• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

DJ Bowser

i used to say things like this and deny dota. There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because this is a madden thread, or because dota-age thinks I should. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid kid who said those terrible things about dota. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are, but I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Madden? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on talking about your madden, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit.

I wish I could tell you that FMT fought the good fight, and the Smokey let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but Madden is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - Madden consists of shitty overpowered defenses, and then more ballhawking. Every so often, FMT would lose. The Seahawks kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for FMT - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if Bowser were a permanent fixture in the league, this place would be much greater.

I wish I could tell you that FMT fought the good fight, and the Smokey let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but Madden is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - Madden consists of shitty overpowered defenses, and then more ballhawking. Every so often, FMT would lose. The Seahawks kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for FMT - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for him, and I also believe that if Bowser were a permanent fixture in the league, this place would be much greater.

2530667-3774082535-Littl.gif

Muse released a new track!

But it's pretty lame.

its probably their best song in 8 years though. but i agree. it wouldn't be so bad without the fucking stupid drill sergeant talking in the background. it at least gives me a glimmer of hope that the album won't be complete dog shit after the past 2 albums. where did matt bellamy go so wrong? was it kate hudson?

DJ Bowser

its probably their best song in 8 years though. but i agree. it wouldn't be so bad without the fucking stupid drill sergeant talking in the background. it at least gives me a glimmer of hope that the album won't be complete dog shit after the past 2 albums. where did matt bellamy go so wrong? was it kate hudson?
You really didn't like The Resistance?

I'd rank it below pretty much everything prior to it (and well below Black Holes & Revelations and Absolution) but I thought a few songs on it were great. It also got me to read 1984!

2nd Law was definitely weak with a couple glimmers of good songs. My big issue with the songs I enjoy from it are that they're almost aping from the songs that influenced them. I'm at least expecting no Dubstep on this album.

You really didn't like The Resistance?

I'd rank it below pretty much everything prior to it (and well below Black Holes & Revelations and Absolution) but I thought a few songs on it were great. It also got me to read 1984!

2nd Law was definitely weak with a couple glimmers of good songs. My big issue with the songs I enjoy from it are that they're almost aping from the songs that influenced them. I'm at least expecting no Dubstep on this album.

no i didn't. its like matt is trying to turn the band into some type of "FIGHT THE POWER!" anti-government type thing. you can say its tongue in cheek or that they're just fucking around but if the lyrics and music suck dick then who cares? matt talked about how much he loved rage against the machine and it seems that he is trying to be UK's ratm but ratm was sincere and muse just comes off like jokers when they try to do that shit.

i mean listen to this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWTuKd2lTo4

sounds like a fucking aaliyah song. most times artists get too full of themselves as time goes on and try to do something new rather than something good

Greg

if only smokey were around. if only!

greg give me some new music recommendations. once a week i'll poke around amazon prime free music and download some random stuff but nothing is catching my attention as of late!
This year has been pretty boring with music so far... Enslaved, Periphery, Sylosis, and Keep of Kalessin were all disappointing. Listened to about 75 new bands with nothing that really stuck out to me as a whole. There's still some stuff to come this year that should deliver though - new Sophie Hunger, Gojira, A Loathing Requiem, Balthazar, The Black Dahlia Murder.

some solid full releases from this year:
Rishloo (easily my favorite so far)
Alkaloid
Psycroptic

some relatively recent stuff that might be more up your alley:
Dioramic
Night Verses
Closure in Moscow
Destrage

I'm convinced FMT, Greg, and bowser are speaking another language right now...

I assume this is how it feels to be a non doto player in this thread D:

This year has been pretty boring with music so far... Enslaved, Periphery, Sylosis, and Keep of Kalessin were all disappointing. Listened to about 75 new bands with nothing that really stuck out to me as a whole. There's still some stuff to come this year that should deliver though - new Sophie Hunger, Gojira, A Loathing Requiem, Balthazar, The Black Dahlia Murder.

some solid full releases from this year:
Rishloo (easily my favorite so far)
Alkaloid
Psycroptic

some relatively recent stuff that might be more up your alley:
Dioramic
Night Verses
Closure in Moscow
Destrage

checking out now. thanks breh!

I wont have people disrespecting 90's RnB in this thread!

i actually like aaliyah! my concern is i don't want to hear 90's RnB when i listen to muse

where is smokey! i got shit to do this afternoon!

ok i dont have anything to do. my wife went over to her parents for the day (or she is cheating on me and just lying about going over to her parents). come on smokey im fucking bored!

DJ Bowser

no i didn't. its like matt is trying to turn the band into some type of "FIGHT THE POWER!" anti-government type thing. you can say its tongue in cheek or that they're just fucking around but if the lyrics and music suck dick then who cares? matt talked about how much he loved rage against the machine and it seems that he is trying to be UK's ratm but ratm was sincere and muse just comes off like jokers when they try to do that shit.

i mean listen to this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWTuKd2lTo4

sounds like a fucking aaliyah song. most times artists get too full of themselves as time goes on and try to do something new rather than something good

Undisclosed Desires was probably my least favorite song they played when I saw them live a couple years ago. It's pretty bad- I can't comprehend why it was a single. I'd say the Resistance was a continuation of the anti-authority themes they've had for a while (especially on Black Holes & Revelations). I would never confuse Bellamy with a great lyricist but his choruses are at least fairly catchy. The themes and whatnot, if given any deep thought, can be laughable. I love their music but never give the lyrics much analysis.

I really dug Resistance and Uprising and the piano solo in United States of Eurasia he took from Indiana Jones was pretty boss! Different strokes for different folks.

Greg- do you like Periphery at all? My guitarist is huge into them and I know they're one of those death metal groups you seem to adore. Musically, I enjoy them but the vocals of that whole genre are off-putting to me.

DJ Bowser

http://youtu.be/WKoxc16w26k. Just listen to prog rock brehs

Steven Wilson came out with a new album too

Theres so many prog rock hidden gems that I can keep myself satiated with "new" music for the coming years even though Rock and Roll is effectively dead

I love King Crimson and Pink Floyd... what modern prog folks would you recommend for me?

Don't say Dream Theater, plz (though I dig their instrumentals).

Top Bottom