• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Is there any way to do a practice game with the franchise team anywhere?(forgive the dumb question I just got the game 3 weeks ago) I need to find out what passes my shitty QB can actually make

Smokey

OOTP takes fucking forever to load, even when on a SSD. I try to never close it.

Funny story though, met with our IT people this week to talk about a server upgrade and he rambled on about a virtual terminal and how it would be better to use that to work from home yada yada yada and he was like "but, it'll be bare bones, we aren't going to load your video games on it or anything"

fucking clown

lul

BigAT

IT guy came up to you and was like

ioPBBPA.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've done a lot of testing when it comes to the STR attribute. Without getting too deep into what my theories are -

- STR matters for blocking in every scenario.
- I have seen no difference between DL with 95+ STR and those with 85-95 STR.
- So far it is inconclusive for me as to whether STR is as important as we make it out with HBs.
- I do not believe that STR makes a difference for the D-Back/WR tackle scenario.

Comparing Andre Williams with Carlos Hyde (widely known as a guy that just falls forward and never goes down easy) - they both have 99 TRK, AW has more strength, but Hyde is more effective with falling forward. I did not set up tests against AP or Lynch.

I had CJ Sanford last year with I think 85 STR, while he was effective breaking tackles, he was not on the level of what we have seen from the real life stars.

In one on one situations with DBs versus WRs, the only variable that I have seen that matters is the defenders TAK. Further, DBs with high TAK routinely bring down high STR running backs and tight ends.I believe I told Bob that the only stat that really matters for me for my safeties are awareness and TAK. If those are good I go PUR.

Maybe I am crazy.

As Rex Dickson, Madden’s creative director, said: “The way the game works on a high level is that when two players run into each other and are about to do an interaction — let's say it's a ball-carrier and a linebacker — it's going to take several ratings and throw them into a formula and do a dice roll.

“The dice roll is how we get the randomness. So it's basically his break-tackle chance against your tackle chance and then a dice roll on top of that. The ratings mismatch is your modifier on the dice roll. If he's 10 points higher than you for his tackle rating, the dice roll is going to be favored in his favor to get the tackle versus the flip where it'd favor the break-tackle.”

Fuck that noise.

I mean it explains a lot, but ugh.

Bang. +1 Wellie.

btw I used to play a ton of AD&D after school in high school so I'm all about dice rolls and RNG. It got so bad me and my group somehow started playing Star Wars AD&D. I was a wookie and just kept boosting my strength and constitution, it was awesome.

God help me. :(

Colasante

We're supposed to play tonight!

And on the subject of the Oscars, here are the five films from last year that you all need to see if you haven't already: Inherent Vice, Nightcrawler (out on Blu-ray), We are the Best! (available on Netflix), John Wick (available on Blu-ray), and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (available on Blu-ray).

eznark

Banned
None of those movies look good. And Inherent Vice is such a mediocre book that I really don't see how the movie could be any good.

BigAT

Hey eznark shitting on something, who could have seen that coming.

Glad to see others liked Nightcrawler. I personally thought Nightcrawler and Whiplash were both better than Birdman.

eznark

Banned
They might be good, haven't seen them. Inherent Vice was a huge disappointment for pretty much every Pynchon fan on the planet.

Birdman looks fucking awesome, can't wait to watch it. Gonna wait on Grabd Budapest Hotel since we just watched Moonrise Kingdom last week. Whiplash looks cool. Boyhood looks terrible. I don't have much interest in Nightcrawler. Seemed like you got the entire story from the original trailer.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice I was going to watch Nightcrawler this weekend.

So we all agree American Sniper was a terrible movie? Hurt Locker shits all over it.

TheCrow

Loved Birdman and I still need to get to watching Nightcrawler. American Sniper just looked like trash and I couldn't be bothered to watch it.

BigAT

I know I'm not breaking any new ground with this, but I finally watched The Raid: Redemption over the weekend and it was fantastic. And The Raid 2 is supposed to be even better? Can't wait.

Greg

Driveclub packs are up, and holy shit the One:1 is fast

a did a single sloppy lap on one of the tracks I had a WR in and almost beat it

GQman2121

Banned
Nightcrawler was good. Excellent PQ on the BD and the cinematography was topnotch considering the majority of scenes take play at....ummm...night.

Whiplash was the best picture out of the lot. I did like Grand Budapest, but Whip told a better story and was just more interesting. Birdman was neither of those things. Good performances and direction--thin on actual content for my liking.

Did yall other 3DS/Wii U smash folk get an email from club nintendo?

They said my order shipped. The problem is I have no idea where this shit's going. It could be going to an old address for all I know!

Did yall other 3DS/Wii U smash folk get an email from club nintendo?

They said my order shipped. The problem is I have no idea where this shit's going. It could be going to an old address for all I know!

I got one yesterday. You can call CS to check on your address. I had to do that when I moved but mine ended up getting lost anyway and they had to send a new one.

Sokantish

I know I'm not breaking any new ground with this, but I finally watched The Raid: Redemption over the weekend and it was fantastic. And The Raid 2 is supposed to be even better? Can't wait.

I didn't think Raid 2 was better :( It was very good though

Raid 2 is a different tone and style. Pacing is very different, it's not like the first one where it just goes non-stop after the introduction.

That being said I think the second one is better.

Mrbob

Nightcrawler is amazing. A different type of thriller movie and well done. Gyllenhaal is definitely creepy in it.

I personally like the first movie better, but only by a hair. I like the simplicity of the first movie. Go into a building, get caught, fuck shit up, get out. The Raid 2 attempts to include a bigger over arching story which is ok I guess but I don't really care about that stuff. I'm in it for the action and the sequel does not disappoint.

Mrbob

Stream it.

Bought Hand of Fate, what a cool premise for a game. I've taken out a couple "champions" so far. Hopefully the game holds up long term.

I need the Steam Controller to come out so I can play OffWorld Trading Company on my TV.

LJ11

I see people ripping on the 01 trap but its not some dominate play.

The blocking seems to work like this.

If you're in a 30 front, 3-4, 0 tech gets bypassed for 5 tech DE, 5 tech gets trapped. Any DT higher than a 1 tech gets trapped, so if you know where your numbers are you can blow it up. Sugar the gaps and fuck up the blocking even more. Not some unstoppable play.

Greg

I see people ripping on the 01 trap but its not some dominate play.

The blocking seems to work like this.

If you're in a 30 front, 3-4, 0 tech gets bypassed for 5 tech DE, 5 tech gets trapped. Any DT higher than a 1 tech gets trapped, so if you know where your numbers are you can blow it up. Sugar the gaps and fuck up the blocking even more. Not some unstoppable play.
yeah, that's what I was just saying in the stream

it was one of my frequently called plays, so it's almost always there as X

on 100 some attempts I think it was ~3 yard average

Top Bottom