• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: Wards? Where We're Going We Dont Need....Wards

eznark

Banned
The only choice this week is a new 3DS and Majora!

Also really considering getting a flight stick. Maximum PC recommended a $50 one and that seems just about perfect for something I'll hardly use. I have no flight stick games at the moment though.

Sounds like he really learned his lesson.
You know sanjuro. Refuses to admit that he is wrong or that he needs help, so you just have to yell at him and hope that some of it sticks. I bet next time he will 1. use a guide and 2. use his regen items instead of stockpilng them. That's all I can ask for.

Brentech was not happy though!

brentech

He started with 2 health salves, then at like 10 minutes bought a 3rd, never to be used!

I was sad to lose my win streak, sure, but when I said we should have changed accounts, I was referring to us drawing more comparable competition.
He can't learn anything when the game is basically unplayable past 10-15min.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, I forgot that he was so raw. He has played before and he said he had been playing more. He seemed so eager I figured maybe he was serious about something FOR ONCE.

Oh well. Sorry about your win streak. I'll petition icefrog to remove it from your record so that EE will still recruit you!

eznark

Banned
Mohawk put up a bunch of tutorial videos for OTC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCasmHPTajRU9kXWHjJqJD_g/videos

(Probably should've just messaged Bob with this)

Can someone combine this into something with Dota pretty please??

images

Sanjuro

The only choice this week is a new 3DS and Majora!

Also really considering getting a flight stick. Maximum PC recommended a $50 one and that seems just about perfect for something I'll hardly use. I have no flight stick games at the moment though.

You know sanjuro. Refuses to admit that he is wrong or that he needs help, so you just have to yell at him and hope that some of it sticks. I bet next time he will 1. use a guide and 2. use his regen items instead of stockpilng them. That's all I can ask for.

Pretty sure all I was doing yesterday was asking for help.

You're wrong!

Sanjuro

You argued with Brent the entire game over your fucking half dozen salves

When did I say I was in the right?

I think yesterday was the first time someone kind of explained the need for mechanical rapid progression and using gold properly. I was using the stock guide, so in most of the games I played I was able to get the items I needed eventually.

The last hit/purchasing order dynamic is new to me since that last game. One of the other games we had played someone told me not to even hit the creepers at all that I would get XP.

My favorite part of the Sanjuro game was that he was level 8 for about the whole match, and then in the last 30 seconds, storm spirit tried to dive him in the fountain and died and sanjuro got 5 levels instantly.

Sanjuro

My favorite part of the Sanjuro game was that he was level 8 for about the whole match, and then in the last 30 seconds, storm spirit tried to dive him in the fountain and died and sanjuro got 5 levels instantly.

Yeah. I could have still leveled, but they way they were playing going after the creeps was instant death. I kind of stalled a bit when I was trying to adjust to the new information I was getting.

That kill was still awesome though! I bet he stabbed someone in his internet cafe.

The last hit/purchasing order dynamic is new to me since that last game. One of the other games we had played someone told me not to even hit the creepers at all that I would get XP.

You do get XP if you don't hit the creeps. We're not talking about XP, we're talking about money. In order to get gold from a creep, you have to deal the killing blow to it. That's why last hits are so important for carries. You want to get the last hit on every creep that you can so that you can get rich and get items quicker. This is also why we suggested that you start with a support like Lich from now on. Supports don't need the money so you can stay in your lane and only have to worry about protecting the carry that you're paired with.

Sanjuro

You do get XP if you don't hit the creeps. We're not talking about XP, we're talking about money. In order to get gold from a creep, you have to deal the killing blow to it. That's why last hits are so important for carries. You want to get the last hit on every creep that you can so that you can get rich and get items quicker. This is also why we suggested that you start with a support like Lich from now on. Supports don't need the money so you can stay in your lane and only have to worry about protecting the carry that you're paired with.

That's what I mean. One of you guys told me not to bother hitting them in a past game, so I wasn't doing the gold progression properly.

I played a game as Lich after. Found it a bit more difficult. It's tough in the random games. There usually is no communication and it's usually the MVP of one team or another turning the tide.

eznark

Banned

Oh god I forgot about that. So amazing.

I think BH had daigon 3 at like the 18 minute mark or something.

"Sanjuro you're going to die"

"Huh?"

ZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

"See"

"I DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM"

"Yeah, that's why I told you to get back"

"HE WASN'T ON MY MAP"

Yeah, I'm sure you'd listen better to the random pubbers.

TheCrow

Fuck PC troubleshooting. I just want to finish divinity but all these crashes are adding hours to this dumb game. Time to just give up and do a fresh windows install.
sick.gif

brentech

That's why reading about what the different heroes general role is important.
Juggernaut can't really be played as any role other than carry. So you have to earn gold.

Other heros are more versatile and can play a couple roles. But for starters, it's generally good to understand support.

Support heroes like lich/crystal maiden/witch doctor/warlock/shadow shaman are all good heroes to learn early. They don't require masses of gold to be effective heroes, and can still have a huge impact on the game.
Gold sure can help every hero, but those style supports can still be affective without amassing wealth.

Purges guide for Dora noobs is old, but that doesn't make it irrelevant and it's still a good source to understand some of the basic mechanics that I think you might be misundersnding.

