• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Greg

I felt the same way running the drive. I audibled some routes trying to pick up chunks and your safeties would pick it right up. Kept having to dump off for like 4 yards.
But Yea, it felt shitty just having the drive.

Gg
not your fault it was working, it was just hard to sit through knowing I wouldn't have time to make anything happen with the way I was playing on offense

pissed about 2 of the INTs... terrible break by my #1 on the comeback even though he had the DBs back turned, and on the curl I manually threw down and out and the QB threw high inside right to the linebacker - hell of a way to open possessions!

someone tell me who i play
you play LJ

Ferny

Woo some good HDivers tips

Some not so pro, "pro-tips."

1. Throw strategems with R2, not L2. This way if your strategem entry fucks up on the last button press and you don't notice, you shoot a stray bullet opposed to throwing a grenade among your squad mates.

2. Dive at the last second while running away from nova blasts if you are still close. You will take little to no damage

3. Fully upgraded UAV will mark samples on everyone's map on your squad, only one person per squad needs to run the upgraded UAV. Def worth upgrading early to always maximize samples per mission

4. You can equip the same strategem twice for double deployments or uses.

5. You can crawl, shoot, throw grenades, and call in strategems while in the downed position (injured but not dead). However, you can only crawl while in the prone position (pressing square).

Anyone else have any other good tips?

eznark

Banned
B_RzwTiUQAEwyBU.jpg:large

no

Jarate

Banned
lag all match not surprised we DC'd

GG, and probably the worst defensive performance madden has every seen lol. Both defenses couldnt stop shit lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DT was the one position where I felt like I could never really figure players (and their attributes) out. I remember having a guy that was 95+ STR, 95+ PMV and solid other attributes but he was completely invisible on the actual field. The studs at the position were obvious, but there were so few of them that it was a desperate search or build up under the radar guys. I rotated through so many castaways and various improvements for my own guys trying to find a cheap solution, but it always felt like it alluded me in a way that other spots didn't.

I liked BSH for DEs though, got JPP to 99 in it (surprise, surprise).

Exactly. I have literally tried everything. Last draft I had this dude Grady Baker and he was what I would consider a prototype DT, high ACC, BSH, PMV, STR, the dude was completely invisible for a season. I had to rotate him over to the strong side of the DL because he was getting hammered on the ground. I have another couple of guys in there now and it's the same garbage. DTs are a crap shoot unless you have name value in there.

I just don't get it. Those are the stats that the effective DTs are good in, what is the difference? Maybe it's a trait? How stupid would that be...

gg boss. the fumble + return killed me. that and i dropped about a million picks. i know you dropped some too but the one that was the worst would've tied the game :/

also, the only complaint i have is stop doing that shit where you keep randomly moving your line/lb's until the snap. not moving them in general but there were a few short yardage plays where you literally were doing it reapeatedly over and over until the snap

gg boss. the fumble + return killed me. that and i dropped about a million picks. i know you dropped some too but the one that was the worst would've tied the game :/

also, the only complaint i have is stop doing that shit where you keep randomly moving your line/lb's until the snap. not moving them in general but there were a few short yardage plays where you literally were doing it reapeatedly over and over until the snap

Oh sorry man, I was just adjusting their coverage so I could have a user guy for coverage. I'll be sure to only adjust their coverage and not move them into position. Sorry dude, I don't even notice it half the time, it's just an automatic thing I've grown accustom to doing. :(

Oh sorry man, I was just adjusting their coverage so I could have a user guy for coverage. I'll be sure to only adjust their coverage and not move them into position. Sorry dude, I don't even notice it half the time, it's just an automatic thing I've grown accustom to doing. :(

but it looked like you were just randomly doing it the entire time, including the D-line. if it was one adjustment once the line wouldn't continually be moving back and forth until the snap. didn't change the game at all but it isn't needed

but it looked like you were just randomly doing it the entire time, including the D-line. if it was one adjustment once the line wouldn't continually be moving back and forth until the snap. didn't change the game at all but it isn't needed

Idk, when I change coverage to like curl zone, it moves the dude sometimes in the direction of the stick, and then I try to get him back into position and then it overshoots the original position and stuff. I wasn't running him around in circles, I was just trying to find a comfy position that looked like where he originally was, at least for the o-line most of the time. I guess I was dropping back into the MLB position before the snap sometimes, and it's just something I do sometimes out of instinct to get a better position for pass coverage.

Like I said, I'll be extra sure to make sure they don't move around and I don't do that, I'll rewatch your game and make sure it's fixed, if it happens again suspend me or do what ever you gotta do!

Now I feel bad about the game :(, if you think what I was doing was fucked and effected the game please suspend a player or something!

Idk, when I change coverage to like curl zone, it moves the dude sometimes in the direction of the stick, and then I try to get him back into position and then it overshoots the original position and stuff. I wasn't running him around in circles, I was just trying to find a comfy position that looked like where he originally was.

Like I said, I'll be extra sure to make sure they don't move around, I'll rewatch your game and make sure it's fixed, if it happens again suspend me or do what ever you gotta do!

lol no suspension needed! i haven't seen it in years but it used to "trick" the offensive line so you would get a guy who would normally be blocked coming free. not sure that it did anything but best to just not use it

Idk, when I change coverage to like curl zone, it moves the dude sometimes in the direction of the stick, and then I try to get him back into position and then it overshoots the original position and stuff. I wasn't running him around in circles, I was just trying to find a comfy position that looked like where he originally was, at least for the o-line most of the time. I guess I was dropping back into the MLB position before the snap sometimes, and it's just something I do sometimes out of instinct to get a better position for pass coverage.

Like I said, I'll be extra sure to make sure they don't move around and I don't do that, I'll rewatch your game and make sure it's fixed, if it happens again suspend me or do what ever you gotta do!

Now I feel bad about the game :(, if you think what I was doing was fucked and effected the game please suspend a player or something!

made no difference in the game at all. i lost because i threw some stupid throws (the early INT is what happens on a timing route when you have a guy with lower route running... he didn't make the hard cut he should have to get in front of the CB and you get a pick out of that), some bad defensive calls and some unluckiness (fumble, dropped picks). i only bring the DL thing up for future reference

Top Bottom