• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

LJ11

Not sure how this is good for the league. Either post a video and get on with it or stop bitching after every game.

Nah, no worries. I know when I'm being cheap, I wasn't cheap at all in that first half, am I right Cali? Then I went under center, stayed in one formation basically the entire second half because there was no point in going gun with the pressure I was feeling, and worked the field. Created screens, dink dunk.

On a scale of cheapness I was maybe a 7, because I was roping the ball on one particular route that kills two deep coverage, which is funny because he ran the same exact concept but with the TE earlier in the game. Then I just fed Nicks on out routes, because that route rips up man. If he would have base aligned the DB would have played it outside and it wouldn't be that open. But then I would hit him with a deep shot.

Cali, I'm sorry dude, won't happen again. I'm just going with stock shit. I ran the same stuff against DM, pretty much.

I wasn't CB blitzing. Its a cover 2 out of a 3-4, the LB comes in as a 4th, its a base play.

I ran the same coverages out of different formations which is allowed, but mostly cause you called the same plays.

WTF is DT cheese? Lmfao.

lol, dude I was being sarcastic. Did you not fuck me up with your DT play? I'm not complaining about it, I adjusted, I wasn't throwing it more than 8 yards. And you were bringing heat off the edge which was getting home quick, I adjusted. I mean, I don't care if you're calling a cover 2 from whatever formation, do you think you're being creative? Who's asking you to do this? If I can't beat your D why switch? For variety?

Greg

Every team does it in NFL, and allowed in this league. Get over it.lol
NWcDFIA.png

Mrbob

I'll be seeing Kingsmen tonight. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Edit: Cant say I've ever seen LJ cheese in this league. Dude is just great at Madden.

Also, when I faced Cali he ran like HB dive and stuff all day, then threw quick slants when he needed some yards.

So maybe Cali isn't one to talk about calling 4 plays a game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree with CB, fuck Madden I'm sticking to Wolfenstein!

LegoDad

This is why I stream!

Also did you record the last 15 minutes Cali?

Nope. Been over 15 mins now. The first half was fine he did PA pass like 3 times. The entire 2nd half was the same formation and same 3-4 plays.

I'm not mad. I couldn't stop it but you guys getting pissed and then breaking the rules yourselves is all I'm calling out.

Nope. Been over 15 mins now. The first half was fine he did PA pass like 3 times. The entire 2nd half was the same formation and same 3-4 plays.

I'm not mad. I couldn't stop it but you guys getting pissed and then breaking the rules yourselves is all I'm calling out.

Well, maybe no-one experience it with him, so nobody called him out? Wouldn't that be the logical.... er, logic?

There's no need to be salty. Unless your FMT and can kick people who make you salty, then be salty!

LegoDad

Well, maybe no-one experience it with him, so nobody called him out? Wouldn't that be the logical.... er, logic?

There's no need to be salty. Unless your FMT and can kick people who make you salty, then be salty!

Why do I need video evidence he admitted to how he was doing it, RB block to cancel PA.

Mrbob

In interest of full disclosure you rotated three defensive plays on me all game long when we played Cali. If LJ figured out a way to beat those plays he should keep running them and force you to choose something different.

LJ11

Cali wasn't cheap at all against me, he dinked and dunked, Bray sucks, so it's hard to play with the dude. He hit some big plays when he needed to, or rather he caught me in the same 3 deep shell I was running over and over and caved my head in for the go ahead score. And I almost picked him off on 2 or 3 occasions when he went to the slants, but he got a huge conversion on a 3rd down because I overplayed one slant and he hit me with another route on the backside. This is the game folks. Punch counter punch.

Whatever, I think the only dude, I was legit cheap with at all this year, was GQ. But he was starting to scramble a bunch and it was annoying the fuck out of me so I started running whatever could get me the W.

In years past I've cheesed FMT with the same exact out route that I got Cali with today, but it's because he sat in man two deep, that year everyone sat in man two deep. I'd stream all my games, but I don't want that fucking border around the game while I'm playing.

Whatever, I know what needs to be done going forward.

I knew this dude would cry.

Good game bro. I'm not sure wtf the RB switch is. I didn't cancel a single fucking PA with right trigger. I kept my back in to block on PA pass which cancels the PA but from what I saw out there it did zero to the D AI. I mean the reason I canceled it, is because you were sending the CB blitzes out Cover 2 shells.

So I called PA scissors, but there's no need for the PA, I just want the flood concept on the right side to bury your cover 2, and I did it. I just called plays that ripped up the coverages you called.

Ohhhhh.

Yea, I would be mad too. You fucked up

brentech

First, not everyone is breaking some rule.
Second, I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but if there is a real problem, it takes like 2 maybe 3 button presses to record a video instead of just bitching about it. If you're not willing to go that distance, than I question how much of a problem any of it was.

There comes a point where if someone is just playing the same D concept over and over, you only have so many plays to beat it, and there is no reason not to run it the opponent doesn't make you. In that circumstance, that's not why the rule exists.

LegoDad

First, not everyone is breaking some rule.
Second, I'm not saying you're absolutely wrong, but if there is a real problem, it takes like 2 maybe 3 button presses to record a video instead of just bitching about it. If you're not willing to go that distance, than I question how much of a problem any of it was.

There comes a point where if someone is just playing the same D concept over and over, you only have so many plays to beat it, and there is no reason not to run it the opponent doesn't make you. In that circumstance, that's not why the rule exists.

I didn't record cause I'm not mad. Like you said I couldn't stop it, which is my fault. I'm just about everyone ragging on others who are new and then the league also doing it. Everyone should be held to the same standards no matter how long they have been here or how good of a relationship we have.

