• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Greg

I just can't get into that genre. Tried torchlight, PoE, titan quest, and grim dawn but non of them kept me interested. The combat just isn't for me. Borderlands is probably my favorite loot game and thats mostly because its a fps.
Path of Exile was so good

Smokey

user-controlled Watt is bullshit anyways

good luck having time for anything deep to develop unless coverage is obviously blown

and with the warp tackle bullshit, you can't even comfortably roll away from him

I've been playing a ton more LB/S this year. If I wasn't playing manually yesterday against Bowser he probably wins

Sometimes I'll move Clowney to the opposite site of Watt, and if you try and come up the middle 94 rated Cush and 88 2nd year LB Reid is there

come at me greg

brentech

Can you be more specific?

Luckily the game was streamed so everyone can actually see what was happening during the game. I will check it out tonight.
At worst, the penalty for running a PA cancel is the result of a normal pass play.

At best the defense still bites on the fake run and the offense still gets to run the play like it was a pass from the get go. There is basically no reason not to run a PA cancel on every passing down other than the fact that there isn't enough PA passes. It's just full 'FYIDM' mode, as Smokey might say.

As I said sometime in the last week, that's the sort of shit that qualifies for playing against the game of Madden, and not your opponent. Figuring out what is broken in the game and just abusing it.

Greg

I've been playing a ton more LB/S this year. If I wasn't playing manually yesterday against Bowser he probably wins

Sometimes I'll move Clowney to the opposite site of Watt, and if you try and come up the middle 94 rated Cush and 88 2nd year LB Reid is there

come at me greg
I tried coming at you
and I also tried running away from you

nothing escapes the black hole that is JJ :(

brentech

wow, that Besiege game looks funny as hell

edit: and Cities Skylines looks promising. I haven't even tried going back to SimCity at any point after the first month or two.

TheCrow

Smokey! Which 970 should i be getting? I'm leaning toward the Gigabyte G1 Gaming version, assuming its actually my gpu thats dying on me.

Maybe your bigger crime was running the same three running plays 30+ times ;)

Sorry buddy! The Seahawks playbook is kind of garbage in that the only 3 runs out of the shotgun, regardless of formation, are the zone/trap/counter plays :(

Smokey! Which 970 should i be getting? I'm leaning toward the Gigabyte G1 Gaming version, assuming its actually my gpu thats dying on me.

Get the 980. Nvidia screwed up the 970 with stupid RAM allocation.

SickBoy

Sorry buddy! The Seahawks playbook is kind of garbage in that the only 3 runs out of the shotgun, regardless of formation, are the zone/trap/counter plays :(

Ha, it's all good... just giving you a bit of grief.

Not that I can run the ball in any meaningful way right now with my current team (maybe I should close out the year w/Pierre Thomas), but I think that's par for the course with most playbooks.

LJ11

Have some thoughts, may share later, but I know I've bumped into WRs trying to defend drags, I don't do it on purpose. Its just hard to get under the route because of the depth.

Sanjuro

Have some thoughts, may share later, but I know I've bumped into WRs trying to defend drags, I don't do it on purpose. Its just hard to get under the route because of the depth.

It's unfortunate in a game without penalties.

Strange enough, in my game against CB I received an unnecessary roughness penalty after tackling one of his receivers out of bounds. I think the last time I saw that was back on the Genesis when you could tackle people after the play.

brentech

It's unfortunate in a game without penalties.

Strange enough, in my game against CB I received an unnecessary roughness penalty after tackling one of his receivers out of bounds. I think the last time I saw that was back on the Genesis when you could tackle people after the play.

Literally just had this happen today while testing the PA Cancel in a solo game, lol. My receiver was getting spun out of bounds by first defender. Second defender ran over and helped complete tackle, but the WR had already stepped out of bounds and the penalty got called.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ulAUIh6.png

Can someone TLDR the latest controversy for me?

You should switch back to Kubrick.

Look I will be honest with you guys and upfront say that I am not even sure anyone says anything if it wasn't brought up before. Bob had said to me to look at the 38 minute mark in the stream and it was the most egregious. I see the cancelled out PA, but I don't see the defenders really bite. The SS stopped but that was way after when the fake would have taken place. I ran the play back multiple times and the defenders that were on guys didn't really bite.

SickBoy

Can someone TLDR the latest controversy for me?

Az beat me and I was OK about it, but then he posted again and I realized he was a cheater.

EDIT: Serious question, though... as someone who hasn't been on the Madden train steadily in recent years, how quickly are apparent exploits patched up these days (say, going back to the last few years of the 360/PS3 generation)? Back in the day it often seemed like years.... but I find it really hard to judge based on recent experience, because new gen is new gen, and I think this year was a pretty significant overhaul, as well.

