• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

67b.jpg

Since we're apparently on the subject, sorry I ran comeback routes against you all game last week, Sickboy! You kept playing cover 3 so that route was open all day. Hope you don't think I'm a douche!
I'm kind of a douche

rinse82

Since we're apparently on the subject, sorry I ran comeback routes against you all game last week, Sickboy! You kept playing cover 3 so that route was open all day. Hope you don't think I'm a douche!
I'm kind of a douche

Hey you gotta take what the defense gives you - not your fault he didn't adjust.

I'm kind of a douche

There is a keen difference between exploiting Madden and exploiting someones lack of adjustment with legit routes.

Smokey

I don't even think telling your DBs to play a certain way even works. I do it all the time because reasons but I think its placebo

deep zones aren't influenced by it at all though... some extra control there would be nice

Well, safeties are kinda limited in what they do when it comes to being active on a play.

I think deep zones, which are usually safeties, are determined mostly by the stats and not the nature of the play (unless of course you're calling bluffs on coverage and stuff which will cause movement in the deepfield, like CB going into the blue zone coverage on a cover 3 bluff or something.)

Whaaaaaaaaa

How is that game now?

There's like only one "superserver" left, I guess. Queues for dungeons are fairly quick. It's definitely not as populated as WoW. I got an email for 7 free days of Wildstar so I figured why not. But it's funny, because after playing WoW for a few months, then going back to Wildstar, the combat and dungeon encounters are just so much more enjoyable. It's a bummer that they're struggling so much. I think they'll find so much more life if they implement a FTP model like SWTOR did.

Ferny

There's like only one "superserver" left, I guess. Queues for dungeons are fairly quick. It's definitely not as populated as WoW. I got an email for 7 free days of Wildstar so I figured why not. But it's funny, because after playing WoW for a few months, then going back to Wildstar, the combat and dungeon encounters are just so much more enjoyable. It's a bummer that they're struggling so much. I think they'll find so much more life if they implement a FTP model like SWTOR did.

I loved the combat system and dungeons of WS. So much better than what any other MMO has I think.

eznark

Banned
Wish I had gotten more into that game. Wish you guys have put a governor on your play so you didn't burn out so fast and leave me in the dust!

Just did some pa cancel testing. Disgusting

It's trash. The excuse of "well qb contain etc" or whatever else doesn't cut it for me. When you are cancelling out of PA immediately, regardless of pressure, it's ridiculous.

Maybe this cancel PA and whatever other garbage is needed in MUT games or other leagues, I don't know. We try to keep it sim and sometimes things change as we go but I've always felt when we have someone who walks that line of being a sharkwaters/madden school guy this isn't the league for you.

Super serious. They added this dungeon that's basically 6 random minigames, and one of them is football. You basically gotta beat up on the boss so he'll fumble the ball. Also, the ball is an intern guy. Anyway, then you can pick up the intern and pass him around to get a touchdown. And if the boss gets to the endzone before you make him fumble, he gets a damage buff or some shit.

Smokey

It's trash. The excuse of "well qb contain etc" or whatever else doesn't cut it for me. When you are cancelling out of PA immediately, regardless of pressure, it's ridiculous.

Maybe this cancel PA and whatever other garbage is needed in MUT games or other leagues, I don't know. We try to keep it sim and sometimes things change as we go but I've always felt when we have someone who walks that line of being a sharkwaters/madden school guy this isn't the league for you.

must of been rough

I've never seen you this mad from Madden

Ferny

Make the decision then boss. Don't hide behind this "there are two other commish" crap. CB doesn't even care about Madden unless they change the name to Dota.

DJ Bowser

I'm definitely one of the people that uses a lot of drags and crosses.

While I do have a few favorite plays, I pick a lot of different ones but generally will hot route someone I otherwise wouldn't be looking at in the play to a drag or slant. It's been my safety valve to try and throw less picks to have a guy on a safe route that I can dump it off too.

Sometimes I probably play it overly safe and dump it off to those routes too often.

eznark

Banned
I stopped with the drags and meshes because it got so boring. I've been trying to work more on outside routes, which Madden punishes the fuck out of (especially with a 59 ovr QB) but at least it's entertaining.

Smokey

...he did honor it though

Not at first

I'm definitely one of the people that uses a lot of drags and crosses.

While I do have a few favorite plays, I pick a lot of different ones but generally will hot route someone I otherwise wouldn't be looking at in the play to a drag or slant. It's been my safety valve to try and throw less picks to have a guy on a safe route that I can dump it off too.

Sometimes I probably play it overly safe and dump it off to those routes too often.

You done got got yesterday when you tried to dump it off

Mrbob

The one thing I find funny are the play action mesh routes on 3rd and long. PA on 3rd and long? Make sure on defense to select predict pass on every 3rd and long so the d doesn't bite on the pa. If you don't your defense can get frozen on a 3rd and long pa which is just dumb. Took me like two seasons to figure this out. Wish I would have known sooner.

I'm far from the best player in the league but try that out and see if it helps.

DJ Bowser

Not at first

You done got got yesterday when you tried to dump it off

Which is fair. I don't think I play cheaply at all. The worst part of that play though was that my first look was TY deep, then I look and see you all over Mahone and I didn't have a third. Normally I'll take the sack or try to scramble, but my plan against you because of Watt and Clowney was to get rid of the ball as quick as possible every play. That play, I reacted before my brain could tell me no.

Greg

Which is fair. I don't think I play cheaply at all. The worst part of that play though was that my first look was TY deep, then I look and see you all over Mahone and I didn't have a third. Normally I'll take the sack or try to scramble, but my plan against you because of Watt and Clowney was to get rid of the ball as quick as possible every play. That play, I reacted before my brain could tell me no.
user-controlled Watt is bullshit anyways

good luck having time for anything deep to develop unless coverage is obviously blown

and with the warp tackle bullshit, you can't even comfortably roll away from him

SickBoy

I'm kind of a douche

TBH, I wasn't worried about your passing attack -- my whole mission for the game was to limit Lynch -- and while I mostly kept him in check (maybe 40% of his yards came on a couple of plays), I failed on that front.

But when I'm sending extra guys as often as I was, I like to keep three guys over top.

Maybe your bigger crime was running the same three running plays 30+ times ;)

The fact that it was a winnable game for me was fortunate... my team is so much worse this year (and my schedule a lot rougher, too)

TheCrow

Remember when we tried playing that Torchlight game and it sucked.

I just can't get into that genre. Tried torchlight, PoE, titan quest, and grim dawn but non of them kept me interested. The combat just isn't for me. Borderlands is probably my favorite loot game and thats mostly because its a fps.

Top Bottom