• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Ramirez

Sure did. Ultimately i knew we'd wind up here sooner than later.

You hold a grudge against me because I beat you in the SB, get over it bruh.

Because we both know, you're not this into me because I ran the score up on the cpu, lol.

Nightz

have they said why it isn't up? probably because the servers are still down and when you have the word club in the name it's kind of important to be able to create one

They posted this on their Facebook account 6 hours ago:

#DRIVECLUB is available from today in America and the global servers are live for online play!

We are aware however that many players are receiving an error message indicating 'there is a fault with your internet connection' and we are investigating what appears to be a wider server issue behind this problem.

It's not affecting everybody and the game will keep trying to connect to the server automatically, so you don't need to do anything with the game (like re-install or restart over and over) to establish connectivity.

Please let us know your experience with the game so far if you're already playing - and please tag friends if they're having the same problem so that they know we are working on it.

We will update you as soon as we know more about this.

No updates since.

LJ11

No, I enjoyed the game, I just wasn't going to go past one season. Not many like me here, and it's mutual for the most part, so why bother?

That's a shame, I assumed you disliked the game. Quality member as far as I'm concerned. Hate to see vets drop, especially when it's because they dislike other members. :(

Ramirez

That's a shame, I assumed you disliked the game. Quality member as far as I'm concerned. Hate to see vets drop, especially when it's because they dislike other members. :(

Thanks, bud.

I enjoy the game to a point, but it does have a lot of issues that hurt the fun against better players. The momentum system is complete garbage, my main complaint.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You hold a grudge against me because I beat you in the SB, get over it bruh.

Because we both know, you're not this into me because I ran the score up on the cpu, lol.

You are hardly the first to beat me in the superbowl. CK beat me and he is one of my favorite people ever in this league. Crow beat me and we are dota bros.

There are 3 other people that decide things in this league. I cant act on things alone. If i could, this would have happened a long time ago. Its not like that is some big secret. You managed to be enough of a scumbag to convince two others to come on my side. I was just biding my time. Waiting to strike. You didnt disappoint.

brentech

have they said why it isn't up? probably because the servers are still down and when you have the word club in the name it's kind of important to be able to create one

Hrm, thought I only had a few gigs downloaded, but apparently the whole 16gb is!
Completed a few races. Definitely more of a sim guy, but the game plays well. I suspect it will be fun online as long as you know a few in it.

What made NeoGAF GT5 league good was we had rules in place to prevent too many crashes. You're racing, and shit is bound to happen, but when ever I played against randoms in GT5, you knew someone was just going to smash you on purpose or take everyone out on the first turn.

Doing a 30 lap race that takes about and hour and half was kind of exhilarating with full physics model and a wheel. (You want to see people be bitter in the post game, you should have seen those threads at times, holy shit.) Sunhi always came through with good gifs of the races as well. And we had our own scoring system for the league. That was all done really well.

Hopefully driving with a club and just competition will provide some of those feels in this game.

LJ11

Thanks, bud.

I enjoy the game to a point, but it does have a lot of issues that hurt the fun against better players. The momentum system is complete garbage, my main complaint.

This momentum shit can be nuts, and I curse all the fucking time while I'm playing, but I will say I had a great stutter run on Pistol that was kind of a wow moment. Looked like Marshawn Lynch. So every once out of 40 or so games you'll see something impressive.

Edit: I don't know what Rams done to be labeled a scumbag, but I think this unnecessary. Just talk in private, don't air this out. I should stay out of this...

eznark

Banned
So you think that it's
over Say your love has
finally reached the
end
Anytime you call Night
or day I'll be right
there for you
If you need a friend Yeah
It's gonna take a little time
Time is sure to mend
your broken heart
Don't you even worry
Pretty darlin'
I know you'll find love again

CB3

Im sure you're a nice enough guy, ramirez. In madden league terms (and i guess videogames in general. i had your halo incident mentioned to me more than once tonight), i think of you as a scumbag. It is what it is.

