• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get Birdman next.

doom-has-pimpcup_7806.jpg

I've been waiting for this one since last season.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I should be shocked but im not. The NCAA is shameless

This is the #1 link on reddit for me:

Please do NOT get H1Z1 due to manipulative lies told by developers!

You backed the wrong horse, somnia!

I should be shocked but im not. The NCAA is shameless

This is the #1 link on reddit for me:

You backed the wrong horse, somnia!

Honestly reading the dev commentary on this reminds me of why I left that one job I had. Promise one thing, then release something completely different in terms of monetization.

How many child molesters did USC harbor and protect? It must have been way more than PSU since those sanctions actually stuck.

Clearly all those times Pete Carroll was talking to underprivileged youth and steering them clear of gangs and a life of crime he was committing an act more treacherous than Jerry Sandusky diddling boys in a shower.

Somnia

Honestly reading the dev commentary on this reminds me of why I left that one job I had. Promise one thing, then release something completely different in terms of monetization.

Clearly all those times Pete Carroll was talking to underprivileged youth and steering them clear of gangs and a life of crime he was committing an act more treacherous than Jerry Sandusky diddling boys in a shower.

Except in the last 3 months they've been very upfront about the air drops just these people making photos are leaving that part out. Today's patch changes them quite a bit in the distance they drop near you is much further out, plane comes in slower and drops slower and the chance of guns is extremely low. This game is a free to play mmo its going to have this kind of stuff, these air drops are not "pay to win". Just like rust you can and will get wiped out and lose it. Also requires the server to be 50% full to call in for this reason.

Edit: I have 0 issues with the air drops. Buy em if you want, I'll just come kill everyone and take the loot lol

Somnia

The funny thing about this agenda against the air drops is they have said all along (and in that photo) that CRATES will not contain weapons, guess what... they don't. Crates you earn while playing you have to pay $2.50 to unlock and only contain cosmetic gear like Dota 2 basically.

In August they announced Air Drops and said right then that they would include Guns... yet everyone is blowing up when this was ALL KNOWN.

Brent: It's like DayZ and it isn't. It's much more MMO than DayZ for sure. I've only put like 2 hour into it, but I'll stream it tonight and play all night.

brentech

The funny thing about this agenda against the air drops is they have said all along (and in that photo) that CRATES will not contain weapons, guess what... they don't. Crates you earn while playing you have to pay $2.50 to unlock and only contain cosmetic gear like Dota 2 basically.

Dev Blog said:
8) We have made the decision to allow paid for airdrops into the game with things like guns and other things being randomly selected as part of the airdrop. We’re making them highly contested and building a whole set of rules around this, but you should be aware that our goal is to make this a way to keep things interesting on the servers but still be contested. If these offend your sensibilities just know that they are going to be there. We have gone out of our way to make sure the airdrops are contested in-game and that you can’t simply expect to easily walk about to the airdrop and grab it. Even if you paid for it.
I don't think I'm against that idea so long as they're contested, but what I bolded completely contradicts what you said. Unless you somehow mean something else.

Somnia

I don't think I'm against that idea so long as they're contested, but what I bolded completely contradicts what you said. Unless you somehow mean something else.

How does that contradict what I said?

Crates and Air Drops are two different items.

Crates are random things you earn over time while playing and put in your account inventory. You have to buy keys to unlock them and they only contain cosmetic items.

Air drops were decided in August and announced and we were told there would be guns and be highly contested. At launch (yesterday) they could be called in with no server limit, theyd drop right on you and drop fast and have a high % chance to drop guns. With today's update they drop far away from you, the plane comes in slow so everyone can hear/see it, it parachutes down slowly like rust, it swarms with zombies (20-50 at a time) and has a very low chance of dropping guns.

edit: Darn you Crow

brentech

I thought the entire point you were making is that you couldn't buy weapons. Not just that crates don't contain them (like I said, maybe you meant something else).
So basically, you can purchase a chance at getting weapons. As stated above, I'm largely okay with that. Something kind of seems wrong with it, and maybe I'd prefer it just be on a timer if you're going to restrict times though. I dunno

Air drops were great in rust.
I just died whenever I went for them in Rust :(

Gotta be super sneaky, ie, be the only person to find it.

Somnia

I thought the entire point you were making is that you couldn't buy weapons. Not just that crates don't contain them (like I said, maybe you meant something else).
So basically, you can purchase a chance at getting weapons. As stated above, I'm largely okay with that. Something kind of seems wrong with it, and maybe I'd prefer it just be on a timer if you're going to restrict times though. I dunno

Air drops were great in rust.

Gotta be super sneaky, ie, be the only person to find it.

I get why some people are upset but it has been known for months. Smedly admitted they weren't working right last night and were very pay to win, with today's fixed they aren't.Gun drop chance is like under 10% now or something. You can still get food/water/materials though.

Mrbob

Vacating wins is shallow anyway. Paterno won those games. He is a winning head coach who turned a blind eye to a child rapist.

Mrbob

Yeah I'm happy with the hire. Bears have a real head coach again. Now the team needs to draft well for about 3 straight years and there might be something.

Top Bottom