• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

GG Crimson, was a close one

Sorry for no huddle five with five minutes left. I was down two TD's and was either going to no huddle on the first drive or the second drive, and I choose to do it on the first one considering how hinky dinky I had to make my passes with your D covering everything.

brentech

Fucking hilarious that big boss banned brent from the stream.
He wouldn't have needed to no huddle if he played defense. (one of his lines)

Or if he caught that user catch at the end of the first half while in triple coverage. I mean, that's totally fair to attempt just because it's the end of half, right?

Fuck this guy. Tired of seeing this cheap little shit he just notches in through the game and then plays it off as if he has no idea as to what he did. Always an excuse when someone asks, then manages to give full detail on nano blitzing during another players stream.

Fucking clown man. If this league could have AIDS, he is full blown AIDS.
lol wtf? why would you ban brent?
AZ and I called him out for using no huddle with 3 time outs and 6min left. I said that was scum move.

eznark

Banned
lol wtf? why would you ban brent?

Brent is a no huddle crusader and the reason I stopped using it completely. It's actually hilarious how much better it is to not use no huddle if you can play real offense. Kill the entire clock without a care!

Or you could use no huddle like a bitch made bitch.

Ferny

Brent is a no huddle crusader and the reason I stopped using it completely. It's actually hilarious how much better it is to not use no huddle if you can play real offense. Kill the entire clock without a care!

You moved fucking Nelson to TE so let's not act like you're some saint of playing by the books bro.

i dont use no-huddle either. i did use it once to spike the ball though!

You moved fucking Nelson to TE so let's not act like you're some saint of playing by the books bro.

lol 0 speed nelson. what a treat it was to see in action

brentech

The thing is, he took the time to type into chat "time to no huddle". So he knows what he was doing. It wasn't bad enough that he did it, it's the way he did it and the circumstances.

We all said something in chat. I just called him scum for it, based on the fact that he basically pointed it out like Babe Ruth would call out a home run at the plate....only that shit was legit.

HarmfulHeartyLacewing.gif

Ferny

So some people are in favor of No Huddle being used AT no point in a game. Even when down two scores with 5-6 minutes left?

eznark

Banned
So some people are in favor of No Huddle being used AT no point in a game. Even when down two scores with 5-6 minutes left?

It's an automatic touchdown unless you are retarded. I don't mind it necessarily, if someone uses it against me I use it against them so it cancels out.

Smokey

LostBigBoss has fully embraced FYIDM .

Step 1 is not giving two fucks about what people say.

Step 2 is to refine your FYIDM craft

Step 3 is pass your teachings to others

He has become one with the culture. There is no turning back.

LostBigBoss gives no fucks

Ferny

It's an automatic touchdown unless you are retarded. I don't mind it necessarily, if someone uses it against me I use it against them so it cancels out.

I can tell you, I have had no huddles run on me quite often this season and more often than not, it hasn't been an automatic touchdown. If you never audible out of the last play you were using, I can see it being an issue. But I always audible something.

I do play line tho so maybe that has something to do with it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its not automatic. And i think while beneficial, is a bit overstated. People do way worse in this league.

Though if you run something people think is cheesy, you gotta be ready for the shaming that will ensue after. Especially if you brag about it in the chat before.*

* I was not watching the game or chat so im just going of what has been said in here

He wouldn't have needed to no huddle if he played defense. (one of his lines)

Or if he caught that user catch at the end of the first half while in triple coverage. I mean, that's totally fair to attempt just because it's the end of half, right?

Fuck this guy. Tired of seeing this cheap little shit he just notches in through the game and then plays it off as if he has no idea as to what he did. Always an excuse when someone asks, then manages to give full detail on nano blitzing during another players stream.

Fucking clown man. If this league could have AIDS, he is full blown AIDS.

AZ and I called him out for using no huddle with 3 time outs and 6min left. I said that was scum move.

When I switched to circle, I didn't press triangle to catch it, I didn't even move him. I threw it when it was one on one coverage until the ball was halfway in the air and two defenders closed ranks. I took control and stood still and let the int happen. You can watch it in the stream if you want, I save all my games. EDIT: Just watched it again, I'm like 5 yards behind the play and don't even move to the ball.

I no huddled, yup! Guilty as fucking charged. It was 14-0 with around five minutes in the game. I was either going to no huddle on that drive or the one after it, and I made a choice to do it on the first one. I called it out in stream, and I got lucky and scored within a minute and a half cause I got a guy open on a full blitz and ran it in.

Then I made a lucky stop and got a three and out, and then I scored without using no huddle and then lost cause their is no way in hell a MLB is going to defend against a 6'6" TE one on one.

Now, calling me the human incarnation of AIDS over running no huddle is a bit much, but hey, Madden is some serious fucking business. Although whatever I did to you to be such a dick is a mystery to me.

Its not automatic. And i think while beneficial, is a bit overstated. People do way worse in this league.

Though if you run something people think is cheesy, you gotta be ready for the shaming that will ensue after. Especially if you brag about it in the chat before.*

* I was not watching the game or chat so im just going of what has been said in here

Remember when I used to audible to hb fly from the gun?

brentech

Sadly, not in this version of the game (don't remember the problem existing in Madden 25 at all). Didn't come to the conclusion that it was this broke until we all realized collectively that we were all getting crushed by it at a high rate. It's not every time, but in my case I've held shutouts numerous times until someone starting running no huddle and suddenly dropped 17 on me. I never gave it a second thought until I heard other people talking about it too.
I audible to what's available and usually the 2nd or 3rd play if they don't have an incomplete, the players are either too tired or just go into high school mode and don't play their role. I don't know what it is.

