• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

Man I definitely want to play more than a couple of seasons. League is lacking sizzle, but I think it's a fun game. There just so very little Madden talk in this thread, makes it seem like everyone's disinterested, or maybe they are...

Squall, I'll be around after 8 eastern tomorrow night if that works for you.

They legit ruined it with terrible Dota talk 24/7. I feel you LJ.

Luke let me know when you're available

Ferny

Nah man we used to get really deep into the mechanics of the game itself. I felt that if anyone followed the thread and played one season with us they would be a top tier player against their friends family and randoms.

I barely check the topic anymore because I'm not real interested in DOTA or any other gaming for that matter. I just want to play and talk about Madden and our league, there isn't any of that in here.

I actually remember when the thread was like this. I honestly remember there being Madden talk for pages and not a mention of anything else cept for the occasional I got a new game and it's cool talk.

Sometimes there is a little too much Dota talk for the thread BUT I see this as really a group thread now and not so much a Madden league thread. For the most part a lot of us play a lot of games together so you're going to have that overlap in discussion.

Smokey

I actually remember when the thread was like this. I honestly remember there being Madden talk for pages and not a mention of anything else cept for the occasional I got a new game and it's cool talk.

Sometimes there is a little too much Dota talk for the thread BUT I see this as really a group thread now and not so much a Madden league thread. For the most part a lot of us play a lot of games together so you're going to have that overlap in discussion.

Pretty much. Most of the convo has just moved from AIM to here . It's not necessarily a bad thing but when yall get to DOTA speak for consecutive pages it is literally the worst thing on this forum .

That's why I didn't care about my MUT spam. At least its on topic!

Ferny

Pretty much. Most of the convo has just moved from AIM to here . It's not necessarily a bad thing but when yall get to DOTA speak for consecutive pages it is literally the worst thing on this forum .

That's why I didn't care about my MUT spam. At least its on topic!

Your MUT talk was actually useful tho. Helped me out a lot.

Smokey

Speaking of MUT, they have Breast Cancer Awareness packs available. I've bought some and the proceeds go to that foundation. You get some really good players , and there's also a BCA Master set to complete. I haven't felt too bad buying these since it's for a good cause, and I get good players out of it. Win win!

Speaking of MUT, they have Breast Cancer Awareness packs available. I've bought some and the proceeds go to that foundation. You get some really good players , and there's also a BCA Master set to complete. I haven't felt too bad buying these since it's for a good cause, and I get good players out of it. Win win!

what router do you use now

I think it's time for an upgrade for me

Ferny

Is anyone doing FIFA UT? It has so many cool features that I wish were brought over to Madden, but MUT is getting there too?

You guys don't think he should get a router that's ac compatible? Might as well get something more future proof. Especially since N is so garbage if you're more than about 20 feet away from your router.

JABEE

Is the Madden Connected Franchise app having some difficulties right now? A notification just popped up saying "new league." I can't sign into the app either.

Edit: Never mind. The league website works.

brentech

You guys don't think he should get a router that's ac compatible? Might as well get something more future proof. Especially since N is so garbage if you're more than about 20 feet away from your router.
I don't expect AC cards to be more prevalent within a year. By 2 years, probably need a new one anyways.

All the AC cards now don't even match the quality of the routers throughput, so it's a real crap shoot for what you're paying.

I don't expect AC cards to be more prevalent within a year. By 2 years, probably need a new one anyways.

All the AC cards now don't even match the quality of the routers throughput, so it's a real crap shoot for what you're paying.

I wouldn't care if AC had the exact same throughput as N, so long as it had better range.

Smokey

PS4 doesn't even have N compatibility. It makes a HUGE difference. The speed I get when using it on X1 is night and day.

Once again Sony sucks.

brentech

I wouldn't care if AC had the exact same throughput as N, so long as it had better range.
Not any more valid. Most devices he would likely be using wireless for won't have AC compatability for years to make use of the range.

at least from what I've read, I don't see anything saying that the range part of the equation will help with non AC items.

Not any more valid. Most devices he would likely be using wireless for won't have AC compatability for years to make use of the range.

at least from what I've read, I don't see anything saying that the range part of the equation will help with non AC items.

I have AC compatibility on my phone. I'm sure you could also get a AC swith or something and just hardwire it to the PS4 or whatever your console of choice is.

Nah man we used to get really deep into the mechanics of the game itself. I felt that if anyone followed the thread and played one season with us they would be a top tier player against their friends family and randoms.

