• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Morpheus looks interesting but then I remember I'd be playing sony games.
sick.gif

Sony has bad games now?

TheCrow

What makes it more interesting than the other garbage?
120hz was probably the biggest thing.
Why don't you just buy the Rift or the HTC device.

I wish I could buy one device to work on both PC and PS4. I really don't want two VR headsets.
Yeah, its either Rift or the Vive for me. Just depends on the specs and how well Valve's Lighthouse and controller work.

eznark

Banned
Devs have had oculus rift for what, three years now? And nothing interesting has come of it. I'm not terribly optimistic that it'll ever be anything more than a screen strapped to your face.

TheCrow

Devs have had oculus rift for what, three years now? And nothing interesting has come of it. I'm not terribly optimistic that it'll ever be anything more than a screen strapped to your face.

Yeah, thats why i'm excited to see what valve and htc have been working on. Plus with HTC on board maybe they won't let valve-time get out of hand.

eznark

Banned
I meant the whole VR thing in general. I wish the neckbeards had gotten boners for head tracking and the novint falcon instead

TheCrow

I meant the whole VR thing in general. I wish the neckbeards had gotten boners for head tracking and the novint falcon instead

I think that's exactly what valve is trying to incorporate with Lighthouse to track movement and their unannounced controller scheme. Hopefully we get to see more at their gdc presentation today.

Somnia

Oh look a new graphics card for Smokey to buy.

I'll be home around 830pm cst tonight to play some Helldivers. Played some solo today, holy crap that game is amazing. I have a good feeling about a few more of these indie games on the spring fever list. Axiom looks great and can't wait to jump back into Shovel Knight.

VR is a stupid gimmick that is probably several years away from being good enough for actual games. I've messed with the tech, been to several dev events and the only thing I see it being used for are on rails video experiences with limited interaction.

Marketing companies love it!

Its basically the new AR, and we all know how successful that tech ended up being.

eznark

Banned
VR is a stupid gimmick that is probably several years away from being good enough for actual games. I've messed with the tech, been to several dev events and the only thing I see it being used for are on rails video experiences with limited interaction.

Marketing companies love it!

Its basically the new AR, and we all know how successful that tech ended up being.

VR to be massive success confirmed

Has anyone seen any tests on the play action rating for the QBs? I know that used to matter some, I imagine it's how well he fakes out the defenders before they start reacting to the receivers again? I wonder if there's any meanigful different between like a 75 Rating and a 90

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone seen any tests on the play action rating for the QBs? I know that used to matter some, I imagine it's how well he fakes out the defenders before they start reacting to the receivers again? I wonder if there's any meanigful different between like a 75 Rating and a 90

I don't think any tests need to be run.You're wasting your time if you put points there.

We have seen the PA cancel effective across multiple leagues, games, and QBs. They're not all Peyton or A Rodge.

I don't think any tests need to be run.You're wasting your time if you put points there.

We have seen the PA cancel effective across multiple leagues, games, and QBs. They're not all Peyton or A Rodge.
What do you mean? Isn't the Pa cancel a tribute to PA being worth spending points on. Those with higher PA are gonna fool more?

I do think it's a waste just because predicting pass and user play negate it a lot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What do you mean? Isn't the Pa cancel a tribute to PA being worth spending points on. Those with higher PA are gonna fool more?

I do think it's a waste just because predicting pass and user play negate it a lot.

What I mean is that if everyone can run it at the same level of effectiveness, are PA points worth it?

Somnia

titan x i am crying nvidia pls release soon i need it

incoming firesale on a titan black brehs

Oh man I thought you already knew about it, haha

Thing looks insane... I bet at least one company does an insane Steam Machine with the new Intel processor's and a Titan X. Will probably be 2000+ though

What I mean is that if everyone can run it at the same level of effectiveness, are PA points worth it?
I don't think everyone can run it with the same effectiveness if we take user play out of it. PA affects how the secondary reacts. Idk if it's worth it because of how often people predict pass / user play LBers and SSs.

Was there a consensus on block shedding being useless as well?

If so, what helps create a good pass rusher?

I don't think it's useless. I got Sherman's block shedding up to 90 since his stats are already high and I didn't have anywhere else to put points. Now anytime someone runs to his side they get blown up since he just tosses the blocking receiver aside.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was there a consensus on block shedding being useless as well?

If so, what helps create a good pass rusher?

I don't think it's useless. I got Sherman's block shedding up to 90 since his stats are already high and I didn't have anywhere else to put points. Now anytime someone runs to his side they get blown up since he just tosses the blocking receiver aside.

It works in conjunction with other attributes, I just haven't been able to figure out what yet (for AI defenders). It's not useless, but I have a guy who with the confidence boost was 95+ in PMV and BSH and like 89 STR and couldn't do shit.

Smokey

Oh man I thought you already knew about it, haha

Thing looks insane... I bet at least one company does an insane Steam Machine with the new Intel processor's and a Titan X. Will probably be 2000+ though

Rumor is $1,349. I'll sell my Black for at least $400, so it should come in around the original Titan price for me. I dunno if I'll be there at launch though. I want to upgrade to X99, 8 core 5960x platform first.

This guy puts titan x another way :

it's crazy to think that this video card could fit the entirety of the contents of PS4's RAM at a single time into its VRAM pool and still have enough RAM left over to run assassin's creed unity with higher quality settings than the console version

BigAT

DT was the one position where I felt like I could never really figure players (and their attributes) out. I remember having a guy that was 95+ STR, 95+ PMV and solid other attributes but he was completely invisible on the actual field. The studs at the position were obvious, but there were so few of them that it was a desperate search or build up under the radar guys. I rotated through so many castaways and various improvements for my own guys trying to find a cheap solution, but it always felt like it alluded me in a way that other spots didn't.

I liked BSH for DEs though, got JPP to 99 in it (surprise, surprise).

Sokantish

Rumor is $1,349. I'll sell my Black for at least $400, so it should come in around the original Titan price for me. I dunno if I'll be there at launch though. I want to upgrade to X99, 8 core 5960x platform first.

This guy puts titan x another way :

When do you want to play?

Greg

GG, brent

that last drive of yours was fucking depressing all runs and underneath stuff, nothing I could do

brentech

GG, brent

that last drive of yours was fucking depressing all runs and underneath stuff, nothing I could do
I felt the same way running the drive. I audibled some routes trying to pick up chunks and your safeties would pick it right up. Kept having to dump off for like 4 yards.
But Yea, it felt shitty just having the drive.

Gg

Top Bottom