I genuinely enjoy playing against a strong majority of the people in the league. I don't have a long history, but this is my 7th season and never felt like there was a lingering problem going on.

We had our problems from time to time, but nothing like the place the league is in. I think I'm the only one putting it out there wholesale (well, eznark), but I've had PMs from a few agreeing about this.
Pretty sure everyone is willing to play out the season, but there are others out there that regret putting up with it.

edit: It's a metaphor. AIDS kills people. You're killing the league, slowly, but surely. I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Remember when I used to audible to hb fly from the gun?

Fuck that shit. That was the most horseshit garbage every single time. Fucking Gore making overhand catches and holding on to it everytime after getting leveled by a safety.

Im getting mad just remembering.

brentech

Fuck that shit. That was the most horseshit garbage every single time. Fucking Gore making overhand catches and holding on to it everytime after getting leveled by a safety.

Im getting mad just remembering.

I remember getting mad at Splat last season for using like 4 screens on one drive on me (and just general screening frequently, but particularly one game). Fuck screens in Madden 25. Fuck it all. Either had to commit to defend it or get lucky that a player would just fall in front of the runner.

Ferny

I have no problem calling people out for doing dumb shit, but I do think it should be more so the person they are actually playing rather than just watching on stream. I mean it seems Crimson didn't even mind it (unless he just didn't say anything) calling people scum or AIDs or whatever just helps to create an even more toxic environment for the league.

I think my only outburst in the league was playing against Bowser and I was def out of line. I apologized to him probably 3 times via PM because I usually don't get so worked up about a game.

I feel like the environment of the league really took a nosedive this season and honestly I feel like the commish crew really needs to step up more on that regard. Maybe talk to the people in question and nip it before it gets to this point. That's why I never understood how the whole johnny park situation happened. Why announce he was kicked out of the league but don't actually kick him out of the league? That was prime for some sour shit to go down.

brentech

This is why MLB is the best game online. You can't get mad at anyone except for fictional umpires!

Can't you though ph33, can't you?
Sometimes during FIFA I wanted to strangle Drizz for not being able to get through 5 min without hitting the bong. Him just standing there with the ball in his possession. Not moving or responding to us.

Shit makes me laugh now though. We spent a lot of fucking time in clubs.

I have no problem calling people out for doing dumb shit, but I do think it should be more so the person they are actually playing rather than just watching on stream. I mean it seems Crimson didn't even mind it (unless he just didn't say anything) calling people scum or AIDs or whatever just helps to create an even more toxic environment for the league.

I think my only outburst in the league was playing against Bowser and I was def out of line. I apologized to him probably 3 times via PM because I usually don't get so worked up about a game.

I feel like the environment of the league really took a nosedive this season and honestly I feel like the commish crew really needs to step up more on that regard. Maybe talk to the people in question and nip it before it gets to this point. That's why I never understood how the whole johnny park situation happened. Why announce he was kicked out of the league but don't actually kick him out of the league? That was prime for some sour shit to go down.

talk to what people in question? people complain that this person doesn't run a variety of plays. we remind people hey lets try to mix it up! people say hey it sucks we can't have manual catching in some situations we should try it out. we try it out and people like it!

some of the complaints... i mean what can we do? short of saying hey no huddle is absolutely off limits in all cases. ok, say you do that. now lets say you have no timeouts with 13 seconds left needing to get a TD. you throw the ball, its caught and you're tackled with 10 seconds left. sorry! can't run that no huddle, you lose because of a very strict rule. no huddle sucks and i don't run it anymore aside from spiking the ball but outright banning a bunch of stuff can also hamper the enjoyment of the league

it's not easy to balance a shit load of rules pigeonholing you into a play style vs. all out fyidm. i haven't felt a "toxic" enviornment this season and have enjoyed all my games but there is the typical madden fatigue kicking in, which is why i said i thought this would be the last season. we have played it for 6 months, all the strategies are out there, we know what works and what doesn't. it is then "wtf this guy ran like a thousand drags on me!" vs. "this guy ran fucking cover 3 all game!"

if people have major issues with a playstyle or they feel someone is abusing something madden school style i'm willing to listen to anything and get it straightened out. we try to put together the league with players who gel and who know how to play the right way in this league. as the seasons go on and people drop, we have to deal with what we have. there have been some good new players and some misses over the few seasons, that's always part of madden. at some point everyone was new in the league and it takes time to see if someone is going to be a valuable league member or not. all things are remembered when considering who is in next year or whenever!

as for johnny park i mean lol. i guess we should have booted him first but could anyone have predicted that? you say its prime for some sour shit to go down but we have booted people before and never had something like that. i guess lesson learned but i have to believe 99% of people, no matter how douchey, wouldn't have done that.

its the same story every year, believe it or not, and that is why i am always reluctant to want to run leagues into a 5th season because then you are basically running till june/july and there's almost no break until the next piece of shit madden!

Top Bottom