• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

didn't mean in online league, but just in general.
I'll assume you're using all-star everywhere though

yeah we will probably stick to all-star. might give hall of fame difficulty a go if all-star seems to easy, but last year we did all-star with stacked rosters and nothing seemed overpowering either way

are you considering doing leagues?

BigAT

that's the point. I need a break between Madden 15 and Madden 16.
A time where I don't have to worry about scheduling games

The break is important. Perhaps the sole failure of the NCAA league was that we would run one year practically right into the next.

Somnia

The break is important. Perhaps the sole failure of the NCAA league was that we would run one year practically right into the next.

I assume NCAA is dead as a franchise isn't it? I would think online connected franchises between NCAA and Madden would be something they thought of... but who knows.

Jarate

Banned
I assume NCAA is dead as a franchise isn't it? I would think online connected franchises between NCAA and Madden would be something they thought of... but who knows.
After EA got sued for using "player likenesses" theres no way someone is touching an NCAA game. Which is a shame as I enjoyed the NCAA games more then madden (I also liked the 2K NCAA basketball games too)

That ruling has really fucked over Madden with historic rosters as well, game used to be packed with old school teams, but now we're stuck with the 32 regual teams.

I would love go see them add the international teams like they do with other games, although those players are basically at a lower skill then our High School players, but theres a lot of traction in Japan, India, and obviously Canada and Mexico have some decent players.

I also wish theyd bring back custom teams, but that's a pipe dream

BigAT

Yeah, it's dead. I meant when we were running it.

Are you sure? I thought we always stopped in may sometime.
BURFICT

That was still pretty late compared to how long everything else ran honestly. Most other leagues died months before that. In addition, the number of seasons we got through made for playing that long quite a grind sometimes. I just looked at the NCAA 12 thread and we did 10 seasons.

Jarate

Banned
And I think a lot of these issues would be alleviated by a PC football game thats easily moddable. Hopefully Joe Montana brings that in, but the worst thing they can do is make the game hard to mod. It might ruin playing against randoms online due to making it easier to possibly hack, but playing with randoms online usually ruins that anyway because randoms dont want to have fun generally.

Im hoping that Madden gets a Pc release as well with Joe Montana coming to PC. PC gaming makes so much sense for a sports franchise. But I doubt EA would want it to be modded easily, as then they cant sell as many micro transactions for old Hall of Fame players.

Yeah, it's dead. I meant when we were running it.

That was still pretty late compared to how long everything else ran honestly. Most other leagues died months before that. In addition, the number of seasons we got through made for playing that long quite a grind sometimes. I just looked at the NCAA 12 thread and we did 10 seasons.

Well, don't forget that we only had like 4-5 non-cpu games a season, combined with a shorter season and no playoffs. It's not that crazy.

DJ Bowser

Smokey, if you can play sometime tonight after 10:30pm EST, lemme know.

Preferably with a (relative) time more specific than "later" so I can plan ahead.

Holla'.

When I interviewed with them a couple years ago they were looking into unifying the tech for online franchise in all their sports games.

After EA got sued for using "player likenesses" theres no way someone is touching an NCAA game. Which is a shame as I enjoyed the NCAA games more then madden (I also liked the 2K NCAA basketball games too)

That ruling has really fucked over Madden with historic rosters as well, game used to be packed with old school teams, but now we're stuck with the 32 regual teams.

I would love go see them add the international teams like they do with other games, although those players are basically at a lower skill then our High School players, but theres a lot of traction in Japan, India, and obviously Canada and Mexico have some decent players.

I also wish theyd bring back custom teams, but that's a pipe dream

Its UE4, so at the least the underlying engine code is all available and understandable. How they choose to do the game play specific stuff for it would be a big factor.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I mean i heard it only has minor online problems of completely different things happening on each persons screen. Clearly everything has been fixed.

But it didn't disconnect! I don't think it happened much and it didn't really happen on my screen but pete said that a couple of times my fielder would miss the ball when throwing it back in but he caught it on my screen. It mostly happened when the play was over I think except for that one bunt when he said all my infielders ran to the ball when really my pitcher just picked it up and threw him out at first. I wouldn't be surprised if it was my connection causing those problems cause he said it didn't happen in the other games he played.

But it didn't disconnect! I don't think it happened much and it didn't really happen on my screen but pete said that a couple of times my fielder would miss the ball when throwing it back in but he caught it on my screen. It mostly happened when the play was over I think except for that one bunt when he said all my infielders ran to the ball when really my pitcher just picked it up and threw him out at first. I wouldn't be surprised if it was my connection causing those problems cause he said it didn't happen in the other games he played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TIimigZOgc

Jarate

Banned
Gg man, after that td right before the 2nd half it seemed like your players gave up

My defense made some of the most ridiculous pass deflections ive ever seen in madden too

Played 3 games of MLB today and not a single disconnect! There was a few of those plays I was talking about earlier but unlike last year the base runners actually do what they are supposed to do and it hasn't caused any outs or runs to score that shouldn't have happened anyway. Huge improvement over last year's game but I hope they continue to improve online in the next few months.

BigAT

Putting that DAC prize money to good use.

Envy be like
cBj1LTf.png

Top Bottom