• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

SickBoy

You know when you do it, though. I've called like four wasted timeouts this season because of accidental fake punts.

I'm not going to say I deserved to win. I was outplayed. It was close in part due to a combination of luck and a pitiful few defensive stops. I forced too many throws and the Pitt D was solid. But if that wasn't the BS-iest BS call that ever BSed...

I still had a chance to win it... But I started on my own 10, down 5 instead of down 2 with a minute and no timeouts instead of closer to the 30 with a lot more time and a full complement of TOs.

That was definitely on purpose, only fake ST play I've ever called. Wasn't gonna punt it to you and let some lucky ass lob to Graham ice the game on a FG.

He got the ball back with a minute 1/2 to go, a TD woulda won, not like that play is why ya lost, but by all means, be mad.

3. Fourth down rules. This is a tough one that i'm hoping doesn't need to be spelled out more specifically but basically if you have a 4th and very short (1 yard or less) in your opponents territory I see no issue with going for it. Another scenario where I see no issues is when you are on the cusp of fg range. Lets say you have a 4th and 5 from your opponents 37 yard line. Is that ok to go for it? I would say yes.

Obviously if you are losing late in the game on your last drive you can go for it in any circumstance. DO NOT go for it on 4th down in your own territory outside of the previous instance.

roger-goodell1.jpg

Ramirez

That legitimizes the fake punt for sure.

You shouldn't have even been in the game, 36% with Drew Brees and you're trying to lay blame on a fake punt, ok bud.

Not even gonna argue, you dudes don't want me in, I'll finish this season out and trade this in.

SickBoy

You shouldn't have even been in the game, 36% with Drew Brees and you're trying to lay blame on a fake punt, ok bud.

Not even gonna argue, you dudes don't want me in, I'll finish this season out and trade this in.

No, I said this:

I'm not going to say I deserved to win. I was outplayed. It was close in part due to a combination of luck and a pitiful few defensive stops. I forced too many throws and the Pitt D was solid. But if that wasn't the BS-iest BS call that ever BSed...

Ramirez

Which is exactly why I called the fake, you were getting every lucky break, why should I punt to the 30-40 and let you run the clock down and kick a FG to win?

I mean you guys were telling Story that a FB dive can get stuffed, but a 4th and 2 with some slow ass ST player is automatic? lol

SickBoy

Which is exactly why I called the fake, you were getting every lucky break, why should I punt to the 30-40 and let you run the clock down and kick a FG to win?

I mean you guys were telling Story that a FB dive can get stuffed, but a 4th and 2 with some slow ass ST player is automatic? lol

Oddly enough, I thought the reason you would do that is because allegedly this league plays a certain brand of football and has a certain rule set that I thought people would actually adhere to.

Congratulations on your hard-earned win.

Ramirez

Oddly enough, I thought the reason you would do that is because allegedly this league plays a certain brand of football and has a certain rule set that I thought people would actually adhere to.

Congratulations on your hard-earned win.

hahaha, you're so mad.

The way Gradkowski was carving up your secondary wasnt very sim like either, but what can I do?!

SickBoy

hahaha, you're so mad.

The way Gradkowski was carving up your secondary wasnt very sim like either, but what can I do?!

Yeah, you were totally killing me, yet you still lacked the confidence to actually play in the league rules. And better yet, you're acting now like you're in the right.

I'll get over being mad... you'll still be a dick.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We talked.

mlIbMmu_zps734cdfdb.gif

If it had been up to me, you wouldnt have wasted 60 bucks buying the game in the first place. See ya!

hate that it had to come to this but this is what had to happen. sickboy is absolutely right in that we have this league to cut down on as much of the bullshit as possible. it will never be eliminated because the game is the game but in that scenario that is inappropriate. you add in the attitude afterwards and its just not something the league needs.

we will have the steelers replacement shortly

Greg

Luke ran no huddle against me on his first drive last week after Bortles dropped an 80-yard bomb on his sorry ass!

my elite Jag D held him to 3 though

LJ11

Good game Pistol. Made too many mistakes but still had a chance to pull out the W. I knew I should have gone for it late in the gam. Playcalling on first down was too predictable on my end, you were selling out to stop the run, a PA pass was never called on first, pathetic on my end. Run run pass, or run, pass pass.

