• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

McNei1y

I think I'm gonna give defenses a better chance of picking it off if I attempt to user catch.

I was thinking this too. I feel like my guy won't jump and will just stand there anyway. This seems to happen when I'm going for the ball as a d-back. It just leaves them wide open.

I did have a one-on-one situation with Splat though. I threw the ball deep to Djax on a fly route with the CB just tailing him. They both went up for the ball (something I normally don't see my receivers doing) and the CB wraps his arms around him and breaks up the pass. Seems like it'll be a good addition to the league if it's used appropriately.

eznark

Banned
5 wide jump balls baby. Everyone will be man up. If i throw picks and get down who cares i can just 5 wide no huddle jump balls!!

Too bad all my receivers suck.

DJ Bowser

I almost never leave my guys in single deep, so don't even try it, Bob! I have FMT on speed-dial if you cheat!

Also, my 6'7 TE is gonna be god-tier.

this is going to be a disaster

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Ferny

Honestly you're gonna have people that won't really care about these rules and do it anyway in situations where they shouldn't. I guess trying it a week or two is cool but I already know this won't be a long term thing.

Honestly you're gonna have people that won't really care about these rules and do it anyway in situations where they shouldn't. I guess trying it a week or two is cool but I already know this won't be a long term thing.

you're probably right but at least this way everyone can get a taste of it with live bullets and if there are major issues then we go back to how it was. the main complaints i see with the game (not the only, but main) are its bs that people can just sit on routes and not have to worry about protecting deep so maybe this evens it up a bit?

i don't know, maybe we're off base and shouldn't even give it a shot but this way we know for sure! think of it like banging a dude!

User catching is only gonna shorten how long this league lasts. So arbitrary and gray. Sucks for whoever loses from some bullshit. It's not like a jump ball in triple coverage is gonna result in real punishment.

when are the final 2 games happening so we can vance and the user-catchin' madness can... nay, WILL, begin!

What happened to your face, how can I possibly recognize you now?

User catching is only gonna shorten how long this league lasts. So arbitrary and gray. Sucks for whoever loses from some bullshit. It's not like a jump ball in triple coverage is gonna result in real punishment.

I agree, I think it would be best to just skip the experiment and drama that will naturally arise and keep heading the course!

before you cast it off at least give it a chance to see how things work. don't be a negative ned!

DJ Bowser

I feel very fortunate that both my games against Smokey are more than 3 game weeks away, during which time I expect us all (or at least him) to be banned from user catching or having half of his starters suspended.

AFC South Champion Colts!

If only he could have user-caught against Soka this week.

Top Bottom