• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

brentech

Did you forget how Daylight Savings Time works again?

lol, this time, that wasn't the case, I fixed my rainmeter clock! That was the worst + dumbest thing. Had I just looked at my phone, my actual computer clock or my watch.....

This time, wife had just popped in and wanted me to hang a new shelf unit in the MBR and couldn't decide where, told her to decide and I'd do it after the game. Put headphones back on and looked at screen to realize I missed it come up.

I only use rainmeter on my right monitor, but for whatever reason, the clock doesn't auto update for time changes unless I refresh the skin. I wasn't aware of it and that's where I look all the damn time.

s38l8Lc.png

brentech

First city a resounding success! Spent all my money playing with roads. No infrastructure. Broke in like a month!

Yeah. I did that a couple times before getting anything off the ground. You really have to build slow, and that can ruin some good ideas you have for long term planning.
I still need to be more willing to destroy early game projects, but I'm pretty sure you don't get any of that money back unless recently constructed.

At this moment. I'm taking a step back and letting the city do it's thing for a bit before I add anything else. @ 3900 population in this new game, with 4300 income

Well I'm definitely not doing anything cheesy because I fucking suck and can't score points!

And I'll never forget DM running trap 14 times on me in week 1!

i dont think its a matter of being completely cheesy vs. we've played this game for 6 months and you kind of know what has the chance to work and what has minimal chance of working. people are going to run drags, crossing routes and slants because they can be completed. they aren't unstoppable but you take those routes vs. out routes, or comeback routes or posts which are low % passes in this years version. i try to run some variety in routes but to be honest its a tough sell to throw a deep out on 3rd and 7 when im almost sure its going to be a zone with someone dropping underneath to take away the out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
i dont think its a matter of being completely cheesy vs. we've played this game for 6 months and you kind of know what has the chance to work and what has minimal chance of working. people are going to run drags, crossing routes and slants because they can be completed. they aren't unstoppable but you take those routes vs. out routes, or comeback routes or posts which are low % passes in this years version. i try to run some variety in routes but to be honest its a tough sell to throw a deep out on 3rd and 7 when im almost sure its going to be a zone with someone dropping underneath to take away the out.

I think we have to look at the flip side of the equation, the problem is on defense. The defenses we call are all the same. There are only so many routes that beat those zones. Therefore those routes are what get called.

I think we have to look at the flip side of the equation, the problem is on defense. The defenses we call are all the same. There are only so many routes that beat those zones. Therefore those routes are what get called.

also true. i've been seeing some more man coverage (i've been running it a lot more myself as well). it's not as powerful as last year was but because people run so many of those slants/crossing/drags, man defense with manual coverage mixed in can still be pretty effective. but if your opponent recognizes it quickly enough, and has a few different types of routes called, then can move on to something in their route combo that can beat man

Mrbob

There is also the opposite too. Seen so many similar routes it is getting easier to know what those routes are going to be pre snap.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I kinda came to terms with what this game and league would be at some point in season two. Yeah the game is junk and we're sort of backed into a corner, but i felt like i was still seeing some people walk or cross over that "line" way more than i did in previous years. So there was just an acceptance that if those were the lengths people were going to take to try and win a stupid madden game, then they could have it.

I agree with welli. The key to defense to stop the high percentage plays and let them have the curls and outs. I've been mixing in more and more man as this version goes on. I predict inside pass a ton too.

I kinda came to terms with what this game and league would be at some point in season two. Yeah the game is junk and we're sort of backed into a corner, but i felt like i was still seeing some people walk or cross over that "line" way more than i did in previous years. So there was just an acceptance that if those were the lengths people were going to take to try and win a stupid madden game, then they could have it.

we should cheese more in dota

maybe we could win!

:(

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We win all the time!

I have some ridiculous 75% win rate with eznark over a the past few weeks or something.

brentech

5000 population. Need to double for the Hydro Power Plant, then I can destroy all my coal since I have no oil around me. Everything that is down right now is pretty tightly compacted, but I might start giving things a little more breathing room and then expand west over the river.

We win all the time!

Not us 'we' :(

Shakeville 1.0 is going pretty good so far. Hit 20k population, got about a mil in the bank, and no major city issues. Though traffic will soon be one.

