• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

SickBoy

gg Crimson. I think the bottom line was that you let me stick around a little too long, because I felt like you had this game won.

Two things:

1) I'm not sure about that fourth-down gamble I took in the first half, whether it's kosher or not. Truth is, a 50-yarder with my rookie kicker is 100% prayer, and a punt from there was stupid. Either way, it was only a three-point success for me, but I always feel a bit sketchy in those situations.

2) I don't know why you didn't try a steady diet of runs on me. Rainey is so fast to the outside, and the left side of your line is either awesome, or my D-line was having its worst game ever.

gg Crimson. I think the bottom line was that you let me stick around a little too long, because I felt like you had this game won.

Two things:

1) I'm not sure about that fourth-down gamble I took in the first half, whether it's kosher or not. Truth is, a 50-yarder with my rookie kicker is 100% prayer, and a punt from there was stupid. Either way, it was only a three-point success for me, but I always feel a bit sketchy in those situations.

2) I don't know why you didn't try a steady diet of runs on me. Rainey is so fast to the outside, and the left side of your line is either awesome, or my D-line was having its worst game ever.

GG man

I've been throwing way too much this season with my rookie QB and receivers especially since Charles is suspended the rest of the season. Yeah the left side of my line is pretty good. After that first drive when Rainey had like 70 yards on 2 carries I should have just kept feeding him the ball. If my Dbs would have just caught one of those ints that would have went for a td we would have been ok. Looks like I'm gonna collapse and miss the playoffs again like I did at the end of the last season. Got to start running the ball more!

SickBoy

GG man

I've been throwing way too much this season with my rookie QB and receivers especially since Charles is suspended the rest of the season. Yeah the left side of my line is pretty good. After that first drive when Rainey had like 70 yards on 2 carries I should have just kept feeding him the ball. If my Dbs would have just caught one of those ints that would have went for a td we would have been ok. Looks like I'm gonna collapse and miss the playoffs again like I did at the end of the last season. Got to start running the ball more!

First game in a while I knew I couldn't complain about my DBs, because your guys had the dropsies bad. I know the feeling..

DJ Bowser

Hey this guy is good at eating ass

Cruel.

GG, I had no answer for your offense and started trying to sling it to compensate while not relying so heavily on the crosses and meshes.

The result was obviously very poor.

GONNA SHORE UP THAT DEFENSE IN THE DRAFT, GUYS!

eznark

Banned
Dominique Davis only had two passes that were nowhere near the target!

I think I set a penalty record. Fuck no huddle, I just stayed offsides when he tried to run it.

gg

DJ Bowser

Dominique Davis only had two passes that were nowhere near the target!

I think I set a penalty record. Fuck no huddle, I just stayed offsides when he tried to run it.

gg

I hope you noticed I declined it every time. I was wondering why it kept happening. I assumed it was poor AI and refused to benefit from it.

eznark

Banned
No huddle is broken. I'd rather give up 5 yards than 25. You should've accepted it. All I wanted was to force you to huddle.

DJ Bowser

I just wanted to pretend I still had a chance, and the accel clock eats the time. Makes sense though, hopefully they fix that in '16.

eznark

Banned
9AA3E7F6FCA7038121359B35C7EB83450229B568

Your stream is offline.

not sure why it went offline but i put it back up when i saw your msg

gg dm. glennon was terrible. some of the throws were bad decisions but most of the time the targets were way off. kap had a few passes like that. glad to get up early and then not have to worry so much about doug martin

Playoff breakdown:

AFC -
1. Chargers (10-3) - Vs. Steelers, @ Broncos, Vs. Chiefs
2. Patriots (8-5) - Vs. Broncos, @ Titans, Vs. Steelers
3. Texans (8-5) - Vs. Jets, @ Bears, Vs. Colts
4. Ravens (8-6) - Vs. Dolphins, @ Giants
5. Chiefs (9-5) - Vs. Panthers, @ Chargers
6. Raiders (8-5) - Vs. Bengals, @ Jets, Vs. Falcons
7. Browns (8-6) - Vs. Eagles, @ Redskins
8. Bills (7-6) - @ Dolphins, Vs. Cards, @ Bengals
9. Bengals (7-6) - @ Raiders, Vs. Steelers, Vs. Bills
10. Titans (6-7) - @ Jags, Vs. Patriots, @ Vikings

- Chargers clinch #1 seed with 2 more wins or a win + chiefs/raiders loss at any point.
- Patriots can clinch AFC east with 2 more wins
3. Texans need 2 more wins to for sure clinch AFC south. maybe only 1
- Ravens own tie breaker against bengals and browns so the ravens win out and they win the division
- Conference is a mess!

NFC -
1. Bucs (11-3) - @ Seahawks, @ Broncos
2. Giants (11-2) - Vs. Redskins, @ Cowboys, Vs. Ravens
3. Cardinals (11-2) - @ Falcons, @ Bills, @ Saints
4. Bears (9-5) - Vs. Texans, Vs. Cowboys
5. Eagles (11-3) - @ Eagles, Vs. Packers
6. 49ers (10-4) - Vs. Falcons, @ Panthers
7. Rams (9-4) - Vs. Lions, Vs. Saints, Vs. Seahawks
8. Lions (7-6) - @ Rams, Vs. Packers, Vs. Jags

- Bucs aren't #1 seed anymore butu could potentially get there with losses by the giants/cards
- Giants clinch #1 seed if they win out
- Cards get a bye if they win out
- bears own the tiebreaker against lions (split head to head, equal division record but better conference record). Bears need 1 more victory to clinch NFC north. Lions need to win out and have the bears lose outu
- Eagles could still clinch NFC East if they win out and the giants lose a game to an NFC opponent... not sure what the tiebreaker would come down to if that happened and they had the same record. Same conf record same division record and split head to head
- 49ers only tentatively have a playoff spot. rams hold tie breaker
- Rams could potentially win the division if the cards were to lose out and rams win out
- Seems very likely that a 12-4 team would be left out of the playoffs (which would likely be the 49ers as every team in that area has tie breaker)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Excuse the janky start of the gif. Didnt feel like going back and editing it.

