• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Sokantish

I feel very fortunate that both my games against Smokey are more than 3 game weeks away, during which time I expect us all (or at least him) to be banned from user catching or having half of his starters suspended.

AFC South Champion Colts!

If only he could have user-caught against Soka this week.

He did on his two last drives, it was unstoppable!

Greg

3 things:

I only felt it was fair to punt after the CPU defender stole the pick from the defender I was controlling

the one time I call a regular punt return the whole game you did the fake

I felt like gimp Aaron Rodgers knowing I couldn't run that TD in, hahaha

Smokey

3 things:

I only felt it was fair to punt after the CPU defender stole the pick from the defender I was controlling

the one time I call a regular punt return the whole game you did the fake

I felt like gimp Aaron Rodgers knowing I couldn't run that TD in, hahaha

i didn't realize why you gave the ball back tbh.

there are some crazy animations that come from UC. some of the end zone ones are pretty sweet.

DJ Bowser

NVE00015.jpg

I watched... a user- catch his own passes. That's my dream, it's my nightmare.

Greg

if we're not allowed to move the receiver, I don't see why it's such a big deal to include being able to press triangle (regardless of how the defense is playing you)

in our game we had full control of the receivers, and I can definitely see where people would complain, but people are allowed to make the same breaks on defense too

if we're not allowed to move the receiver, I don't see why it's such a big deal to include being able to press triangle (regardless of how the defense is playing you)

in our game we had full control of the receivers, and I can definitely see where people would complain, but people are allowed to make the same breaks on defense too

I think the argument is when you press triangle in a pack of defensive men and make a catch that in real life you had no business getting, but because Madden gives a huge bonus to user catching he's able to nab balls in ridiculous situations.

Which is why having it limited to 1v1 is a great idea, but hoping that people won't "accidentally" do it in a clutch situation when they shouldn't is what some people fear.

rinse82

So to confirm the above, user catching limited to just pressing triangle? Can't move your receiver?

Ferny

This is a completely unenforceable rule, so I don't know why you're sweating the details so much Rinse.

How is it unenforceable? There are streams as well as the ability to record clips? Not that I expect this rule to actually be enforced, but it's not like you can't enforce it.

eznark

Banned
How is it unenforceable? There are streams as well as the ability to record clips? Not that I expect this rule to actually be enforced, but it's not like you can't enforce it.

It's pretty difficult to determine when a receiver make a move to the ball because you held triangle or because you broke in with him. It's Madden, players warp all over the field. Look at user tackling when you hold X. Same thing happens with user catching/user intercepting.

And single coverage? Guy is in single coverage when you throw it but a user controlled safety ball hawks his way over the top as you are user catching it and suddenly it looks like you're a filthy cheater.

Rule is impossible to enforce. Not to mention that half the time it can be difficult to tell if a guy UC'd or not.

I guess enforce isn't the right word, prove is more accurate.

Ferny

If it's a long bomb downfield, you can tell pretty quickly if they will UC as they will have to switch to the WR early enough to time the catch. You may get the quick switch and catch, but I think you'll see the switch to WR more often than not.

eznark

Banned
If it's a long bomb downfield, you can tell pretty quickly if they will UC as they will have to switch to the WR early enough to time the catch. You may get the quick switch and catch, but I think you'll see the switch to WR more often than not.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's always impossible to see what's happening, I'm saying that you can cheese the fuck out of this without being very blatant.

It'll be fun to watch Smokey work.

TheCrow

Watching the replay on twitch, that game probably won't be til like this afternoon right?
Yeah pretty sure it was their last game. You can always just try to find it in the archives. But remember that they had 3 channels streaming the games so you have to find the right stream.

Smokey

Yeah, I'm not saying it's always impossible to see what's happening, I'm saying that you can cheese the fuck out of this without being very blatant.

It'll be fun to watch Smokey work.

I like how I get associated with abusing the rules. Last I checked I wasn't banned for getting 1000 yards in a game or manipulating the cap. I didn't even get UC brought in I blame Greg.

so fuck you

eznark

Banned
I like how I get associated with abusing the rules. Last I checked I wasn't banned for getting 1000 yards in a game or manipulating the cap. I didn't even get UC brought in I blame Greg.

so fuck you

#eateateat
#fyidm
#THIRST
#slangstuffeznarkwontget
#EATTTTTTTTTTTTT

Somnia

Just think it probably opens up Sony to lawsuits if they allow the streaming music to work with streaming content.

That's a good possibility ya. I can see them just not allowing streaming if you're using spotify music also to protect themselves.

I'll just stream through an Elgato and play music that way, though typically I just stream with the in game sound not music unless it's an MMO.

Greg

no way they allow Spotify through

while streaming GTAV, the radio gets cut out

even if you save a clip within PS4 while playing GTAV, the radio still gets cut out

Top Bottom