General layout: I have the rich side of town over the bridge on the hills. The poor people to the left by the oil industy and purple water (dont mind the purple water, its fiiiiinnneeeee)

I think im going to just sit around and wait until all my oil is gone then redevelop the entire area. Probably get rid of the water pollution as well. Gentrification sounds nice. Rich area 2.0 coming soon! Maybe i'll move all the poor people to the south across the river... i have no idea what to do with my poors (no one does)

5000 population. Need to double for the Hydro Power Plant, then I can destroy all my coal since I have no oil around me. Everything that is down right now is pretty tightly compacted, but I might start giving things a little more breathing room and then expand west over the river.

dood the hydro plants are great. They are pretty expensive initially. The one in my picture was like $75k but it produces around 180 MW

brentech

I think I just introduced gridlock in my city. fucccckkkkkk. Just a bad upgrade choice of roads. It's making it hard for cars to turn.

No mods at this point.

I like the look of your city Shake. You separated things out nicely. I didn't start doing that till late and need to trim down my early town now.

You guys using any mods?

Not yet... I might get that auto bulldoze mod and night/day cycle mod.

edit---

what did you do brent D: shouldn't upgraded roads help ease traffic? Or did you just create a terrible intersection on accident lol

editedit-

jesus, my farmers are always setting their shit on fire. I don't know what their issue is! 9/10 fires are from that area. I am about to put a fire station right in the middle of that district

brentech

Not yet... I might get that auto bulldoze mod and night/day cycle mod.

edit---

what did you do brent D: shouldn't upgraded roads help ease traffic? Or did you just create a terrible intersection on accident lol

Same intersection, but I went from a basic 2 lane road to a four lane road, and apparently they are having to wait longer at those intersections. back up everywhere around it.
I think I'm going to let my population hit 7k, then doze the majority of my city and start it kind of fresh. I have 100k banked and I'll leave the better parts of my infrastructure in place.

I think it's both the intersection, and because I packed the area like sardines. I need to give them more space.

Same intersection, but I went from a basic 2 lane road to a four lane road, and apparently they are having to wait longer at those intersections. back up everywhere around it.
I think I'm going to let my population hit 7k, then doze the majority of my city and start it kind of fresh. I have 100k banked and I'll leave the better parts of my infrastructure in place.

I think it's both the intersection, and because I packed the area like sardines. I need to give them more space.

build lots of traffic circles. Those things can handle pretty heavy traffic. Pretty much every major choke point of the city should have one I think

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn those Cities pictures are awesome. I am definitely adding it to the list...

...the list of games that I say I am going to buy and never do. It'll join Helldivers, Far Cry 4, every MLB the Show since 2012 (and onward), The Order, Walking Dead season 2, Dying Light, Dragon Age, Super Mega Baseball, Destiny, Homeworld Remastered and maybe a few others I am forgetting!

This is what I have set up for my oil industry. LOTS of oil trucks in and out of that area.

The traffic in the picture admittedly looks terrible, but in motion is actually flows in and out pretty well. If were was a 4 way stop, shit would be gridlocked to the highway.

If i added a feeder road the the houses right before the first traffic circle that would probably make it flow even better. That way the people going to their houses can skip both circles. Hmmmm i might try that right now!

edit---

Just buy it wellie it is absolutely fantastic. GOTY!

brentech

lol I keep going way too big to start! Also took me a few tries to figure out how to lay electric and water intelligently.

Generally, figure out if you're going to use coal or wind, then build near it and outwards. Then you never have to worry about paying for power lines. I don't have a single power line.
Or build your power far away and only use power lines to get to civilization, but you don't need them all around.
If i added a feeder road the the houses right before the first traffic circle that would probably make it flow even better. That way the people going to their houses can skip both circles. Hmmmm i might try that right now!

edit---

Just buy it wellie it is absolutely fantastic. GOTY!

I would probably make a one way road going into that housing as you say

Generally, figure out if you're going to use coal or wind, then build near it and outwards. Then you never have to worry about paying for power lines. I don't have a single power line.

I would probably make a one way road going into that housing as you say

Yeah i made a 2 lane one way into housing and a 2 lane one way on the other side out of industry. Shit is flowing great now!

edit-

actually wait, that might have created an issue... now a bunch of oil trucks are turning off to the right and driving all the way around through the housing to the 2nd traffic circle and then into industry. Hmmm, wonder if that is temporary or what. I'll have to sit and watch it for a while after doto

Damn those Cities pictures are awesome. I am definitely adding it to the list...

...the list of games that I say I am going to buy and never do. It'll join Helldivers, Far Cry 4, every MLB the Show since 2012 (and onward), The Order, Walking Dead season 2, Dying Light, Dragon Age, Super Mega Baseball, Destiny, Homeworld Remastered and maybe a few others I am forgetting!

I don't see bloodborne there which means you will buy. A wise decision!

Top Bottom