• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

I had wondered what was included in the patch since it weighs in at almost 300mb. Glad to see the last fix as I've had multiple times where a defensive play would be called for me automatically.

It happened twice to me against FMT last night. I had no idea what was going on. Thankfully he didn't get any points out of it, but he did get some big gains.

TheCrow

Oh. That was excerpt from a 5.0 score review. Score is what it is, but it seems like the review industry is kinda saying there is no more room for these games. That GS review keeps bringin up Forza Horizon 2. Like any other kind of racing game is invalid. Maybe this is a dinosaur way of looking at things, and I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud, but ain't nobody got time or patience for those long setups. I'm glad they're still making pick up and go type games.

I remember Jaffe talking about getting old and playing more story free and short games and wanting to move in that direction. At the time, I wrote it off, but I'm more in that category now. And it's not just a lack of time: it's impatience on my part. I just get bored easily with those drawn out games. I can't believe I used to just drive around the GTA cities obeying all the traffic laws...

Yeah, I finally noticed that you were really just talking about that one review and I was taking about the aggregate.

I'm getting to that point too. Especially with open world games. I hate having to walk across cities to the next quest marker. Just give me the list of missions I have to do and lets get the narrative going. Only exceptions is where a game offers something that is actually novel and interesting. Only reason I have any interest in Shadows of Mordor is because the new boss hierarchy system looks cool. But even that isn't enough for me to buy it at launch. Mostly because it looks like just more assassins creed / arkham asylum gamplay.

if the game plays great, why does it have to be anything more than that to be considered above average?

many 'typical' racers fail at the most basic levels where it matters, so I appreciate when it's done right
Reviewers probably don't think that enough anymore to warrant 10s. A lot of 8 games do play great but lack that one thing that propels it above all the other games. Destiny plays great but there's nothing there that keeps my attention.

eznark

Banned
Reviewers probably don't think that enough anymore to warrant 10s. A lot of 8 games do play great but lack that one thing that propels it above all the other games. Destiny plays great but there's nothing there that keeps my attention.

That's basically why it'll be one of my top games of the year. I like being able to do other stuff while playing it. I think Mordor is an awesome game but I feel like it's such a commitment to load it up.

Give me great mechanics and fuck the rest, I don't have time for bad story telling.

I miss Halos story telling at first. But eznarks right, I'm so glad I have Destiny digital. It's great to for a few games here and a little farming there. Really easy to come back to.

TheCrow

True. I just rather not waste my time with it by going through the motions. Gotta be the best lawyer that phoenix wright can be. oh, and solve some puzzles as the shitty professor layton.

Mrbob

Aww yissss my PS4 just started downloading a big update for diablo 3. Greater rifts and treasure rifts now patched in. Basically everything of the big PC patch sans seasons.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Of course the iron banner is only team objective. The worst mode to play with randoms

CB3

Aww yissss my PS4 just started downloading a big update for diablo 3. Greater rifts and treasure rifts now patched in. Basically everything of the big PC patch sans seasons.

Everything the big PC patch got except the big part.

brentech

Had to drop of a return package at UPS. Since my GameStop is next door, I traded in my UFC game and got a PSN card. Most likely get DriveClub

Guy was like, "are you here to pick up NBA2k?"
I just laughed at him.
He was happy about that.

CB3

Had to drop of a return package at UPS. Since my GameStop is next door, I traded in my UFC game and got a PSN card. Most likely get DriveClub

Guy was like, "are you here to pick up NBA2k?"
I just laughed at him.
He was happy about that.

After that you told him you were buying NBA live, right? Then there was an awkward silence.

Mrbob

NBA2K15 just tried to kill my PS4. My PS4 turned on all of a sudden and the NBA2K15 disc popped out. Then the drive kept attempting to access the disc with no disc inserted and I couldn't put my PS4 disc back in. Same thing happened after a restart. Thankfully a cold reboot of pulling the PS4 power cable out worked.

Everything the big PC patch got except the big part.

Since seasons kind of suck right now not really.

Oh shit really!?

Yup. Blizzard kind enough to include update notes.

I'll try to be home before 10pm PST. Hopefully that works.

If tonight doesn't work lets try for tomorrow night.

Smokey

How's 2K this year?

6-1 in my early online 2k15 career. The 1 loss coming to some bandwagon Cavs clown in my first game who caught me at my weakest moment. Since then no more L's. No disconnects either and it's launch day. Progress?

It feels like the players have a bit more momentum so defense is kind of a struggle, but this happens every year < 10 games in. There's a bunch of adjustments you can make now to defend each individual player. That's nice. They've added a shooting meter under players for shot timing. A bar is in the middle and when a player goes for a shot the bar fills up. If it's on the left hand side and yellow, it was an early release. Right hand side and yellow it was late. Red means you have no chance of making the shot. If you time it right and it hits the middle line it is green and that means the shot is going in. Feels like baby mode specifically made for terrible 2k players like CB, but whatever.

Haven't tried any other modes yet. Grindin' is on the soundtrack which makes this the best 2k Beats to date.

DCX

DCX
Lol send Squall messages on PSN, ignores them, post here ignores it just signs into Destiny smh

DCX

Trasher

U9qSJgC.png

Ramirez

That was definitely on purpose, only fake ST play I've ever called. Wasn't gonna punt it to you and let some lucky ass lob to Graham ice the game on a FG.

He got the ball back with a minute 1/2 to go, a TD woulda won, not like that play is why ya lost, but by all means, be mad.

Top Bottom