I'll also be first to say that item purchases and just finding what I needed in the shop is probably what took me longest to learn as I had never played a moba of any kind prior to dota 2. So I understand that frustration, but that's where just some short reading can be important in learning what you should and shouldn't be purchasing.

eznark

Banned
I think there is a ton of value in playing bot games while using a guide just to get a feel for the progression of the game, when you can expect to get items, when various heroes come online, etc. If nothing else you'll get some semblance of an appreciation for the economy of the game.

Sanjuro

Oh god I forgot about that. So amazing.

I think BH had daigon 3 at like the 18 minute mark or something.

"Sanjuro you're going to die"

"Huh?"

ZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

"See"

"I DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM"

"Yeah, that's why I told you to get back"

"HE WASN'T ON MY MAP"

Yeah, I'm sure you'd listen better to the random pubbers.

Yes, the amount of detail there is astounding.

Sanjuro

That's why reading about what the different heroes general role is important.
Juggernaut can't really be played as any role other than carry. So you have to earn gold.

Other heros are more versatile and can play a couple roles. But for starters, it's generally good to understand support.

Support heroes like lich/crystal maiden/witch doctor/warlock/shadow shaman are all good heroes to learn early. They don't require masses of gold to be effective heroes, and can still have a huge impact on the game.
Gold sure can help every hero, but those style supports can still be affective without amassing wealth.

Purges guide for Dora noobs is old, but that doesn't make it irrelevant and it's still a good source to understand some of the basic mechanics that I think you might be misundersnding.

I'll also be first to say that item purchases and just finding what I needed in the shop is probably what took me longest to learn as I had never played a moba of any kind prior to dota 2. So I understand that frustration, but that's where just some short reading can be important in learning what you should and shouldn't be purchasing.

I've never played RTS or MOBA games, so it's been fairly difficult. I have no context for much.

I looked over that guide a bit last night.

I agree with Brent. A lot of people don't like Purge but I think his guides are great. You can just go to youtube and type in "Purge plays <insert your hero here>" and watch what he does and listen to him explain why he does what he does.

Sanjuro

"get back" is really all the detail you needed there.

It was too late in that instance. I was looking at something in the menus and hadn't noticed that my character took the "shortcut" and ended coming back down to bottom through one of the paths. I think I might have clicked on Bren, and when he moved up my guy changed directions.

Ferny

I can see how it would be hard for a newcomer to know that BH can pretty much be invis the entire time. Did you guys at least explain BH to him?

Smokey

I took a peek at the NFL thread just for shits. From last page:

Indeed.

Nobody wants to be in a hospital. They're dens of the sick and dying. When you've had several close family members die, there's a bad association as well.

I'm grateful hospitals exist but it's one of those places you hope to not to have to use just like how Gata hopes he doesn't have to use a library or a museum.

Why you hate on Gata tho

because he is patriots loving scum

When a group of animals such as lions or antelopes get old, the older members of the group try to attack the younger, stronger members because they are afraid they will take their spot.

Alligators must scare people

Except this is a civilized society Gata. We don't rule by violence where the strongest specimen gets all the bitches. This society is run by dollar bills (of which you probably have very few).

And honestly even if we lived by the rule of the jungle (or if you prefer the Florida Constitution) a little runt like you would never have any chance to be the top dog, lion or whatever.

gata gata gata

Sanjuro

I think I've been faring better (as well as I can) with the Vengeful Spirit character. Both games I had a decent rankings I suppose. Rack up more deaths in the later portion of the game as people jump in and out.

Hg0Ft3k.png

Approaching level 20 saved my gold and ended up getting the Ultimate Upgrade. I'm still pretty slow on tossing out spells to help the other heroes around me when it's chaotic. Always seem to target the wrong person.

eznark

Banned
He is constantly quoted so that won't help. I'm hopeful that Deacon's post-mortems will help. And that junior in there yesterday talking about the draft was really a breath of fresh air.

BigAT

I think I've been faring better (as well as I can) with the Vengeful Spirit character. Both games I had a decent rankings I suppose. Rack up more deaths in the later portion of the game as people jump in and out.

Hg0Ft3k.png

Approaching level 20 saved my gold and ended up getting the Ultimate Upgrade. I'm still pretty slow on tossing out spells to help the other heroes around me when it's chaotic. Always seem to target the wrong person.

Wow, there is so much to process here.

-no boots Bounty
-0/0/0 Jugg (I know he abandoned, but that's a lot to farm and not be involved in anything)
-Abyssal Blade, S&Y Lion. Who was dominant apparently.
-Viper with nothing but slippers agility and a rapier?!
-Drow with 10K gold banked, but still with brown boots and a salve

Somnia

If you haven't looked into it yet, I highly recommend Life is Strange. Episode 1 is out now and Episode 2 is in March. Easily my GOTY as of right now, as long as the rest of the episodes live up to it.

Hg0Ft3k.png

My mind is full of fuck looking at this picture.

Sanjuro

We were pretty close to winning, but that Lion cleaned house. After that everyone just scattered in different directions mostly.

Somnia

^ Serious? So did they just show a bad part in the GB quick look or what?

That Lions build is sick!

Well fuck me...

No idea what they showed haven't watched that quick look. I really enjoyed episode 1. It has some issues like lip syncing issues, but great adventure game imo. TellTale need to take notes on this game to improve their future titles.

eznark

Banned
No idea what they showed haven't watched that quick look. I really enjoyed episode 1. It has some issues like lip syncing issues, but great adventure game imo. TellTale need to take notes on this game to improve their future titles.

Are there puzzles?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
The dota fuckery is so real in those early games. I remember watching a few of phee's and fmt's first solo games. It was just the best.

Top Bottom