• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

lol no suspension needed! i haven't seen it in years but it used to "trick" the offensive line so you would get a guy who would normally be blocked coming free. not sure that it did anything but best to just not use it

I'll go into practice mode and see if that happens, cause that's not the intention at all. I just know on some plays it's a pass, and instead of playing cover 4 I like to play Cover 3 with an extra LB being used as a man/zone coverage played by me. I saw Smokey use it on 3rd and long by putting OLB and DE into man coverage and double team people.

Wow Big Boss is such a cheater

I bring shame to my family

Mrbob

Idk, when I change coverage to like curl zone, it moves the dude sometimes in the direction of the stick, and then I try to get him back into position and then it overshoots the original position and stuff. I wasn't running him around in circles, I was just trying to find a comfy position that looked like where he originally was, at least for the o-line most of the time. I guess I was dropping back into the MLB position before the snap sometimes, and it's just something I do sometimes out of instinct to get a better position for pass coverage.

Like I said, I'll be extra sure to make sure they don't move around and I don't do that, I'll rewatch your game and make sure it's fixed, if it happens again suspend me or do what ever you gotta do!

Now I feel bad about the game :(, if you think what I was doing was fucked and effected the game please suspend a player or something!

Your punishment is to trade Theo Alford to me.

Sokantish

I'll go into practice mode and see if that happens, cause that's not the intention at all. I just know on some plays it's a pass, and instead of playing cover 4 I like to play Cover 3 with an extra LB being used as a man/zone coverage played by me. I saw Smokey use it on 3rd and long by putting OLB and DE into man coverage and double team people.

I bring shame to my family

It's okay to cheat, just don't do it against FMT or you'll get booted. You messed up big time.

BigAT

Playing a game with eznark, Ferny and Az that has friendly fire...

What could go wrong?
Emoticon_aaaah.gif
Emoticon_aaaah.gif
Emoticon_aaaah.gif

Mrbob

Holy shit, the TE the CPU got for me is a beast. Shrugging off tackles, making diving sideline catches. This is like my ultimate player, a great TE. I never want to stop playing this version of Madden now.

That was so dumb too when your blitzer stopped right in front of my QB on the PA pass. They were having a conversation and then my QB took off and threw for a first down.

LegoDad

Good game. Couldn't stop Foles and the crossing routes. Then Stafford overthrows twice and both are picked.

Wish my players could warp 10 yards to knock the ball down, they just watch it fly by.

Helldivers is a lot of fun and even more fun with madden/dota bros!

i look forward to playing it for 2 weeks and never playing again as with all non-madden/dota games

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG Blue

Helldivers is a lot of fun and even more fun with madden/dota bros!

i look forward to playing it for 2 weeks and never playing again as with all non-madden/dota games

2 weeks? Thats being generous.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Confidence is the absolute dumbest thing in the game. Completely broken and completely unfair.

Why do you say that?

Your new system was giving me a lot of issues and your defense is much improved. I got lucky in the second half and got SUPER lucky that the fumble was overturned. GG.

Colasante

GG GQ.

My past two games have pretty much killed off any interest I still had in this version of Madden. I literally can't throw a pass more than ten yards without it being intercepted and I can't remember the last time one of my defenders caught an interception of their own. Madden gonna Madden, but it's just not fun anymore.

McNei1y

Why do you say that?

Your new system was giving me a lot of issues and your defense is much improved. I got lucky in the second half and got SUPER lucky that the fumble was overturned. GG.

Because it literally is. It drops the important attributes by an avg of 7-8 points. I had the same old system I've used this season with a few new plays. I just went to practice and ran it for an hour to get familiar with some options. That's where the scramble came in more. Everything was hitting in stride. Receivers were holding onto balls and RGIII was getting them there in precise fashion. Now this is a less improved RGIII from the franchise one.

Yet with 0 confidence (like 13 of my other guys) he overthrows 4 receivers (1 which gets picked off) and under throws 3 guys(2 which get picked off) when they were working just fine in practice. These passes were also regular directional passing plays. I'm familiar that miscalculation is a part of the game and that you did it here and there but I was amazed at how bad it was. Over threw Pierre (a 76 spd slow ass running a cross route) by like 5 yards. How is that even possible. He had a wide open area and he over throws a slow guy not even leading him.

My defense acts as if they are completely new to the game... Allowing passes go right by them in their zone. I understand zone is Something which can be easily beaten anyway but it just collapses tenfold when confidence is low. I believe Riley just stood there 4 times when your tight end/receiver did a slant route into his area.ive seen every other team have a guy bat it down or try to pick it. He just stood there.

Now this last one is also because they suck anyways but my line gets absurdly demolished. I completely understand your d rush game is complete domination. I get that. But there is no way an NFL line should allow their qb to get rushed every play. I counted that you had 7 tfl on 36 tackles with 4 of then being sacks. 5 of those were against my run game. 2 more were tackles at the line of scrimmage. And one more being a 1 yard gain. Outstanding on your part. For real it is. And then to not even have a run game in the NFL is dumb. How can an NFL team have 8 rushing yards on 10 attempts? One of which was a 6 yard run by its qb. It's a small sample size but it was just tfl after tfl. My entire line should have an average 82rbk. Not great but still adequate. Most of them are floating around 77 because of confidence with the exception of Trent Williams and a newly signed free agent keeping their 85s.

I knew confidence was an issue but messing around in practice and playing one cheese game online made me realize how much of a difference a team with confidence above 50 is.

Now I'm not taking this away or making it a gg but. You and your team are solid and always have been. It's a shock to be even down 3 like that. But it's also upsetting a feature exists where bad teams get worse. But I know why I'm even in this position. I lost all of those games and never got better. I'm a major part of the problem. I just did make sure to note all of this stuff after that cheese game and practice though. I wanted to see how noticeable the confidence is. And thinking back to the first season in this game, alot of my plays were connecting on all fronts at least occasionally.

McNei1y

Rant post is rant. Get rid of confidence and I'll go back to the regularly scheduled programming of bitching about blowing games in the 4th quarter.

GQman2121

Banned
GG GQ.

My past two games have pretty much killed off any interest I still had in this version of Madden. I literally can't throw a pass more than ten yards without it being intercepted and I can't remember the last time one of my defenders caught an interception of their own. Madden gonna Madden, but it's just not fun anymore.

GG.

I had an accuracy issue last week too where the ball just wasn't going anywhere near the receiver on the majority of my passes. It seems random as shit. I played extremely conservative this game because I didn't want to risk having that happen again. I had one get away from me this game on a slant that I hot routed and your defender dropped it low to the ground.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The confidence system seems like it punishes people for losing. Its not too hard to get everyone thats important on your team to 75+ once you start winning but thats kind of the hard part, especially when everyones confidence rating has already dropped.

Top Bottom