• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

brentech

Just installed these USB outlets in a few rooms. Have 2 more I can install when I decide where to put them.

J5FqOTq.jpg

My brother works for the company that distributes all kinds of wiring/adapters/outlets and such.

what's the reasoning behind this rule? and is there a way to reset a receiver back to his original position before he completes motion in the other direction?

sometimes I'm just looking for man, and if I don't get the look I want I snap the ball - and it's good misdirection in general if someone is keying off it

yes you ucan put the receiver back to his original position by pressing the opposite direction.

and this isn't outlawing motion, just the snap before he is reset. the reason is in looking at some of the vids/strategies it causes some wonkiness with the defense when this happens. man in motion gets consistently open off this. but if you guys see otherwise then say so!

McNei1y

Jesus that was ugly. I actually felt good about my play calls. Decisions not so much. And I can't stand my god damn defense.

Gg.

Anyone want to play a madden game for fun

brentech

attempted a H2H game against a random. I didn't even make a single user catch, lol. but I didn't get picked on two attempts because my guy really attacked the ball. just triangle, not didnt adjust route

Smokey

FYI

I am selling a brand new Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB that has never been opened for $100 flat. I posted it in the B/S/T thread but if any of you are interested let me know.

GQman2121

Banned
I always thought it was well known that the cpu won't go for or attempt to make a dynamic catch. That always seemed like a user initialed thing to me.

DJ Bowser

I always thought it was well known that the cpu won't go for or attempt to make a dynamic catch. That always seemed like a user initialed thing to me.
I've definitely had a couple people (TY Hilton and my rookie TE) make diving one-handed grabs on bad throws- and I never user catch as tempting as it is when I throw jump balls.

McNei1y

Some animations I have never seen before happen with user catching. I like it. But my receivers do make some one handed grabs on slant routes and such.

haha i opened the door and was immediately shot and killed. Good thing I closed the door first!

Ohhh the laptop here can play rust

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Some animations I have never seen before happen with user catching. I like it. But my receivers do make some one handed grabs on slant routes and such.

Ohhh the laptop here can play rust

So you lied to me about there being a computer there that can play dota.

Ok Mcneily.
Ok

McNei1y

Seriously it cant! I tried playing on it last year and it looks awful and skips. Rust already looks awful so that's cool. We can try to see if it's the same if u want. But in a bit. I'm at chipotle

GQman2121

Banned
I've definitely had a couple people (TY Hilton and my rookie TE) make diving one-handed grabs on bad throws- and I never user catch as tempting as it is when I throw jump balls.

I feel like one handed grabs across the middle are one thing, but some of the animations that happen on deep balls or jump balls just don't when the cpu is in full control.

DJ Bowser

Okay, then you may be right.

All of mine have been on crossing routes. Some of them deep, but always on crossing ones.

Edit: Also, Pheenix, I'll be ready when you are.

brentech

Yea, that's what I was saying earlier. I've seen guys makkng on handed grabs on off target throws, or even falling catches down field.

The problem is the lack of WR attacking the ball at its highest point when stopped at a curl or just down field running. The defender does it and that's why they generally at least get a bat down.

It has almost eliminated those plays unless you're are at a point where you just have to throw a prayer ball, or have a bit of a lead and want a kill shot.

DJ Bowser

GG Pheen. Your defense gives me more fits than anyone I've played. You manage to take away my first read on almost every play (maybe I'm too predictable) and I have to play the dump-off game.

DJ Bowser

I don't think Greg has been able to get in touch with the Steelers owner, so I don't know if he's getting put on AP.

Speaking of, I play the Vikings after the 'vance. Will they have a new owner in the immediate future, or will I be playing the CPU?

I don't think Greg has been able to get in touch with the Steelers owner, so I don't know if he's getting put on AP.

Speaking of, I play the Vikings after the 'vance. Will they have a new owner in the immediate future, or will I be playing the CPU?

sanjuro is actually going to stay as the vikings. he will have to bench his starting QB and his WR that had that many yards for the remainder of the season. he will also never again get to play a CPU opponent. if a future opponent can't make it, then its a sim.

i made this decision after getting some feedback from people and talking to the commishes. i think we were all up in the air immediately after (and may still be) but i do think it was a little harsh for a lifetime ban.

Mrbob

I never PMed him, but I posted about the game here a few times and never saw a reply

I don't want to be a jerk to the steelers player, but it is the weekend so these games should be getting in. Unless he is gone, then you should just play the CPU anyway.

Sanjuro

It still doesn't make sense to take a SIM loss when you're actively in competition against an opponent that is no longer in the league.

What is this supersim?

DJ Bowser

sanjuro is actually going to stay as the vikings. he will have to bench his starting QB and his WR that had that many yards for the remainder of the season. he will also never again get to play a CPU opponent. if a future opponent can't make it, then its a sim.

i made this decision after getting some feedback from people and talking to the commishes. i think we were all up in the air immediately after (and may still be) but i do think it was a little harsh for a lifetime ban.
Glad to hear it! Sanjuro seems like a solid dude even if he refused to give me Bridgewater.

And it is my hope he will be available post-vance this evening!

Greg

just finishing my late lunch now - I'll start the game in a few and try streaming it so you guys can laugh at me losing to the CPU

It still doesn't make sense to take a SIM loss when you're actively in competition against an opponent that is no longer in the league.

What is this supersim?

supersim is after you already start the game. pause it, go to supersim and you press the X button. it sims literally each play in the game. goes pretty fast

also, you are required to bench your QB and that WR who had those yards for the remainder of the season. they should never enter a game, even due to injury. so if you have to sign 4 QB's and make him 4th string then do it. if you have to carry 8 WR's on your roster and make him the 8th then do it!

neither player is eligible for trade this season either

Sanjuro

Glad to hear it! Sanjuro seems like a solid dude even if he refused to give me Bridgewater.

And it is my hope he will be available post-vance this evening!

My suggestion is to keep your ass caffeinated tonight. I largely suspect I will be without power for several days.

SickBoy

gg FMT.

That first INT was like something from Madden of yore. Pass intended eight yards downfield, super athletic play by the LB. Credit to you for being the one in control there... and that really quickly pushed the game out of reach.

Also, that pass rush is too good. Must be nice to get quick sacks with a three-man rush!

Here's the stat that was a big difference-maker, in my eyes... in terms of possession time and keeping drives going:
Hyde: 3.0 YPC, 1.4 yards after contact. So hard to stuff.

Sanjuro

supersim is after you already start the game. pause it, go to supersim and you press the X button. it sims literally each play in the game. goes pretty fast

also, you are required to bench your QB and that WR who had those yards for the remainder of the season. they should never enter a game, even due to injury. so if you have to sign 4 QB's and make him 4th string then do it. if you have to carry 8 WR's on your roster and make him the 8th then do it!

neither player is eligible for trade this season either

...then how come no commish mentioned this to me prior? I pretty much told everyone I don't want to play the CPU. I don't see the point.

Does the supersim not work or something?

also, gg sickboy. i got fortunate on some of those close 3rd down throws early. usually my guys drop those immediate hit plays. i felt bad for you having to go with alex.... arm is too weak to get it into some of those spots. your RB is a beast though. at least i got up a few in points so i didn't have to always account for him!

Top Bottom