It was a good game and LJ deserved to win, now for the tanking to begin!

PA cancel I'd already banned and audibiling rb to block on a PA pass is also banned going forward. I don't know that it causes the same shit as PA cancel does but just to avoid those issues let's not do either of those things...

As a favor to me

LJ11

LJ you can stream without the chat on the side. Its a toggle option

Thanks, I'll stream my games going forward.

So all PA plays must be run, no blocking the RB or hot routing him to an option/check release or anything else. Understood.

No more PA for me at all, shit is a sack waiting to happen.

brentech

Just nothing anyone can say without seeing it for themselves.

I'm not even sold on the idea that everyone understands what PA cancel looks like.

I've never personally called a PA and then changed the RB to block, so I don't know what effect that has myself other than changing QB dropback to a standard pass. Not sure if it still acts like a PA as the PA cancel can do.
I didn't record cause I'm not mad. Like you said I couldn't stop it, which is my fault.
Not exactly what I'm saying.
If you're running the same defensive concept most the game (and it's working), and he figures out how to beat it, anyone would keep doing whatever concept is beating it until you finally start changing up your D more. I don't think that situation is why the rule is in place.

It was going to be a huge play for either me or GQ last night, but the walk off TD was a PA bootleg that really worked.
Would have knocked me out of FG range if sacked. But I felt like I needed more than 5 yards on 2nd down to guarantee the OT field goal. I run a couple standard PA every game usually.

LJ11

I really am sorry Cali, there's nothing worse than taking time out to play a game and come away pissed off.

I've been keeping my back in to block/kill PAs with hot routes for years, I just don't run PA because my QBs traditional suck ass, but there are good route combos that are PA only.

On the other hand, if I find a bunch of routes that work against a coverage, I won't go away from it unless my opponent takes it away. That doesn't mean I'm going to sit there and run busted ass shit all game long to get a W, but if you're giving me cookies I'm going to fatten up. I'm taking what you give me.

This shit won't happen again.

eznark

Banned
Holy mother of god sous vide baby back ribs.

144 for 30 hours. Cook with 1/4 cup bbq sauce (I used Stubbs sweet heat) and a tablespoon of liquid smoke.

Finish by brushing with a cup of bbq and broiling for 4 minutes.

Unbelievable.

rinse82

Holy mother of god sous vide baby back ribs.

144 for 30 hours. Cook with 1/4 cup bbq sauce (I used Stubbs sweet heat) and a tablespoon of liquid smoke.

Finish by brushing with a cup of bbq and broiling for 4 minutes.

Unbelievable.

I am definitely getting one of these soon.

Just gotta convince the wife.

Fuck

I think I'm doing something wrong

Took me way longer than I thought it would. I just get the ball behind the 3 point line on the right side and walk slowly into my defender and after my player moves his off ball hand, kind of a swiping motion, I just pull up for the shot before the free throw line. The shot is usually around a D or C quality. Took me doing that for 19 games on like 8 or 12 min qtrs. I was shooting a little too early my first few games though and kept getting B quality shots. I think it can be done quicker if you figure out how to do it right and just do that for the whole game.

Now just 6 more games until I have dimer and that's pretty much all the badges I want.

Deadeye sounds like it's going to take toooooooooo fucking long for my center to get :(

I'm already burned out fouling out and playing all this offline mode shit. It's about time to be a pure Parker and just get that rep up so I can be the god damn gorilla and back peoples asses down in the paint

McNei1y

Wellster, whenever you're ready I could probably go. Apparently some friends are coming over later tonight but I'm not completely sure so I'll be hanging around the CPU/PS4 for now.

Deadeye sounds like it's going to take toooooooooo fucking long for my center to get :(

I'm already burned out fouling out and playing all this offline mode shit. It's about time to be a pure Parker and just get that rep up so I can be the god damn gorilla and back peoples asses down in the paint

So there's upgrades for players? And you have to get them playing offline? Booooo

speaking of which, want to play some Park?

Wellster, whenever you're ready I could probably go. Apparently some friends are coming over later tonight but I'm not completely sure so I'll be hanging around the CPU/PS4 for now.

So there's upgrades for players? And you have to get them playing offline? Booooo

speaking of which, want to play some Park?

You can get 75 initially but to get the other 25 you basically have to offline games for your guy. After a while I would just turn game speed to 100 and foul out intentionally cause once I got all the badges I wanted for my center (except deadeye, maybe lob city passer lol) I stopped giving a fuck and just fouled out

It takes generally 7-8 games to get each extra point so it's a grind...but I've gotten my point guard almost maxed out in a matter of a few weeks

Smokey

Took me way longer than I thought it would. I just get the ball behind the 3 point line on the right side and walk slowly into my defender and after my player moves his off ball hand, kind of a swiping motion, I just pull up for the shot before the free throw line. The shot is usually around a D or C quality. Took me doing that for 19 games on like 8 or 12 min qtrs. I was shooting a little too early my first few games though and kept getting B quality shots. I think it can be done quicker if you figure out how to do it right and just do that for the whole game.

Now just 6 more games until I have dimer and that's pretty much all the badges I want.

I'm pulling up as soon as I feel controller vibrate . I get perfect or near perfect releases. I've spent entire games doing this lol. I have no idea where I'm at in terms of made shots.

I did get posterizer, flashy pass, and pick n roll maestro today though. Trying to get acrobat, unfazed, and deadeye now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I finally caved and got a slow cooker. I had some chicken at my sisters house from a crock pot and it was fucking amazing.

I can finally join the Madden-dota-food gaf subculture.

Top Bottom