• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Nightz

GG DM, couldn't do much on offense that game. Don't know what was up with that first attempt at the game. It was like -30 FPS.

brentech

Article does a good job describing main problems in M15

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/25/madden-nfl-15-top-likes-and-dislikes

Inability to Take Deep Shots with One-on-One Coverage

One of the biggest problems with Madden has been how poorly it represents one-on-one coverage down the field and that hasn’t changed this year. Even with guys like Calvin Johnson throwing a bomb to them when single covered is just asking for an interception. Receivers don’t use their body to position for the ball and corners playing underneath leap for the picks practically uncontested. Quarterbacks, even those with big arms like Matthew Stafford, consistently underthrow the deep ball even when attempting to lead the receiver. I could count on one finger the number of times I’ve overthrown the receiver on a deep ball.

Receivers are simply too passive in these situations. You’ll recognize the familiar “putting up their hands to make a catch on a ball that won’t be getting past the defender” animation. It’s almost like the defense knows this too, because Megatron and other elite receivers are left in single coverage far too often. It’s incredibly frustrating knowing that can’t be exploited because the risk of being picked off is too great despite any spectacular catches and incompletions mixed in.
I might be wrong, but I don't think receivers make spectacular catches unless user controlled. Which also stops them from preventing a pick.

Article goes on to talk about how broken hurry up offense is...
Found this thing cause I was looking to see if there was concrete info as to whether my receiver would attempt a spectacular catch without me triggering it.
(might be totally wrong, does anyone know for sure one way or the other?)

I might be wrong, but I don't think receivers make spectacular catches unless user controlled. Which also stops them from preventing a pick.

Found this thing cause I was looking to see if there was concrete info as to whether my receiver would attempt a spectacular catch without me triggering it.

I've seen my CPU controlled receivers making one handed grabs multiple times.

brentech

While I don't know if the one handers running a crossing route/slant use the spectacular catch stat (seen a lot of those), I really mean the jump balls that it was put into the game for years ago.
Unless your actually talking about a 1 handed jump catch....

Like the David Tyree animation and stupid crazy contested ball catches. I don't think I've seen in league play.

I should start downloading a whole bunch of shit

Really, fuck this game

Uhhh

I swear to fucking God I didn't do anything there...despite what I just said

This time I got your connection to your peer has been lost

DJ Bowser

I believe you, dude. I'm gonna assume it's my end. At least this time I was dominating so we're even now.

The internet at my place should be fixed tonight. Are you available to play tomorrow early or early afternoon?

Or do you want to just sim it at this point?

First game was griefing, second game was who knows what, and I'm guessing this time it's my end that grieved. Although I don't know what your side said. I kind of saw it coming because on the previous play your guys lined up for a kickoff at my 1???? I don't think that play is even in the playbook

At this point we should just sim it

DJ Bowser

I had the same shit happening as last time. All I could select was safety punt. Luckily after the delay of game it let me choose real plays.

Nightz

Julio Jones made an insane one handed jump ball catch in my game against DCX earlier this season. First and only time I've seen one in the league.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Ive seen spectacular catches but they are super rare.

Not being able to go deep one on one is my main issue with a bullet with this game

brentech

Julio Jones made an insane one handed jump ball catch in my game against DCX earlier this season. First and only time I've seen one in the league.

Alright. Sounds like they can do it then.
Hopefully next year they make the receivers more likely to actually attempt it/more aggressive so you can take one-on-one shots without thinking, "this is most likely a punt", or require them to be wide open

The helmet catch is in this game?
Honestly don't know if it's in this version since I don't bother practicing what I can't do in the league, but I know the Madden right after that Super Bowl and the next few, it was definitely in the game.

CB3

Yeah every once in a blue moon Maclin or Riley Cooper will make a catch that makes me think wtf was that

Smokey

The Tri-SLI Titan Black Experience is over. Sold 2 of them in less than 1.5 hrs here on GAF. I am now a single card pleb.

Now I wait for da Titan X

Hi guyz, I'm new Cowboys owner.

Let me just take a look at my contracts and cap space!

"sees 2.38 million in cap space"

d7e14310c0261a3c5f84b11d7f8e91f4.jpg

Nightz

didn't think anybody in here would do anything so i didn't post it. I got flooded with a bunch of PMs as soon as they went up in the B/S/T thread tho. Forgive me Nightz :(

All good. Was gonna buy a 970 but then that news about the memory stuff came out so I held off. I would have jumped at your card for the price you were selling for. I'll never leave my house ever again.

Please stay!

hahaha, of course I'm gonna stay, I've never actually had to rebuild and really tinker with team contracts to this extreme, gonna be a chalange for sure!

Are you the guy that got kicked out of the other league?

The casual league? Yea, I made a stinker about the amount of rules and regulations being put in place and all that junk. But that was like... 4/5 months ago or something.

BTW, due to new ownership Dez Bryant is on the trade block, along with a bunch of other high contract hit personal. So... I guess PM me on PSN for trades? Is that how you guys mainly do trade talk?

Mrbob

pick a player and challenge bob that he won't get him
:D

No more FA for me unless i can get a value pick up.

I'm about improving through the draft. Not much fun in having players who are mostly finished products. More fun to build them up.

CB3

Mcniely i should be around almost all of the day tomorrow aside from a hour or two. So let me know when you can play.

Top Bottom