never told me, it mentally took me out of the game.

In hindsight, I think I could have done more to stop it but the moment you even think someone is cheating or beatsit takes you right out of the game, and that's what happened to me in the other league. I just gave up and went through the motions.I didn't get to see the game last night but that could have been a factor.

In terms of the "kill clock" and all that junk, if people seem to be having some issues with others constantly fiddling with hot routes and audibles, maybe a fair solution would be to pump the acceleration down to 25/30 seconds?

That's if the issue becomes prevalent enough to warrant action of course.

I'm really disappointed we have to play with people who have to resort to game breaking bullshit simply because "Well doing this will yield the best result"

Nobody is asking you to simply hike and let the CPU do its thing. It's called pick a play, make adjustments if you must, hot route, but don't pull shit that literally breaks logic. And your retort is to tell madden to fix their game? How about you throw the ball away or get sacked like the rest of us because you know, that's what actually happens?!

I have to admit I barely paid attention when I was playing JP, I noticed he ran a ton of PA plays, but honestly I've played several games with people who seemingly have at maximum 8-10 plays in their play book. It used to bother me but I really don't give a fuck anymore.

I feel like I would like to play a chess match of football. I'm not saying to pick a different play on every play but it seems like no matter what defense people trot out some of yall don't give a fuck. I've never seen mesh and PA crossing routes run more in my life. Sure those plays actually exist and defenses have a way to stop it and if a defense keeps picking a wrong coverage that's on them. At the same time learn some new plays and concepts instead of trotting out the same fucking easy throw plays.

Then again I am like 1-11 so maybe I should, as smokey says, "bring out the shark waters"
don't even know how
In terms of the "kill clock" and all that junk, if people seem to be having some issues with others constantly fiddling with hot routes and audibles, maybe a fair solution would be to pump the acceleration down to 25/30 seconds?

That's if the issue becomes prevalent enough to warrant action of course.
I'm all for this. I was telling Fmt yesterday that I understand both sides frustration. We don't want to feel like we have 4 possessions total but as wellies said, stop me. I don't want offenses to feel rushed just because. Some folks like to take time to read coverage and think. But I understand why it's deeply annoying because even a clock killing ream rarely kills clock to this proportion. At the same time clock killing is a legit strategy against a superior offense

So I like your idea

Smokey

if you are doing PA cancel immediately after hiking the ball....you know what you're doing. It's glitchy.

If you are doing it because someone is legit barreling down on you from a blitz that's different.

I guess there's too much grey area there though

And yeah...the amount of crossing plays is ridiculous and it's easy to see when they are coming.

Unfortunately Madden doesn't always do what you want it to do and you can only control one guy

eznark

Banned
We're getting that that fun point in the Madden Year when I pare the number of people I am willing to play down to like 10. These new guys can all fuck off.

Unfortunately Madden doesn't always do what you want it to do and you can only control one guy

This is what I was going to post about next!

It's so frustrating when offenses know what they want to do and they call out their play and start doing hot routes right away. As they're doing hot routes I'm still processing what formation they've trotted out and where I'm going to start my defensive adjustments. By the time I'm able to get to my second defender the play is often hiked already and I'm wondering who I'm controlling (Which often makes me look like an asshole cause my guy will have been on a blitzer and it looks like I'm doing manual cheese!) and wasn't able to adjust anymore.

I wish I could tell my defensive backs to be aware of a certain route, and like "run left/mid/right, pass" you sort of take a gamble. If you're wrong your DB will get burned but if you're right he should be able to jump routes. There's a lot of times where I see what's coming and I get burned by it anyways because I'm a shitty manual defender on the sticks and it really pisses me off.

This is what I was going to post about next!

It's so frustrating when offenses know what they want to do and they call out their play and start doing hot routes right away. As they're doing hot routes I'm still processing what formation they've trotted out and where I'm going to start my defensive adjustments. By the time I'm able to get to my second defender the play is often hiked already and I'm wondering who I'm controlling (Which often makes me look like an asshole cause my guy will have been on a blitzer and it looks like I'm doing manual cheese!) and wasn't able to adjust anymore

I wish I could tell my defensive backs to be aware of a certain route, and like "run left/mid/right, pass" you sort of take a gamble. If you're wrong your DB will get burned but if you're right he should be able to jump routes. There's a lot of times where I see what's coming and I get burned by it anyways because I'm a shitty manual defender on the sticks and it really pisses me off.

You can tell your D-backs to jump the inside, outside, underneath of passing plays, along with "guessing" plays if it's going to be a run left, right, middle or a pass. But the guessing plays are full commits, so don't use them unless you know what's coming.

You can tell your D-backs to jump the inside, outside, underneath of passing plays, along with "guessing" plays if it's going to be a run left, right, middle or a pass. But the guessing plays are full commits, so don't use them unless you know what's coming.

I do do those things. And most of the time I'm not sure it changed anything

And I pretty much never guess run unless I am 100% certain because as you said it's full commit

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah, sorry. No, power stayed on but internet was out all night. I was in bed by 11. It was weird. I have so much energy today. I woke up at five and ran then did TRX.

Turns out sleeping is probably good for you...also not drinking whiskey til 3 am.

BigAT

Oh yeah, sorry. No, power stayed on but internet was out all night. I was in bed by 11. It was weird. I have so much energy today. I woke up at five and ran then did TRX.

Turns out sleeping is probably good for you...also not drinking whiskey til 3 am.

You gave up first blood and then disconnected.

We won.

Mrbob

With all the crossing and mesh routes run it is pretty safe to tell your dbs to play the inside. Or underneath. The hardest thing to defend are those dual routes because you have to rely on the AI to cover one side of the field. But this is a reason why I've focused pretty hard on upgrading my dline. Get pressure and those routes are tough to develop. Since many don't like to take a sack the ball gets forced into coverage and many times it is an int.

Of course this doesn't work as nicely against speed qbs who can unrealistically burst away from trouble. But I've accepted the on field aspect is pretty much garbage anyway.

hey friend.

I can play anytime tonight after 6pm EST. Maybe earlier. We'll see if I take a nap after work. I'm beat... and hungover.

I won't be free until around 9 central. We can play then.

With all the crossing and mesh routes run it is pretty safe to tell your dbs to play the inside. Or underneath. The hardest thing to defend are those dual routes because you have to rely on the AI to cover one side of the field. But this is a reason why I've focused pretty hard on upgrading my dline. Get pressure and those routes are tough to develop. Since many don't like to take a sack the ball gets forced into coverage and many times it is an int.

I do that stuff, doesn't help. But I probably should upgrade my D-Line. Cameron Wake is dying in Miami :(

Top Bottom