• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You can't run from heaven.

cLGg1Yy.png

14 in a row, 19 of my last 20. Merlini ain't got shit on me.

My disruptor was almost like that. 12 in a row. 13 out of 15.

eznark

Banned
Been watching TB play it for the last 30 minutes. Don't get the appeal. Oh well, would've been a long shot to sell me on a zombie game.

CB3

Dead island was fun in co-op for the first chapter or so, along with the analog hitting. It quickly fell apart after that. This seems like more of that.

No multiplayer though :(

I assume you mean no online? It says 1-4 players on the website, I'm guessing since they're a small Indie studio its only local co-op.

Nothing about dying light looks interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

You know, there are so many games coming out that I haven't been paying attention too that I honestly don't know which one Dying Light is. Is it another DayZ clone like Rust or H1Z1?

Edit: Watching the launch trailer. It appears to be Mirror's Edge x Zombies x Open World from the creators of "The Original Dead Island" whatever feelings that is supposed to inspire.

Ferny

Edit: Watching the launch trailer. It appears to be Mirror's Edge x Zombies x Open World from the creators of "The Original Dead Island" whatever feelings that is supposed to inspire.

Essentially this. Between h1z1, Rust, and now Dying Light i'm all about dem zombies.

Mrbob

Did I just read the new baseball commissioner wants to stop defensive shifting to "inject" offense into the league? Awful idea and bad choice of words, we have a winner.

Nightz and Boobs, wanna run some 3 man comp stomps tonight?

3 vs 1 might be an even challenge.

Greg

It's difficult strategically like C&C instead of tactically like SC. I much prefer it.
I'm not sure if I've ever finished an RTS campaign on an above average difficulty level

playing local with someone equally as bad is always a good time though

brentech

Doing some baby back ribs for 48+ hours in the souv vide for Wednesday.

I've found that pretty cheap cuts of meat can really end up crazy good this way because you can't dry them out so easy. Like chuck tenderloin. Shit came out perfect with just kosher salt and crushed red pepper.

eznark

Banned
Doing some baby back ribs for 48+ hours in the souv vide for Wednesday.

I've found that pretty cheap cuts of meat can really end up crazy good this way because you can't dry them out so easy. Like chuck tenderloin. Shit came out perfect with just kosher salt and crushed red pepper.

Yup.

I did a 3 lb tri-tip this weekend. 26 hours. Amazing.

a couple league questions for everyone:

1. what is everyones experience in using QB spy (manually) with defensive lineman? i'm doing some research and almost every nano blitz starts with manually assigning a defensive lineman to spy. i don't want to many rules but i also dont want potential things like this in the league. i personally never have used manual QB spy with a d-lineman (if i want to spy the QB there are designated spy plays that i use). it seems like d-line spy in conjunction with manually audibling lb's/cb's/blitzes etc. seems to cause the offensive line/blockers to kind of wonk out, and you sometimes end up with unblocked guys who have no business being unblocked.

anyone have feedback here?

2. what do you guys think about testing manual catching in a very specific circumstance (1 on 1 deep balls)? there seems to be some desire for it and i think in a scenario where you literally have 1 on 1 deep it would be fair for both players to have a chance at the ball. this would only be on 1 on 1 deep balls, not on slants or outs or anything that causes a high degree of manipulation.

my concern here is there could be a gray area in "1 on 1 coverage". like, what if your guy is being covered 1 on 1 when you throw it, but the safety in zone gets over there by the time the ball does? what if someone thought it was single coverage early in the play when he let it go but infact its not?

feedback?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

1. what is everyones experience in using QB spy (manually) with defensive lineman? i'm doing some research and almost every nano blitz starts with manually assigning a defensive lineman to spy. i don't want to many rules but i also dont want potential things like this in the league. i personally never have used manual QB spy with a d-lineman (if i want to spy the QB there are designated spy plays that i use). it seems like d-line spy in conjunction with manually audibling lb's/cb's/blitzes etc. seems to cause the offensive line/blockers to kind of wonk out, and you sometimes end up with unblocked guys who have no business being unblocked.

You already know I have run extensive QB spies with DLinemen and I have never had much of any success generating pressure while pulling what is normally another rusher.

I do it against you, mcneily, AZ, and against guys in the other league.

I hope that you believe that if it was possible I would have exploited it!

Ferny

2. what do you guys think about testing manual catching in a very specific circumstance (1 on 1 deep balls)? there seems to be some desire for it and i think in a scenario where you literally have 1 on 1 deep it would be fair for both players to have a chance at the ball. this would only be on 1 on 1 deep balls, not on slants or outs or anything that causes a high degree of manipulation.

my concern here is there could be a gray area in "1 on 1 coverage". like, what if your guy is being covered 1 on 1 when you throw it, but the safety in zone gets over there by the time the ball does? what if someone thought it was single coverage early in the play when he let it go but infact its not?

feedback?

I think user catching could work if done right. Maybe you can't actually move the receiver but you can switch to him and go for the ball with Y or whatever. That way you can't mess up the defensive guy so much but still keep it fair to both sides.

CB3

I manually spy guys against cheesebag QB's like Kap. But i pretty much never defensively hot route anyone to blitz. Thats too much work

McNei1y

Wellster nano blitzes against me!!! But no. I dont see anything diffefent being on the other side of the spy. It works very well.

I like the idea of 1 on 1 user catching on deep balls.

Smokey

feedback?

I'm bout dat user catch action boss

brentech

I think user catching could work if done right. Maybe you can't actually move the receiver but you can switch to him and go for the ball with Y or whatever. That way you can't mess up the defensive guy so much but still keep it fair to both sides.
On deep balls, you shouldn't be able to wiggle. Just switch and triangle. Otherwise it is probably out of control.

Not sure you can say, only when 1v1 cause on deep balls, user controller players can make up a lot of ground, or the safety can end up swinging over a lot quicker than you would have imagined. Gotta take out the grey areas.
Deep ball, user catch, don't move your guy off his route.

You already know I have run extensive QB spies with DLinemen and I have never had much of any success generating pressure while pulling what is normally another rusher.

I do it against you, mcneily, AZ, and against guys in the other league.

I hope that you believe that if it was possible I would have exploited it!

I find this hilarious, mainly because I almost never run with Wilson. Probably because I'm terrible at this game and don't realize how much it would help me.

feedback?

I've never had much issue with manual QB spy, it helps with slants and adds protection against scrambles.

With nano's it may be hard to tell during the game, but if you're unsure of a play you can always save it via share option and review the play after the game. You can see nano's in action when blockers simply don't block when they should, like a tackle holding his hands up or a guard holding his hands up as someone slips in untouched.

As for user catching, I guess I would be fine 1v1, but I would hate for bickering to start over "well he moves him to the left!" and all that shit. I would be fine either way with 1v1 user vs. no usering, no difference to me.

Top Bottom