• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

Somnia

You mentioned TellTale games, which do not have puzzles.

Well they have puzzles in the sense like there's a scene early on that you have to find a way to get 3 fellow students off the steps to get into the Dorm. So you have to figure different ways to get them to move.

Just an example, the game is done in a real world setting so the puzzles are set up to fit in with that... even though you can rewind time.

Mainly what I meant by TellTale is they need to look at how this game was built and their gameplay and start putting that into their games.

eznark

Banned
TellTale no longer does game play. If you are telling me that it has actual gameplay but writing that's ok...I'm suddenly interested.

Somnia

TellTale no longer does game play. If you are telling me that it has actual gameplay but writing that's ok...I'm suddenly interested.

It reminds me of older adventure gameplay, you walk the world and interact, solve puzzles to get into places, etc. The writing isn't as good as TellTales games imo, but it's their first adventure game and episode. Overall though I like the story and characters a LOT and can't wait for the next episode.

I recommend it. Could always buy episode one for $5 to see if you like it before buying the other episodes.

eznark

Banned
It reminds me in older adventure gameplay, you walk the world and interact, solve puzzles to get into places, etc. The writing isn't as good as TellTales games imo, but it's their first adventure game and episode. Overall though I like the story and characters a LOT and can't wait for the next episode.

I recommend it. Could always buy episode one for $5 to see if you like it before buying the other episodes.

Already better than TellTale!

Ferny

2015-02-10_19-39-00.jpg
Those look like just skins.

McNei1y

But I already purchased all of the Max Payne games and Mass Effect games on steam.

I guess I'll invest the money like Wellster said. Invest it in my next bar tab.

eznark

Banned
I'd be way more offended that Dying Light already has content DLC releasing today, a week after it came out, than some skins in an online shooter.

Somnia

Regarding Evolve, the skins are what they are. The season pass let's you buy Monsters/Hunters going forward or you can buy them individually. I do think the prices are a bit high on them, but you don't have to purchase them. You get 12 hunters/3 Monsters in the box and can play with everyone who buys dlc going forward as all maps/modes will be free. They have a 2 year plan regarding maps/modes and more hunters/monsters.

I prefer this model over the cod/titanfall/battlefield, etc map pack model that just fragments the entire audience between who owns the maps and who doesn't. With Evolve you never have to worry about not being able to play with someone.

I do think the prices are a bit high... skins I have no problem with any game selling though.

Also the ONLY DLC available for Evolve right now is skins. New monsters/hunters will not be out for awhile. They chose not to work on any new items till they finalized the main game.

At this point if you're paying for a multiplayer only FPS you have to expect to get gouged somehow. The people who make those games no longer consider them "games" but "services" and services require upkeep and upkeep requires constant funds.

SickBoy

I can't get over how much the previews soured me on Evolve. I have a copy in front of me that was basically $30 CDN off retail, and I'm gearing up to return it tomorrow.

Honestly, it seems like a game that could be fun, but I just don't have the time to invest in it and it also seems like a game that will suck if you're a casual player.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There is this amazing game called dota 2. 100% free!

So it's not really pay to win?

I don't think I have spent a single dollar on any of the free to play games. Like I said earlier, they make so much fucking money nowadays on Android and iOS that I'm surprised there isn't more of a shift towards that type of game in the console and PC market.

There is this amazing game called dota 2. 100% free!

Its not free it costs your soul.

DotA2 is still monetized though. Its just about the only game that is monetized in a way that isn't outright abusive of the players (depending upon how you feel about some of League's non cosmetic pay aspects).

Unfortunately very few developers understand how to monetize their game in ways that will be both profitable and consumer friendly.

FPS

Also I have spent 16 cents per hour in dota.

Yeah! I did say shooters!

But seriously its disgusting how people internally refer to games that are expected to have a lifetime beyond the initial release. Service or platform are words you will hear more than game. I wish I had never had to learn about DAU, ARPU, retention rates or other nonsense.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So it's not really pay to win?

I don't think I have spent a single dollar on any of the free to play games. Like I said earlier, they make so much fucking money nowadays on Android and iOS that I'm surprised there isn't more of a shift towards that type of game in the console and PC market.

Anything you pay for in dota is cosmetic, tickets to watch big tournaments in game (which can be watched on twitch for free under most circumstances), compendiums as sort of interactive books that you can reap cosmetic rewards from, or occasionally event related items that boost cosmetic drops like New Bloom which should be hitting pretty soon.

LJ11

He is constantly quoted so that won't help. I'm hopeful that Deacon's post-mortems will help. And that junior in there yesterday talking about the draft was really a breath of fresh air.

The Bills fan? Yeah, you need more posters like him and Farooq. Guys that just want to talk ball.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Anything you pay for in dota is cosmetic, tickets to watch big tournaments in game (which can be watched on twitch for free under most circumstances), compendiums as sort of interactive books that you can reap cosmetic rewards from, or occasionally event related items that boost cosmetic drops like New Bloom which should be hitting pretty soon.

Honest question, how much have you guys spent? I bet that in the long run that likely makes more money. That's how Team Fortress works right?

They should have charged for dota after the long beta and then also charge for cosmetic stuff.

Top Bottom