WS5ivyV.gif

Id be so fucking mad if that happened to me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
McNulty!!!!!!

WS5ivyV.gif

Excuse me but why are there two defenders in the flats? I get the LB trolling the middle but in this situation those defenders need to be actually involved in the play. In no way does CB ever even throw a pass in their zones.

Fuck Foles and Eagles QBs in general. cB does that to me all the time.

Edit: Looks like a Nickel Cover 2 Sink. Wow.

BigAT

WS5ivyV.gif

Watched this a couple of times and thought it was absurd bullshit. It was only then that I actually saw the score/time...

McNulty!!!!!!

Excuse me but why are there two defenders in the flats? I get the LB trolling the middle but in this situation those defenders need to be actually involved in the play. In no way does CB ever even throw a pass in their zones.

Fuck Foles and Eagles QBs in general. cB does that to me all the time.

Edit: Looks like a Nickel Cover 2 Sink. Wow.

In my defense I had to protect the middle ball from him getting into FG range, he had a TO to work with.

LegoDad

In my defense I had to protect the middle ball from him getting into FG range, he had a TO to work with.

Man 3 Cover Deep. Still cover middle and you cover hail Mary,you never get beat deep with 10 seconds left.

Who is Rams so we can this game that doesn't count over with? Damn you Mr. Bob for making my 6 game win streak meaningless.

Man 3 Cover Deep. Still cover middle and you cover hail Mary,you never get beat deep with 10 seconds left.

Who is Rams so we can this game that doesn't count over with? Damn you Mr. Bob for making my 6 game win streak meaningless.

I'll usually take a short defender and drop all the way back.

Altough looking at the play he makes a good call and even has the play made. Foley flicks his wrist for a 65 yard bomb with even being set! Nothing you can do I guess

Cover 3 Deep man is almost always beaten by anything other than a hail marry, any decent mid gain play will beat it due to man coverage getting open on slants after half a second.

Also are we forgetting that it should have been a sack lol, not like that play should have gone on as long as it should.

No cali! I need you to win! Bob is a loser and will lose out so stay strong

LegoDad

Cover 3 Deep man is almost always beaten by anything other than a hail marry, any decent mid gain play will beat it due to man coverage getting open on slants after half a second.

Also are we forgetting that it should have been a sack lol, not like that play should have gone on as long as it should.

That is why you can set other players into a zone where you don't want him to beat you for FG. Kind of like FMT says.

No cali! I need you to win! Bob is a loser and will lose out so stay strong

I don't see myself winning out. I have to trip up at some point. Bob can beat the last two, I already did.

That is why you can set other players into a zone where you don't want him to beat you for FG. Kind of like FMT says.

I don't see myself winning out. I have to trip up at some point. Bob can beat the last two, I already did.

Bob sold his madden soul to win his only league superbowl in 2006. He is forever cursed and will lose out!

DJ Bowser

i'm guessing "i'm drunk" will be the excuse for cancelling PA

I just saw this, didn't realize Ez got so goddamn salty repeatedly during a game he won easily.

There was no PA cancel- I don't know what play may have looked like it, but I assume shouting "PA cancel!" is going to be in vogue now. Terrific.

eznark

Banned
I just saw this, didn't realize Ez got so goddamn salty repeatedly during a game he won easily.

There was no PA cancel- I don't know what play may have looked like it, but I assume shouting "PA cancel!" is going to be in vogue now. Terrific.

When was I salty?

I tried to record the play, didn't check if it worked. Second drive. I'll look when I get up to my office later. Is hitting the record button twice the way to record the last few minutes or whatever?

DJ Bowser

That post, your last one during the game, and the intentional offsides repeatedly during the no huddle led me to believe there was some sincere bitterness. I think I remember the play-

I hit the tight end crossing to the short side of the field, right? I didn't audible the running back and am never hitting Sprint outside of on bootlegs. Not to mention, I distinctly remember Luck faking the draw on that play.

I'm not really sure how to record. I'm new to the PS4.

eznark

Banned
Lol I wasn't bitter with the offsides, I just wanted you to work for it! No huddle is garbage. I showed you that on the third and one that I no huddled!

Yea, wait a minute, going offsides to get a stoppage of time is kinda... an interesting concept.

Honestly, I don't find much wrong with it on paper.

It stops the clock and gives up 5 yards. So if you're no huddling you obviously have little time to clock it, meaning a stoppage is a good thing.

Continues normal play for the offense and gives the defense a chance to actually make legit adjustments.

eznark

Banned
I was up four scores and facing third quarter no huddle. I wasn't going to just give away free fast touchdowns. It doesn't make sense in closer games though probably.

Mrbob

Time to take that play to the next level. Go offsides and run right beside the qb to sack him as soon as he hikes the ball. This will be a good way to slow down drives at the end of halves. I'm anti no huddle so I have no issue doing this.

eznark

Banned
Especially when I declined every penalty because I thought it was bad AI.

Sucks2Suck

Time to take that play to the next level. Go offsides and run right in front of the qb to sack him as soon as he hikes the ball.

I tried but you can't really do it in a way that allows them to hike it, at least I couldn't. Plus I didn't want to cheese, just force a huddle.

Sanjuros idiot extra point shenanigans were my inspiration.

Top Bottom