• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Jarate

Banned
GG man, your wideouts couldnt get off my corners all game, just had to play a lot of man to man all game and focus on Olsen

Some really awful passes by Cam too

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Because it literally is. It drops the important attributes by an avg of 7-8 points. I had the same old system I've used this season with a few new plays. I just went to practice and ran it for an hour to get familiar with some options. That's where the scramble came in more. Everything was hitting in stride. Receivers were holding onto balls and RGIII was getting them there in precise fashion. Now this is a less improved RGIII from the franchise one.

Yet with 0 confidence (like 13 of my other guys) he overthrows 4 receivers (1 which gets picked off) and under throws 3 guys(2 which get picked off) when they were working just fine in practice. These passes were also regular directional passing plays. I'm familiar that miscalculation is a part of the game and that you did it here and there but I was amazed at how bad it was. Over threw Pierre (a 76 spd slow ass running a cross route) by like 5 yards. How is that even possible. He had a wide open area and he over throws a slow guy not even leading him.

My defense acts as if they are completely new to the game... Allowing passes go right by them in their zone. I understand zone is Something which can be easily beaten anyway but it just collapses tenfold when confidence is low. I believe Riley just stood there 4 times when your tight end/receiver did a slant route into his area.ive seen every other team have a guy bat it down or try to pick it. He just stood there.

Now this last one is also because they suck anyways but my line gets absurdly demolished. I completely understand your d rush game is complete domination. I get that. But there is no way an NFL line should allow their qb to get rushed every play. I counted that you had 7 tfl on 36 tackles with 4 of then being sacks. 5 of those were against my run game. 2 more were tackles at the line of scrimmage. And one more being a 1 yard gain. Outstanding on your part. For real it is. And then to not even have a run game in the NFL is dumb. How can an NFL team have 8 rushing yards on 10 attempts? One of which was a 6 yard run by its qb. It's a small sample size but it was just tfl after tfl. My entire line should have an average 82rbk. Not great but still adequate. Most of them are floating around 77 because of confidence with the exception of Trent Williams and a newly signed free agent keeping their 85s.

I knew confidence was an issue but messing around in practice and playing one cheese game online made me realize how much of a difference a team with confidence above 50 is.

Now I'm not taking this away or making it a gg but. You and your team are solid and always have been. It's a shock to be even down 3 like that. But it's also upsetting a feature exists where bad teams get worse. But I know why I'm even in this position. I lost all of those games and never got better. I'm a major part of the problem. I just did make sure to note all of this stuff after that cheese game and practice though. I wanted to see how noticeable the confidence is. And thinking back to the first season in this game, alot of my plays were connecting on all fronts at least occasionally.

I agree that RG3 got worse as the game went on. I thought it was moreso that I finally started getting to you and it was making you skittish.

That one pass right next to Riley was insane. I am surprised my TE even got that. I agree 100% that Riley should have reacted.

Against your run game I crashed left and blitzed over the left because you only ran in that direction except for one time. When we played last night, that's why you had so much success running right with RG3. It's essentially overloading where I think you will run and then trying to hedge with JPP on the right side, but you only tried me when you were at the GL and the defenders would have gotten there anyway.

This is lame though. In the other league I have a team that is actually pretty on par with this one (Giants as well) and I am having a hard time with the execution of plays that should be normal.

Jarate

Banned
GG Jarate. Nice comeback for you. I couldn't get anything going after those first couple drives.

well no wonder why, your top 2 wr's have speeds of 64 and 70

ya'll should pick up some wr's on waivers, your current ones are too slow

dcx has had to leave the league for personal reasons (and the casual league too). not sure if the falcons have already played this week but i'll set them to AP until a replacement can be found

McNei1y

Fuck comcast. Running completely fine and then the modem resets. Now nothing can connect to the Internet even though all of the correct lights are illuminated. I really wanted to play 2k all night.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck comcast. Running completely fine and then the modem resets. Now nothing can connect to the Internet even though all of the correct lights are illuminated. I really wanted to play 2k all night.

Sounds like comcast did you a favor

McNei1y

Sounds like comcast did you a favor

Playing a trash game on a trash ISP is pretty torture. But my Ebola Scola is so money. Something about creating a character and playing as a team with them is addicting. Eashl better be back.

