• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

eznark

Banned

brentech

I meant has it actually been built somewhere in the real world

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I have no idea, and the file doesn't mention a source or whatnot.
I was just reading through comments to see if anyone said anything, but nothing obvious. Did see a funny fact that if you place the park in the middle, you have to destroy the road to it, but then cops can't get there.
So when I use it, I'll be sure to just drop trees in the middle.

Greg

You still would have needed the onside kick, friend. I would have supported your attempt.
nope, that's why I was saving my 3 TOs

could've ended that drive with like 1:30 and tried for a stop

I knew those drags were going to be 95% of your offense... I couldn't play you any tighter than I did in coverage + inside/underneath - nothing helps unless you're user-controlling the first read and they make a mistake or pressure gets there really early

DJ Bowser

Hey hey hey!

The drags only came out in the 2nd half. I think I may have thrown one the entire first half... unless you consider slants to be drags as well. Other than in a couple short yardage situations, I don't think I abused the drags at all. I also finally got my run game going!

eznark

Banned
nope, that's why I was saving my 3 TOs

could've ended that drive with like 1:30 and tried for a stop

I knew those drags were going to be 95% of your offense... I couldn't play you any tighter than I did in coverage + inside/underneath - nothing helps unless you're user-controlling the first read and they make a mistake or pressure gets there really early

Use controlled linebackers work pretty well. Or manually dropping a defensive end. I always like that one. Peppers pick 6's make me smile, and my Raji interception against Bob last year is jerk it material.

Greg

Hey hey hey!

The drags only came out in the 2nd half. I think I may have thrown one the entire first half... unless you consider slants to be drags as well. Other than in a couple short yardage situations, I don't think I abused the drags at all. I also finally got my run game going!
it was 14-14 going into the 2nd half and you had like 9 plays run at that point!

you didn't cheese or anything - I'm just saying I don't know what other adjustments are possible to make when I sell out for them and it still doesn't work

Use controlled linebackers work pretty well. Or manually dropping a defensive end. I always like that one. Peppers pick 6's make me smile, and my Raji interception against Bob last year is jerk it material.
a couple times I had an end dropping back, but I guess I'll have to try manually controlling him next time

the few times I made a good read inside with the user LB there was enough time for it to work its way open towards the sideline because I couldn't get any pressure

I wish you could force the other LBs up more in their zone

DJ Bowser

it was 14-14 going into the 2nd half and you had like 9 plays run at that point!

you didn't cheese or anything - I'm just saying I don't know what other adjustments are possible to make when I sell out for them and it still doesn't work

Alright, cool. I try to play a fair game that will be fun for my opponent too. I honestly have a nagging voice in my head as I'm calling plays- "Oh god, that's super similar to that other play I ran... I can't run another screen here... ooh mesh looks good but fuck, mesh is broken..."

I also try to throw a lot of deep routes that aren't just streaks... a big reason Luck has 13 INTs this year. Safties break too well!

As a side-note for Welli, I pumped a lot of PREC into my SS over the off-season and I remember you asking if I noticed a difference in him. I definitely have. It hasn't affected have he plays coverage at all, but he's noticeably almost always there on run plays now.

brentech

As a side-note for Welli, I pumped a lot of PREC into my SS over the off-season and I remember you asking if I noticed a difference in him. I definitely have. It hasn't affected have he plays coverage at all, but he's noticeably almost always there on run plays now.

On the site it says: "Play Recognition (PRC) – Reacting to run or pass and defending specific routes. Also reacting properly to play action or screen plays."
I think in game play recognition says it should stop the player from being faked out, so that makes sense. Basically more able to read the run and direction of it probably. I do buy into the 'doesn't bite on fakes as much'. Not sure about reading routes, but maybe.

A side note, since in game, AWR just says 'affects most things' or some bullshit like that, on the website it says, "Awareness (AWR) – Reacting to the other players on the field, both teammates and opponents." So I still have almost no idea.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
On the site it says: "Play Recognition (PRC) – Reacting to run or pass and defending specific routes. Also reacting properly to play action or screen plays."
I think in game play recognition says it should stop the player from being faked out, so that makes sense. Basically more able to read the run and direction of it probably. I do buy into the 'doesn't bite on fakes as much'. Not sure about reading routes, but maybe.

A side note, since in game, AWR just says 'affects most things' or some bullshit like that, on the website it says, "Awareness (AWR) – Reacting to the other players on the field, both teammates and opponents." So I still have almost no idea.

Should allow for better open field blocking, pursuit angles, zone coverage, and blitz pickup.

You guys rip me but I saw the commercial for Bloodborne again last night and still feel it's a shit representation of the graphics in the game. The IQ is terrible and they literally chose the absolute shittiest most monotone moments to highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od_Y_jbb-i0

Too much school bruh. Plus, not enough math and data.

This is sort of a problem with using in game footage in commercials to begin with.

Let's not put 2k on a pedestal either, that all pro game sucked

I'm pretty sure half this league was in the GAF All Pro League. I think we spent more time drafting our teams than we did actually playing that game.

brentech

I dozed my entire city accept some forestry industry at the top. Relocated all purchase buildings like medical centers/police/fire/schools to the left side for now.
Had $260,000 to play with to renovate the city.

This is my start using some street systems I downloaded and bridge I created. Still have $127K to play with, but I once I figure out how I want my traffic to connect to all the two major developments I'll let the city grow for a bit.
Housing will be in the development just north of the middle of the image. Ore industry in the bottom right.

gYU2R4S.jpg

Top Bottom