• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

After many days and hours I have finally completed the Style Master Set. Only two master sets in the game:

10154442_1539657189601106_1558203608291080198_n.jpg

The reward:

10665800_1539657326267759_6308447101981191663_n.jpg

To complete this set you have to go through each of the Styles (8 in total). In each Style there are 4 challenges. To do these challenges you have to have your Team style be a certain level. I believe it goes 30, 50, 70, 90 for each game. Difficulty goes from Rookie to All Madden as you go up. To get to these style parameters you have to acquire players of that style and it adds to the Style chemistry.

Obviously it gets really hard the higher the number goes. At that point your team for that style is probably all Gold players with a few Elites. If you have enough coins you can go to Auction House and buy Elite coaches for a particular style and they help a ton. They provide a +25 boost to their style. Average about 30-35k coins for an Elite coach. At first I was completing the regular season challenges of a team to get their Gold coach (+15), but once you get enough coins you can do what I said above. Probably need at least 130k in coins to be able to comfortably buy/bid on players and build your Style set. Apply this to 8 styles with 4 challenges each and this takes a really long time.

Going rate on the Auction House for the Style Master versions of Manning and Kuechly:

10672213_1539658572934301_1028608354756184675_n.jpg

10395853_1539658652934293_3402746227106482885_n.jpg

Dat Kuechly.

Team filtered by best OVR ratings excluding Styles:

10468442_1539658079601017_8776544644175236416_n.jpg

10698480_1539658196267672_8544530767745734763_n.jpg

Long post but this took me a long time and feelsgoodman. If you've tried MUT you'll understand my pain.

Probably gonna keep both and resume playing online MUT matches. Gonna eat good.

Su2wCaF.gif

So what's the total cost for that? Dollars and hours.

I wish they kept track of hours. I'd estimate probably 15-20 hours at least. Maybe longer because you have to acquire highly rated players of a style and the only way to get coins is to play or sell cards from a pack.

In terms of dollars you can't buy coins, and the players in this Set can only be acquired by completing each challenge. You literally have to play and win. The only thing you can buy that effects the Styles is the type of coaches.

eznark said:
So your Ultimate Reward was a guy that got dumpstered by the Lions third string tight end?

Yah, but the game doesn't care about that! 95 OVR dude is a destroyer of worlds in this game.

Mrbob

Mmmmm, downloading Hyrule Warriors right now and it seems Shadow of Mordor is legit.

99twy1M.png

58k5Dp0.png

Good upcoming week for games.

wraithpowersv2.gif

Awww yisss.

Smokey

Yep seems to be legit. Also:

From ign shadow of modor review

On the PC side Mordor also compares to the Batman games, in that it’s of good quality. There are even some enhanced graphics settings, including an ultra-high texture setting that requires a full 6GB of video memory.

ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

EAD 970/980 plebs!!

Mrbob

Green Man Gaming has a 25 percent off coupon good for about another 10 hours. Just pre ordered Mordor for 37.49. PC gaming :bow

LiveWire

Yep seems to be legit. Also:

ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

EAD 970/980 plebs!!

So I'm guessing my 7980 won't run this maxed. After the problems this card had with some games,I think I'm switching to NVidia. What card would you recommend at $300, and what card at no price limit?

Smokey

So I'm guessing my 7980 won't run this maxed. After the problems this card had with some games,I think I'm switching to NVidia. What card would you recommend at $300, and what card at no price limit?

970 - $330
No limit - Get second hand Titan or Titan Black and OC it...you'll get 6GB VRAM

eznark

Banned
Oh damn Civ Beyond Earth sounds rad as well. Actually sounds like they added a lot from Fallen Enchantress in terms of the hostile terrain and feel of "surviving" for the first hundred turns. Makes sense since there was a lot of employee movement between those teams.

Somnia

I ended up preordering Mordor on PS4 digitally. I need more games on my console lol

Mordor this week, Alien soon after and Evil Within not long after that. Good month of games.

November with COD, GTA V and Dragon Age.

TheCrow

Nightz is still a kill-stealing sneak. Even found a way to farm the enemy fountain still.

Patch didn't change shit.
You guys had to resort to getting a ringer. FMT is too good.

Are you guys actually gonna be getting the 3DS version or just the Wii one?

I'm skipping the 3ds version. Already have a couple other games I need to get through after I finish Bravely Default.

eznark

Banned
I keep trying to go back to Bravely Default then I keep remembering that I put it down when I was asked to plan a fashion show and I put it back down again. What a fucking abysmal story that game has.

Goddamn ATs new avatar keeps making me think he's FMT. I was like "why the shit is FMT complaining about Nightz kill stealing?"

In related news, who wants to buy me the SF arcana? I'm willing to show some nip.

TheCrow

I keep trying to go back to Bravely Default then I keep remembering that I put it down when I was asked to plan a fashion show and I put it back down again. What a fucking abysmal story that game has.

It turns into groundhog day. I think the story is fine. I liked the twist, even though I should've seen it coming.

The new DOTA map confused me so much. I went out to ward the Rosh area and I had no idea where the fuck I was going and ended up dying.

TheCrow

I played like 15 hours of it, that was enough. I absolutely loved the battle system.

I'm nearing 99 hours. Though a ton of that is me passing out and leaving it on. Oh and grinding while I play other games. I should really finish it up this weekend. I think I'm on the last boss or near it. Excited to see how the big reveal plays out and to get into phoenix wright vs professor layton.

Mrbob

Hyrule Warriors is damn amazing. It might top Warriors Orochi 3 for best musou game of the year. What a time to be a fan of the series, so many good games out.

Dynasty Warriors 8XL = great
Warriors Orochi 3 = amazing
Hyrule Warriors = amazing
Samurai Warriors 4 = out oct 21 so we'll see!

Wii U best console this holiday season between Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2.

Top Bottom