I barely check the topic anymore because I'm not real interested in DOTA or any other gaming for that matter. I just want to play and talk about Madden and our league, there isn't any of that in here.

we actually don't even talk that much dota anymore either! this is kind of like the madden community league thread where we talk about whatever and we are immune from the rules of neogaf!

i usually try to write a brief summary on my games but that usually only happens in detail when i win because i'm butthurt about the loss. for the playoff games, i was going to do a write up myself on each game just kind of going over what happened for peoples viewing entertainment! they do that in the other league and its interesting.

as for how things used to be, i think there was a lot of GG Buts and bitching. that was a time when madden online ruled the competitive gaming scene! for me personally, i still love playing in the league, still look forward to it, still gameplay (in my mind before the game), still get pumped when i win and get really pissed when i lose. the day i stop giving a shit if i lose is the day i've lost interest but that isn't the case!

in MADDEN related news, i'm curious to see how the random draft class works. it is exciting that people won't be able to use the cheat charts (hey that 7th round graded LB magically got taken late first! weird!) but i also don't fully trust tiburon to have this shit not be broken

Greg

I don't even know what stats I should be looking for

I know most of them are probably bullshit, and garbage like swag and Gatorade ratings probably make more of an impact on the field than anything else

Greg

I need a stat that's like a confidence multiplier because 90% of my team has been depressed for the entire season, and the rest are too stupid to feel depressed

I don't even know what stats I should be looking for

I know most of them are probably bullshit, and garbage like swag and Gatorade ratings probably make more of an impact on the field than anything else

if you go into "improve players" (or whatever it's called, basically spending your XP) they give you a little summary of what every stat does. not sure if everyone else realized this as well but it is good insight as to what each attribute does. SOME of the attributes which i previously thought would affect on-field play actually only matter with regards to gaining XP and the amount of XP gained.

as for what you should look for, it's different for each position and everyone has different things they value. one thing i like to look for when scouting receivers in Catch ball in Traffic stat. i'll also look for blockshedding on my lineman, play recognition on my linebackers, etc. i don't find out exactly what the rating is on many guys because it's too expensive, but i try to pick and choose to get the letter grade so i can have a decent stable of scouted players.

one mistake i've made in the past is scouting top-heavy. i spent too many points on guys who were graded out in the top 3 rounds. this was stupid because i only had a few picks in the first 3 rounds. THEN, when the bottom part of the draft came along i was almost drafting blind.

Greg

oh, that's good to know

and does anyone know if XP gains reset in between seasons? I've just been saving mine across the board until I sit down and decide what I'm looking for out of certain positions... and then there are those bigger XP purchases I can't tell if they're bullshit or not (I can't remember the name of the tab offhand - maybe traits?)

TheCrow

oh, that's good to know

and does anyone know if XP gains reset in between seasons? I've just been saving mine across the board until I sit down and decide what I'm looking for out of certain positions... and then there are those bigger XP purchases I can't tell if they're bullshit or not (I can't remember the name of the tab offhand - maybe traits?)

It should stay. XP got nerfed so hard that I think the only way to see a notable improvement is through either free agency or the draft. It takes a ton of xp to raise the important stats, even when they are in the 80s.

brentech

I missed 2 of our 3 drafts last year, even though I did the scouting. But when I scout, I always make sure to check a lot of guys later in the draft. (I'm the opposite. I under scout the first and 2nd round.)
Last year you had to scout their scheme and player type, but this year that's already provided. So I usually don't scout guys that don't fit the general scheme when it comes to lineman and linebackers (unless maybe their weight and size seems like it would fit. I probably put way too much value in realistic player positions).

Offense, I don't worry too much about that. But I look for guys and check a few position specific stats and if they are basically graded a C or better, I'll look into their other stats a bit more until a find something I don't like. If all seems well I'll usually get their OVR estimate at some point.

I wite down the names of my targets. If I come across a A or even a B player that's in a position I need, I'll draft him early because there is a chance someone else found him as well.

BigAT

I went to a random page in the Madden 12 thread to see what the chatter was like. Bob and eznark were arguing about which one of them tried to intentionally lose their game in order to get a better draft pick spot. Seemingly, both of them tried to tank. Shameful.

Originally Posted by eznark

You ran backwards on three straight plays from the goal line. As in, literally turned around and ran the other way. If you want to tank, don't waste my time by making us play. Just forfeit.

Originally Posted by FrenchMovieTheme

come on bob cut the bullshit with this losing on purpose. if i see obvious cases of people throwing games to get a better draft position i'm going to have to look at possible cap or draft punishment.

everyone has been warned now!

Originally Posted by Mrbob

1) He missed a 20 yard fg in the game

2) He decided to do a FG fake run on another 20 yard kick to not get points.

He tried to tank me, and I decided not to let him!

Originally Posted by DCX

the anti-tank swerve? Wat-de-hell is going on in here???

DCX

Originally Posted by CB3

5qrXm.gif

Originally Posted by Nightz

micheal-jackson-thriller-popcorn-animated.gif

So the moral of the story is, if you want more Madden discussion, start intentionally throwing games.

Also DCX did a Youtube breakdown of some bullshit play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHPRkReADk&feature=feedu

brentech

Got my desk all in upheaval and waiting for the new monitors to arrive. PS4 looks great on the desk. Just need the UPS guy to make the stop.

Sokantish

I went to a random page in the Madden 12 thread to see what the chatter was like. Bob and eznark were arguing about which one of them tried to intentionally lose their game in order to get a better draft pick spot. Seemingly, both of them tried to tank. Shameful.

So the moral of the story is, if you want more Madden discussion, start intentionally throwing games.

Also DCX did a Youtube breakdown of some bullshit play:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHPRkReADk&feature=feedu

BigAT, why wont you play Madden with us?

Greg

I actually just looked up the list of LoL heroes, I miss Fiddlesticks and Nasus
Fiddle ult was so good

Zilean was probably my all-around favorite though, especially when everyone expected you to build support and you ended up carrying

Top Bottom