• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

I'll just say this. This whole situation is deja vu for me. Last league I was in, not the casual league, JP won the Superbowl and was quickly shit on for his play style, constantly doing PA cancel and all around money plays every play.

He left shortly after everyone was on his ass, and shortly after that day some of us went over the Superbowl and saw some nano's from Madden School that kinda cemented the type of shit we were dealing with all season.

This isn't the first time JP has had such accusations thrown against him, and I'm kinda shocked he would pull this shit against an admin, that takes some balls.

LJ11

Yeah, this HB block thing is nuts if true. I do it often, but not because I'm exploiting anything, I just like the playcall and don't want the PA. I never call PA, maybe once or twice every few games. Never have a good QB to suck guys in so it doesn't seem worth it especially when we've had some good manual DE players that would just sack you.

Sokantish

That reminds me... did you guys watch that Foo Fighters series on HBO? The worst part was their songs at the end. Are their lyrics always that silly?

JABEE

I'll just say this. This whole situation is deja vu for me. Last league I was in, not the casual league, JP won the Superbowl and was quickly shit on for his play style, constantly doing PA cancel and all around money plays every play.

He left shortly after everyone was on his ass, and shortly after that day some of us went over the Superbowl and saw some nano's from Madden School that kinda cemented the type of shit we were dealing with all season.

This isn't the first time JP has had such accusations thrown against him, and I'm kinda shocked he would pull this shit against an admin, that takes some balls.
Now I have to look at my last stream.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is 3 problems rolled into 1.

The exploit
JP's attitude about it
The lack of exposure to the league

You guys are always fast to point out that one Madden year (What was it, 12?) where I found that exploit with the LEs that allowed me to rack up 30+ sacks with Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson in consecutive seasons. That was my exploit. Legitimately, all I had to do was shift to the right, slide attack right, and it was a free shot at the QB as the right DT attacked the RT and the LE was free to come in unless there was a back or TE held in.

Since I had a lot of time with the league already, I was given the benefit of the doubt. Wasn't ever kicked and it took a long time for someone to even ask me about it.

I freely talked about how to stop it but no one ever wanted to do anything. Either slide protect or max protect, the choice was yours. Could have also just started running out of pass formations to the left and killed me but whatever.

I make no bones about it, my first job when I get Madden is to figure out the ways to exploit the game, how to stop those, then figure out the ways to exploit the league members play styles. I think I have built up trust within the league because I usually just talk openly about this stuff. I feel like if JP had approached it from that angle it would have been a different outcome. But it's a double edged sword. How could he have known we don't really run it when it's known across other leagues?

Whatever, I like the game, I like our community, I hope we continue bringing in new players.

Ferny

His attitude about it was the problem. Not the fact he did it so much. I mean that's still a problem, but he basically gave no fucks.

I come back and this thread is on fire and there are bodies on the floor.

What?!

post-38275-Community-Troy-Pizza-Fire-gif-qJC1.gif

Crimson did it

Greg

That reminds me... did you guys watch that Foo Fighters series on HBO? The worst part was their songs at the end. Are their lyrics always that silly?
I watched the first minute of the song at the end of the first episode and decided I'd never watch another of those segments again. I'm not a Foo Fighters fan though, so it's whatever.

Outside of the "this studio is so special" moments on every episode, I thought the series was great.

DJ Bowser

House of Cards third season was accidentally posted to Netflix for a brief period and I missed it!

Why do all the bad things happen to meeeee?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I would give him another shot if it were up to me.

We've dealt out less harsh punishments (or nothing) for worse. I get the attitude argument, and I haven't been following too closely since ive been busy today, but if he agrees to change it up I dont see the issue.

If something else comes up we can deal with it then.

I would give him another shot if it were up to me.

We've dealt out less harsh punishments (or nothing) for worse. I get the attitude argument, and I haven't been following too closely since ive been busy today, but if he agrees to change it up I dont see the issue.

If something else comes up we can deal with it then.
Too late. They made their decision so I resigned.

I was upset, didn't feel like I got a fair warning.

Apologies in advance to the next cards owner. Felt horrible as soon as I did what I did.

Next cards owner will probably have a lot of these:

I don't know the playbook! -50 confidence

Might not be that bad but I've had a few rookies and FAs that lost 20-50 confidence for "not knowing the playbook"

Smokey

But none of that changed how well they performed. Doubt I'll wait since I gotta get my dota fix soon.

It does change how it performs. On something like Mordor there is noticeable stuttering because it's hitting 3.5GB VRAM. If you plan to keep the card for a long time, it' s only going to get worse. I wouldn't buy it. Just my $0.02.

Wait...JP did what on his way out?!

Top Bottom