GG Nightz as always. I threw this game away time and time again. Those 10 straight punts inside the the 10 were annoying as hell though. EA needs to allow the commish to set it on or off. Fuckin stupid

CB3

word on the street is you're selfish in DOTA

is this true

I mean i mostly play mid and hard carry these days which necessitates selfishness alot of the time

So sure, that applies.

But i die trying to save teammates too!

Nightz

GG Nightz as always. I threw this game away time and time again. Those 10 straight punts inside the the 10 were annoying as hell though. EA needs to allow the commish to set it on or off. Fuckin stupid

GG. Thought the game was going to give you the home field edge after the facemask call on the 4th down stop.

DMczaf

CB said you owned this:

51d9TANCDNL.jpg

Confirm/deny.

tumblr_ndfzyvuUJN1qgk7zxo1_400.gif

CB3

Dave Snider ‏@enemykite 18m18 minutes ago
Think Dota 2 finally clicked for me. Understand the game much better now. Been playing a Shadow Shaman full support. Ward, push, disable.

Dave reclaiming his "Secret best Giantbomb member" title.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Week Advanced

Week 1 Awards:

NFC OPOTW: Trap Martin (Bucs) 25 Carries 120 yards 1 td. 4 catches 32 yards 1 TD
NFC DPOTW: C. Hayward: (Packers) 2 Tackles 2 INT's 1 TD

AFC OPOTW: Demarius Thomas (Titans) 3 Catches 145 yards 2 TD's
AFC DPOTW: Wesley Woodyard (Titants) 7 Tackles 3 INT's

I assume the advance is tomorrow at 7:30 PT?

Nightz, I am ready to get whooped by you at any point tomorrow night and likely whenever on Sunday. Last time we played you dominated me.

-----------

Man I get McNeily's frustration but he really worked me in the first half of our game before the disconnect and for most of the first half last night. He was up 10-0 and I was able to score at around 58 seconds left to make it 10-7. I got very lucky with an interception like a play or two later that gave me the ball at around the 25 yard line. Was able to score a TD and take the lead.

His passing offense was much improved and was giving me a hard time. He had like a 13 play 7 minute drive. I was absolutely CRUSHING RG3, frankly I am surprised he didn't get hurt. I feel like after every play it showed him getting up from the ground. Baby Bjoern only had the one sack but he got there 3-4 other times to force an incompletion.

If he could get any running game going it would be impossible to stop him. Drizzler really pounded me with Boris "Diaw" Reeves so I wanted to focus on not allowing a single fucking yard and it worked.

I think this year is going to be really fun. We all have good personnel and I was down 9 against Drizz in the first half then 10 against McNeily. Our skills gap is pretty close and now the personnel gap is very narrow too. Should be a fucking blast.

Nightz

I assume the advance is tomorrow at 7:30 PT?

Nightz, I am ready to get whooped by you at any point tomorrow night and likely whenever on Sunday. Last time we played you dominated me.
I honestly don't think I've ever beaten you since I started playing in this league with Madden 10 (
I have also yet to crack DM-ball
). Maybe you're thinking of someone else? Anyways, I should be around tomorrow night after 10:30 EST. Sunday afternoon/evening works too. Or I can play today if we advance early.

eznark

Banned
Who knew McNeily could type sentences let alone paragraphs!?

LJ I probably can't go tonight, will you be able to play Friday?

Dave Snider ‏@enemykite 18m18 minutes ago
Think Dota 2 finally clicked for me. Understand the game much better now. Been playing a Shadow Shaman full support. Ward, push, disable.

Dave reclaiming his "Secret best Giantbomb member" title.

What does Dave Snider even do at giant bomb anymore lol I forget

TheCrow

What level did you hit?

All I wanted to do when playing dota was to quit and play helldivers....

I think it unlocked at 11 and thats when I stopped playing. I also tried some solo missions and anything at level 5 and above is almost impossible. Even level 4 planets were giving me trouble.

eznark

Banned
Basically unplayable on the vita. Reloading works like 20% of the time and if your wifi drops for any period of time you get booted

Top Bottom