• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Everytime he morphs into that goddamn cheese machine I get wrecked! I can't even dodge that shit!

the key is to have some molotov's on you. probably need about 5 and just hide behind the graves and chuck them at him at the right time. the problem is he has that power drop move which you need to get the fuck out of there

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Looks like PS3 graphics.

Emoticon_laugh.gif

Cardinals guy plz

Crap are we playing this week my bad man bloodborne stole more whole tuesday!

I may be able to play late evening wednesday or do you want to set up a time for anytime in the evening thursday?

Countering with the guns in bloodborne is so fucking satisfying!

Mrbob

My goal tonight is to beat the first boss. Wish me luck. I might be a Smokey tier Souls player. :(

Even though I suck I love the pace of the combat. It is what keeps me coming back.

brentech

Finished my first season in OOTP. Indians made it to the playoffs, 91-71.
Got bumped by god damn Boston in the divisional round.

Arbitration is interesting.

Mrbob

Finished my first season in OOTP. Indians made it to the playoffs, 91-71.
Got bumped by god damn Boston in the divisional round.

Arbitration is interesting.

I'm thinking about starting over. My record is just under .500 (8-10) but I've lost two starters and two relievers in 18 games. Already bringing up players from AAA to fill in.

Ring my bell brah! I'll help you!

Have to get my bell.

eznark

Banned
I'm thinking about starting over. My record is just under .500 (8-10) but I've lost two starters and two relievers in 18 games. Already bringing up players from AAA to fill in.

I don't think you fully grasp the concept of this game Bobjamin. It doesn't REEALLY start until you've had almost complete roster turnover.

brentech

That's not worth starting over on. I had to replace star players early and often. Lost Jason Kipnis for the majority of the year, along with my top pitcher. Just gotta roll with it.
That's just two injuries in a roll of about 20+ MLB active roster injuries that were more than 2 weeks.

TheCrow

That'll probably just happen again. At the end of my 2015 Season the Cubs had an even worse record than my White Sox. And I had the second worst record in the league. :(

eznark

Banned
Stefan Janicki @thedesslock
Also played Bloodborne last night.RPG genius that I am,I somehow missed the initial weapons & fought to the first boss with fists & molotovs

Desslock continues to be the baddest mofo in games journalism....is he even in the press anymore??

Mrbob

I know Eznark says he doesn't like to be a manager, does anyone else? I've been doing half innings for game simulations but it seems to bite me at times. All of a sudden my pitcher will give up 8 runs in an inning and I'll be like "What happened?"

I don't think you fully grasp the concept of this game Bobjamin. It doesn't REEALLY start until you've had almost complete roster turnover.

I was surprised at the number of AAA players with only 2 to 2 and a half star potential. I thought I would have some more 4 star and 5 star guys. Seeing Baez having higher potential than Bryant is funny though.

TheCrow

I just sim a week at a time during the season. At the start of the season I tend to give it a month or so before I make changes to the lineup/pitching roles.

I was surprised at the number of AAA players with only 2 to 2 and a half star potential. I thought I would have some more 4 star and 5 star guys. Seeing Baez having higher potential than Bryant is funny though.
Don't sleep on 2 star players. Some of my best players are only 2 stars. Plus if they keep producing they'll get a boost to their stats.

brentech

I just let my manager tend to the rotation and batting order.
At first I was just simming day by day, but found it was unnecessary. Started simming by week. The further I got in, the more things I found to do with scouting and shopping players around and all that.

Every now and then I'll actually go and sim a game. Still won't watch it, just sim inning by inning. Only did it about 3-4 times through that entire first season.

TheCrow

I like being more involved in the day to day stuff. Alexei Ramirez was batting like .220 for a season a half so I had to call up a rookie from double A get some at bats. Somehow the kid got hot and was batting almost .310 so I decided to get rid of Alexei since he was eating 10 mil of my budget. Traded him to Texas for a prospect and felt pretty good. Then I got to the end of the season and Alexei was batting .388 since joining Texas. Oh well, maybe he would have never turned it around if he stuck around.

I got this huge hammer sword thing and am now unstoppable. Just killed the mini gun guy and leveled up to 23. Where is everyone at?
Thats my weapon too! Got it upgraded to +5. I think I'm either a bit overleveled or just went the wrong way since I just hit level 40 and haven't reached the guy you mentioned. I'm in the Hemwick Way forest but I'm about to take on the boss today. Then I'll head to Old Yarnham.

eznark

Banned
I'm level 17! Going to get to 20 I think before beating the first boss, mostly because I want to unlock this last fucking door near the lantern and have no idea where to go so I'll be exploring a ton before getting back to the first boss. I'm not in a hurry, there are no more games coming out til Witcher.

Mrbob

Crow when the league starts the first move I'm making is trading you Edwin Jackson. I'm stacked at starting pitcher now so I don't need him. He'll help out your rotation. I'll take a prospect in return.

TheCrow

Crow when the league starts the first move I'm making is trading you Edwin Jackson. I'm stacked at starting pitcher now so I don't need him. He'll help out your rotation. I'll take a prospect in return.

I'm afraid that he'll show up at Wrigley instead of the Cell.

Top Bottom