• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Hopefully they figure it out, Brent. From my experiences with GIs, they're just guessing over and over. I hate GIs. Earlier this year I was getting intense pains and it got to the point where I was real dizzy and seeing stars once a week. Was told I probably had gallstones, nope. Then it's UC, nope. Turns out it was just a single ulcer, nope that doesn't explain other symptoms. Ok you have IBS, plus that ulcer. What's IBS? Well it's really a collection of symptoms and we aren't sure what causes it, and it's different for everyone, so we'll be trying a few different medications. Ended up seeing 3 GIs until I found medicine that made it so I can live with it.

-_-

Fuck GIs.

brentech

Lol. I have UC myself (and come to the hospital as an outpatient every 8 weeks for a Remicade infusion). Reason I havent worked a particular job since 2009. I just kind of find work from time to time on computers or detailing cars.

My wife is a pharmacist. So at least she kind has an idea of everything doctors are telling her and what not, but it also makes her afraid of stuff she likely doesn't have.
Hope this is just in infection, but if it is, it's a bad one.
Two of us can't be having chronic diseases...
She got admitted. Just waiting for them to move her to inpatient.

Greg

Why limit club size?
there is shared XP and unlocks tied to club level, so I think it's just a balance thing so that people in smaller clubs aren't at a disadvantage/people in large clubs don't unlock everything immediately

and 12 is max amount of racers, so I guess it makes sense for club vs. club races

Ferny

So any other masochists still picking up 2k?

After hearing the online league restrictions, nope. I will pass this year.

Phee, I should be able to play tonight, but I will give you a timeframe closer to the afternoon as I have a conference call scheduled late and it always goes later than usual.

eznark

Banned
there is shared XP and unlocks tied to club level, so I think it's just a balance thing so that people in smaller clubs aren't at a disadvantage/people in large clubs don't unlock everything immediately

and 12 is max amount of racers, so I guess it makes sense for club vs. club races

Can you be in more than one club?

Rorschach

Skimming through drive club reviews, it seems that reviewers are upset by the fact that you don't have to chore, or run errands before and after you race. Makes me want to buy it more. I hate what racing games have become since BO Paradise. These "free roaming" racers bore me as do the collectathons that dominate the genre. What happened to just racing?
, one that gets you onto the track with minimal fuss and tests your command of the vehicle whose wheel you grasp.
Fucking sign me up. I can't see how this is a negative.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I usually dont like open world racers either. Though i did find the first forza horizon to be amazing.

There needs to be more games like the Dirt series!

TheCrow

Skimming through drive club reviews, it seems that reviewers are upset by the fact that you don't have to chore, or run errands before and after you race. Makes me want to buy it more. I hate what racing games have become since BO Paradise. These "free roaming" racers bore me as do the collectathons that dominate the genre. What happened to just racing?
Fucking sign me up. I can't see how this is a negative.

Probably because hundreds of games have done that already.

Rorschach

Probably because hundreds of games have done that already.
You could say that about a lot of games. No need to get rid of that genre. No need to shoehorn in rpg elements or free roaming into every damn game. Just let me race, damnit. Wish there was a new BO3 Takedown type of game.

eznark

Banned
You could say that about a lot of games. No need to get rid of that genre. No need to shoehorn in rpg elements or free roaming into every damn game. Just let me race, damnit. Wish there was a new BO3 Takedown type of game.

Pretty sure there are RPG elements in Drive Club.

TheCrow

Well then you get the reviews that drive club gets. 7.5 average sounds about right for a game that is your typical racer. You were complaining about the reviews so thats why I brought that up. Theres plenty of games that are 7s to 8s that I really enjoy but that doesn't mean they should get 10s.

I also just don't get racing games. Especially the middle of the line games that don't go arcade or don't go sim. I love mario kart games and could see myself liking hardcore simulation racers if I had the proper set up.

Greg

Well then you get the reviews that drive club gets. 7.5 average sounds about right for a game that is your typical racer. You were complaining about the reviews so thats why I brought that up. Theres plenty of games that are 7s to 8s that I really enjoy but that doesn't mean they should get 10s.

I also just don't get racing games. Especially the middle of the line games that don't go arcade or don't go sim. I love mario kart games and could see myself liking hardcore simulation racers if I had the proper set up.
you could've said this first

TheCrow

you could've said this first

How does me not like most racing games disprove anything else I said. So drive club most do something that sets it apart from all other racing games and reviewers are somehow blind to it for them to give it mediocre scores.

Mrbob

I had wondered what was included in the patch since it weighs in at almost 300mb. Glad to see the last fix as I've had multiple times where a defensive play would be called for me automatically.

I also hope the WR logic fix works. I've had some odd situations occur on one on one man coverages. My WR will have the inside route and I'll lead the pass to the inside yet the WR doesn't move towards the ball and the CB does. Very irritating when it is a streak play with 1 on 1 coverage and the CB with his head away from the ball breaks inside on the ball while the WR does nothing. Spidey senses tingling for the CB but not the WR.

Rorschach

Oh. That was excerpt from a 5.0 score review. Score is what it is, but it seems like the review industry is kinda saying there is no more room for these games. That GS review keeps bringin up Forza Horizon 2. Like any other kind of racing game is invalid. Maybe this is a dinosaur way of looking at things, and I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud, but ain't nobody got time or patience for those long setups. I'm glad they're still making pick up and go type games.

I remember Jaffe talking about getting old and playing more story free and short games and wanting to move in that direction. At the time, I wrote it off, but I'm more in that category now. And it's not just a lack of time: it's impatience on my part. I just get bored easily with those drawn out games. I can't believe I used to just drive around the GTA cities obeying all the traffic laws...

eznark

Banned
Oh. That was excerpt from a 5.0 score review. Score is what it is, but it seems like the review industry is kinda saying there is no more room for these games. That GS review keeps bringin up Forza Horizon 2. Like any other kind of racing game is invalid. Maybe this is a dinosaur way of looking at things, and I'm just an old man yelling at a cloud, but ain't nobody got time or patience for those long setups. I'm glad they're still making pick up and go type games.

I remember Jaffe talking about getting old and playing more story free and short games and wanting to move in that direction. At the time, I wrote it off, but I'm more in that category now. And it's not just a lack of time: it's impatience on my part. I just get bored easily with those drawn out games. I can't believe I used to just drive around the GTA cities obeying all the traffic laws...

VanOrd is a clown. He has claimed that GTA IV changed his life, made him see the world in a different perspective and when he woke up the day after completing the game he "was a much, much better person." He is unstable. Also hilarious.

Anyone get Costume Quest 2?

McNei1y

Luke when do you want to ball? I should be getting my ethernet cord today so the online should be smooth. I'd prefer to play around 7 or so well before the nats game. Let me know.

YsK1XU6.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont know if its in those patch notes but in my last game Foles got stuck in the PA read animation and just sat there pretending to fake the ball until getting sacked. fucking game!

Greg

How does me not like most racing games disprove anything else I said. So drive club most do something that sets it apart from all other racing games and reviewers are somehow blind to it for them to give it mediocre scores.
if the game plays great, why does it have to be anything more than that to be considered above average?

many 'typical' racers fail at the most basic levels where it matters, so I appreciate when it's done right
I dont know if its in those patch notes but in my last game Foles got stuck in the PA read animation and just sat there pretending to fake the ball until getting sacked. fucking game!
working as intended!

Top Bottom