• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
talk to what people in question? people complain that this person doesn't run a variety of plays. we remind people hey lets try to mix it up! people say hey it sucks we can't have manual catching in some situations we should try it out. we try it out and people like it!

some of the complaints... i mean what can we do? short of saying hey no huddle is absolutely off limits in all cases. ok, say you do that. now lets say you have no timeouts with 13 seconds left needing to get a TD. you throw the ball, its caught and you're tackled with 10 seconds left. sorry! can't run that no huddle, you lose because of a very strict rule. no huddle sucks and i don't run it anymore aside from spiking the ball but outright banning a bunch of stuff can also hamper the enjoyment of the league

it's not easy to balance a shit load of rules pigeonholing you into a play style vs. all out fyidm. i haven't felt a "toxic" enviornment this season and have enjoyed all my games but there is the typical madden fatigue kicking in, which is why i said i thought this would be the last season. we have played it for 6 months, all the strategies are out there, we know what works and what doesn't. it is then "wtf this guy ran like a thousand drags on me!" vs. "this guy ran fucking cover 3 all game!"

if people have major issues with a playstyle or they feel someone is abusing something madden school style i'm willing to listen to anything and get it straightened out. we try to put together the league with players who gel and who know how to play the right way in this league. as the seasons go on and people drop, we have to deal with what we have. there have been some good new players and some misses over the few seasons, that's always part of madden. at some point everyone was new in the league and it takes time to see if someone is going to be a valuable league member or not. all things are remembered when considering who is in next year or whenever!

as for johnny park i mean lol. i guess we should have booted him first but could anyone have predicted that? you say its prime for some sour shit to go down but we have booted people before and never had something like that. i guess lesson learned but i have to believe 99% of people, no matter how douchey, wouldn't have done that.

its the same story every year, believe it or not, and that is why i am always reluctant to want to run leagues into a 5th season because then you are basically running till june/july and there's almost no break until the next piece of shit madden!

Happy i didnt have to make that post!

I will say that not booting Park in game before actually booting him was a big mistake. I was gone that day and didnt catch anything until the end, but in the past ive always kinda made the post and kicked the person in game at the same time to avoid that shit.

And its not as easy as flipping a switch for us three in terms of making rules, telling people not to run certain plays, and just general moderation. Im not sure if it looks easy but its extremely hard to balance out 30 some different people and personalities who all want different things. There is rarely ever a clear cut correct move or winning answer. But we spend a decent amount of time going through these things (maybe more than most of you would think) and we try to do our best. We can always do better, but hey, so can some of you.

DJ Bowser

I think my only outburst in the league was playing against Bowser and I was def out of line. I apologized to him probably 3 times via PM because I usually don't get so worked up about a game.
I'm glad we've become bros since then.

Bowser for Madden 16 charter member.

Also, GG smokey. Eat shit and die. I'm pulling out all the cheese when I play you again. Only defense I'm gonna run is punt block man. Doolittle is FUCKED! Division crown is mine!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
gj!

I was really annoyed with my play all night and I was starting to rage pretty badly. I decided to stop before I broke something :/

we ended up winning 2 or 3 team fights after that 4v5. We could have had the comeback shake!

Not really. But holding them off was exciting!

Greg

it was foretold
q8fqJIC.gif

Smokey

Also, GG smokey. Eat shit and die. I'm pulling out all the cheese when I play you again. Only defense I'm gonna run is punt block man. Doolittle is FUCKED! Division crown is mine!

lol

Why such hate friend. We simply did what we had to do. Didn't have our mind right the previous 2 games !

DJ Bowser

lol

Why such hate friend. We simply did what we had to do. Didn't have our mind right the previous 2 games !
I've been drinking and there's so much hate in the thread. The next game is surely mine, friend. It has been fortold. This is my Super Bowl season!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
McNeily my job is squeezing the life out of me. I won't be able to play tonight. We can just have our game simmed if that's ok with you. If not you can play the AI.

I like playing my bros like CB. We run no huddle and go for it on 4th down plenty but I never feel bad when I do it or cheated when he does because the situation will always warrant it. That is some true NFC East fam action.

eznark

Banned
Shitting on someone for playing like an asshole is the only real deterrence to playing like an asshole. I guess it can sometimes make the thread combative but why don't you fuck yourself in the asshole with a pistol if you don't like it?

rinse82

I don't think anyone posted matchups:

Steelers @ Jags
Giants @ Redskins
Dolphins @ Panthers
Pats @ Jets
Falcons @ Bills
Browns @ Titans
Colts @ Texans
Vikings @ Lions
Bucs @ Saints
Ravens @ Chargers
Cowboys @ Chiefs
Cards @ Rams
Packers @ Bears (FMT GAME OF THE WEEK)
Seahawks @ 49ers

Smokey

In the past week GAF has said that I am non legit for driving a BMW (from some one who drives a 7 year old Acura TL) and now I have indirectly been told that I have no morals or standards for buying two Titan Xs lol

I love this place

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
In the past week GAF has said that I am non legit for driving a BMW (from some one who drives a 7 year old Acura TL) and now I have indirectly been told that I have no morals or standards for buying two Titan Xs lol

I love this place
Where did they talk crap about your car?

Also, you don't have morals or standards, what's the problem?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The whole purpose of this trip to Houston is for the Tx2k15 get together. One of my best friends owns a dealership and the rest of us are gear heads in general. Should be a good time.

rinse82

I love this place

Oh, you're a dirty poor who drives a 3 series?

lol that guy was a joke.

You have an '08 right? I have a '12 X3 and wondering how your maintenance has been on it now that you're past warranty period.

Smokey

Oh, you're a dirty poor who drives a 3 series?

lol that guy was a joke.

You have an '08 right? I have a '12 X3 and wondering how your maintenance has been on it now that you're past warranty period.

Yeah I have a 08 335i convert. I've got about 90k miles on it. When I bought it it had about 20k and was CPO'd.

The only thing I've had to do outside of warranty was battery. But even in warranty they don't cover it. During warranty I had to replace the water pump but that was it.

I change my oil every 5k-7k miles and try and stay on top of things and it' s worked out. 335i N54 engine can be problematic, but for myself ive had very few issues. No mods.

Smokey

The whole purpose of this trip to Houston is for the Tx2k15 get together. One of my best friends owns a dealership and the rest of us are gear heads in general. Should be a good time.

Are you here entire weekend ? What dealership? I'll PM number in case I can meet up.

Top Bottom