JABEE

i would say GG but that was trash JP. i don't often have sour grapes on a game, i don't care that much, but some of this shit you do is out of shark waters. the canceling out of every PA pass, the nano shit, i'm done with it. it honestly reminds me of playing the chiefs dude from last year (cant remember his name). it all reeks of the madden school shit and i've seen enough vids to know what i'm seeing repeatedly.

not booting you myself since i'm not the only commish in this league but i have 0 interest in playing you again

What kind of stuff are you guys talking about? I'm not as experienced as you guys. I played him the week before you FMT. It was extremely hard to stop his running game. I Have never played someone that could get out of tackles as easily as he does. You can check my archived stream. I don't think he was doing anything wrong, but I don't have the same eye for this kind of thing as you guys.

Yeah I don't think booting him should be the first course of action. Just don't do it anymore, problem solved.

In my experience this type of player they will always look for the next exploit or loophole. Often times it is "well its not technically banned" or something to that effect.

I get that when you are used to winning at all costs and playing MUT games there is a different strategy used. we are trying to have a sim league and although it doesn't always shake out that way I don't like having to deal with this kind of shit.

It's the same thing with guys like vumpler and ando and whoever else. JP is just doing what he does and it's in the game so it's not cheating but as I said earlier this isn't the right league for him

I dunno, he said he was doing it specifically because he felt it broke the game.
Quote me where I said that.
I do it to get the pass off quicker. I didn't know it affected the D until dcx and later Wellington brought it up.

Fmt played me in casual, he knew how I played before he invited me.

eznark

Banned
Quote me where I said that.

The defense still reacts as it is a PA I think.

johnny_park said:
I do it to get the pass off quicker. I didn't know it affected the D until dcx and later Wellington brought it up.

Fmt played me in casual, he knew how I played before he invited me.

You mean when Wellington said it a week ago?

DCX alerted me to this weird defender glitch when you cancel out of a PA, finally saw it first hand. The player would always go to the same area of the field so I kept putting cloud zones into the spots but even though guys were supposed to be there it was still beating me. I wish he never told me, it mentally took me out of the game.
(2/5/15)

And? I like the routes in the PA play/plays?

How many times did I call PA against fmt. Sure as hell wasn't 20 times. My guess 7 or 8.

Do what you guys got to do.

I'd say give him another chance if it wasn't for his explanations last night. Boot him imo. It's easier to find a new member to play in the same spirit as the other 30 of us then make a bunch of ticky tack rules so one member doesn't piss everyone else off.

Ferny

It's clear what needs to be done and yet our leadership on the other coast is nowhere to be found. West Coast doesn't function before 12:30pm?

It's clear what needs to be done and yet our leadership on the other coast is nowhere to be found. West Coast doesn't function before 12:30pm?

You must have faith in our glorious leaders, non-compliance means death.

They are probably in their bunker as they negotiate JP's fate.

DCX

DCX
He knew it was an exploit and did it anyway...
I have talked to many people about this since I have seen it done to me in Casual. I noticed when it was done also.

The plays used after a play is done made me look closer and I noticed that while it had all the characteristics of a Play action pass, it had none of the risk due to being able to throw quick and attack "stunned" defenders. I am in three leagues, this one, casual and stupidly joined a Maddenschool league. ( everyone in that league runs this modified PA)

I have talked to JP about the play and he told me he canceled out of a PA by hitting the sprint button, my understanding of the money play was due to hot routing the HB to block. This was confirmed to me by one of the members in maddenschool league. He said " yea, it toasts man, and zone doesn't react fast enough "

I brought it to Wellie, who I consider a defensive genius and had him take a look. I told him the set up and the formations. He must have tested and the results were, well he posted. In my tests it seemed to get open 80-90% of the time.

Now, is what JP doing the same of what I told Wellie? No. Does it appear to have the same result? Maybe so but the difference in this instance would be modifying and manipulating a play to fuck with the AI vs using a basic madden installed mechanic like PA cancel. It may very well be that both are broken.

The outcome is we should ban PA cancel and not allow the modifying of the Play action by not blocking the HB. If a play action is called it should be completed.

Its a risk and reward play and should stay that way. As someone who has received a second chance, I believe everyone deserves one especially if he wasn't modifying and just canceling even though the results appear the same.

Just my two cents.

DCX

Splat

Yeah, being defensive and fyidm about it isn't selling me on wanting to play jp.

An apology video could make me change my mind

DCX

DCX
So, just to be clear so I know...

Hot-routing a RB to pass block on a designed Play Action exploits the AI in the same way?
Indeed, gives the same "suction" on the defenders reacting to what used to be a play action pass. They still bite on the run action. Which makes them freeze in zones, which as Wellie documented, no matter what zone you can put there it always seem to get through.

Now is there a ying to the yang? I'm sure, but I'm bet its manipulating the D in a way that is cheese also which I haven't found yet and Wellie hasn't either but I'm sure with time he might.

Cheese vs cheese isn't fun or Sim either so better to just take it out all together. Madden is so fucking broken :/

DCX

Top Bottom