BigAT

So you think that it's
over Say your love has
finally reached the
end
Anytime you call Night
or day I'll be right
there for you
If you need a friend Yeah
It's gonna take a little time
Time is sure to mend
your broken heart
Don't you even worry
Pretty darlin'
I know you'll find love again

0/10.

Not even Goos lyrics.

Ramirez

Im sure you're a nice enough guy, ramirez. In madden league terms (and i guess videogames in general. i had your halo incident mentioned to me more than once tonight), i think of you as a scumbag. It is what it is.

It's whatever. People holding grudges over games, serious business B O Y S.

CB3

For reference drizz, when im playing destiny i almost always have the game on mute listening to a song or podcast or something. send me a message if you need something. I saw your mic going there but didnt catch what you were saying

McNei1y

0/10.

Not even Goos lyrics.

Could you whisper in my ear
The things you wanna feel
I'd give you anythin'
To feel it comin'

Do you wake up on your own
And wonder where you are?
You live with all your faults

I wanna wake up where you are
I won't say anything at all
So why don't you slide

Yeah, I'm gonna let it slide

Rorschach

Join game. Weaver gets mid. Weaver says he's abandoning. Weaver just disconnects without abandoning. We have to wait the five minutes, so we say fuck it and just play it. Rubick takes Weavers spot. Commence owning of other team. Too bad it doesn't count as a win anymore T_T

brentech

DriveClub servers still down.

facepalm.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
whoops, I posted this in the actual Madden thread on accident after the game - GG man

Yeah it most definitely wasn't a safety. Forward progress should have been out to the 1 at least.

I get the desire to blitz and generate pressure, but you kept showing strict man to man with it and never any zone blitzes. I just kept going after the one on one.

Greg

Yeah it most definitely wasn't a safety. Forward progress should have been out to the 1 at least.

I get the desire to blitz and generate pressure, but you kept showing strict man to man with it and never any zone blitzes. I just kept going after the one on one.
I was hoping there would be a challenge on it, and it wouldn't even let me into the menu at any point between the safety and punt

I don't think 2 points mattered at that point though, haha

DriveClub servers still down.

facepalm.gif
damn

I don't know how the Club XP works, but you guys would've been rich with it after all the playing I did yesterday

eznark

Banned
I only played a few races. I just can't get interested knowing so much of the game is locked behind dead servers right now.

TheCrow

Should've just played dota with us ram. Look at me. Everyone loves me now!
smile.gif

Edit: Sorry about that cb. Passed out after work yesterday so I missed your steam message. You going to be around tonight?

Should've just played dota with us ram. Look at me. Everyone loves me now!
smile.gif

Edit: Sorry about that cb. Passed out after work yesterday so I missed your steam message. You going to be around tonight?

I saw them playing a dota game last night and almost went into mumble to chat with them but then the game loaded up for me to watch and they were getting wrecked so I didn't bother. I can only imagine what AT was saying.

eznark

Banned
I saw them playing a dota game last night and almost went into mumble to chat with them but then the game loaded up for me to watch and they were getting wrecked so I didn't bother. I can only imagine what AT was saying.

I don't even remember one single thing about that game. I did win an awesome game right before that with a sweet Drow - Medusa - Phoenix - Meepo - Ember lineup. Finally knocked that Drow out! It was only 3 tries but I've been on her for weeks.

TheCrow

Thats the best time to join. How else will you meet your daily sodium requirement.

Greg

I just turned the game on and the servers are up - want me to make a club?

4-15 characters, someone give me a name

Sokantish

Name it "if you ain't first, you're last." No one has taken that for sure! It's a quote from the classic movie Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. I believe its actually part of The Criterion Collection now

Smokey

Who would have thought Sony would have PSN issues with a big first party release.

They also were probably shocked the game sucked dick critically and want suckers to buy full version first instead of ps+

Greg

Who would have thought Sony would have PSN issues with a big first party release.

They also were probably shocked the game sucked dick critically and want suckers to buy full version first instead of ps+
damn, they got me

tricked me into having a good time

Top Bottom