Tried to bate you into an INT early in the game, led to a TD, was there with the safety but he never jumped I should have swatted. Tried to bate you a few times, but never got one. You on the other hand had the mother of all bates, great pick in the flats, had two options and took the safe one to be honest but you played 50/50 and made it a tight throw.

Never hit you with a screen off those corner blitzes. Bad playcalling on my end man, should have made you pay. Tried to protect against the screen on your last series, fucking Long got blocked.

Good game though, had fun even though I got the L.

Splat

Let's make Ram quotes more accurate!

"You shouldn't have even been in the game, 36% with Drew Brees and you're trying to lay blame on a fake punt, ok bud."

becomes

"I had to break the rules to win a game against a 36% Drew Brees!"

My fake punt was definitely an accident. I feel like you guys play me enough to know my play calling is way too conservative for that shit.

i know it was because there would have been no reason to call a fake punt there. your D was playing lights out and it was a 4th and 5-ish.... too risky and you don't give a team that has put 6 points on the board field position at around your own 30. maybe in a shootout where you couldn't stop somebody you think about it but this was a brutal defensive game.

i have also accidentally picked fake fg or fake punt because of the shitty playcall menus and had to call a timeout. if i wasn't in the habit of looking at my play art on EVERY PLAY i would have never known in those instances

SickBoy

Certainly not the result I was expecting or asking for in my ranting...

On the topic of fakes, I've probably burned four or five TOs this season due to accidental calls. It's natural to press X to try to get through between-play scenes, and that button always seems to be assigned to some sort of fake.

Good game Pistol. Made too many mistakes but still had a chance to pull out the W. I knew I should have gone for it late in the gam. Playcalling on first down was too predictable on my end, you were selling out to stop the run, a PA pass was never called on first, pathetic on my end. Run run pass, or run, pass pass.

Tried to bate you into an INT early in the game, led to a TD, was there with the safety but he never jumped I should have swatted. Tried to bate you a few times, but never got one. You on the other hand had the mother of all bates, great pick in the flats, had two options and took the safe one to be honest but you played 50/50 and made it a tight throw.

Never hit you with a screen off those corner blitzes. Bad playcalling on my end man, should have made you pay. Tried to protect against the screen on your last series, fucking Long got blocked.

Good game though, had fun even though I got the L.

Most definitely man, it was a lot of fun. Although it wasn't a user pick, you did bait me on the int I threw on the first play of the second half. I saw the deep safety was creeping and I tried to go over the top. Somehow the guy playing man to man ran moore's route for him and snatched it out the air. Huge win for me with FMT coming up next. Win or lose, it was a lot of fun nonetheless

On the topic of fakes, I've probably burned four or five TOs this season due to accidental calls. It's natural to press X to try to get through between-play scenes, and that button always seems to be assigned to some sort of fake.

I also mash X to get through playcalling screens and so I've been trying to mash circle instead. Unfortunately, old habits die hard.

LJ11

Most definitely man, it was a lot of fun. Although it wasn't a user pick, you did bait me on the int I threw on the first play of the second half. I saw the deep safety was creeping and I tried to go over the top. Somehow the guy playing man to man ran moore's route for him and snatched it out the air. Huge win for me with FMT coming up next. Win or lose, it was a lot of fun nonetheless

You have to beat him for me!

eznark

Banned

You are a hero

Ramirez

lol, what's funny is I told Luke I woulda been booted for what he did to Greg, you guys are consistent, I'll give you that.

I was quitting at the end of this season anyways, I just wanted to boot smokey from the playoffs.

brentech

You have a point of the punt being a lose lose, in regard of your decision, but everything you've said since has culminated in "eat a dick, loser".

Don't think if you get booted if you just explain it and leave it at that.

LJ11

Honest question, if you weren't enjoying the game, and were going to quit anyway, why keep playing the game? Why spend your time doing something you don't want to be doing?

Ramirez

Honest question, if you weren't enjoying the game, and were going to quit anyway, why keep playing the game? Why spend your time doing something you don't want to be doing?

No, I enjoyed the game, I just wasn't going to go past one season. Not many like me here, and it's mutual for the most part, so why bother?

Greg

i will join your club.... if only sony would put up the PS+ version so i could try it out and be confident in purchasing the full version.

IF ONLY!
have they said why it isn't up? probably because the servers are still down and when you have the word club in the name it's kind of important to be able to create one

Top Bottom