• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

SickBoy

Dem Bayonetta 2 reviews. Based Platinum does it again.

Sickboy I can play after Monday night football.

Hey Bob, sorry for the delay in posting -- really busy weekend and it's carried over to today.

After MNF is really late for me - any chance Tuesday night works for you?

brentech

Geezus, RadioShack doesn't even carry DisplayPort in the store. Only by order. Don't want to have to drive to best buy, but it's the only place I think might be a better bet

Mrbob

Hey Bob, sorry for the delay in posting -- really busy weekend and it's carried over to today.

After MNF is really late for me - any chance Tuesday night works for you?
Yeah tomorrow night will work. On Tuesday I can start around 9 central.

Mrbob

He literally ran backwards from the 1 yard line. I was so mad.

I legit missed the first field goal, if you go back and look at that year I couldn't kick to save my life. Third world internet. After he did the backwards running thing though, it was on.

I think that was the funniest game I've played. Too bad online streaming wasn't viable then. Would have made great viewing.

Alright, let's plan for 8pm Central then.

Sounds good.

If I can play sooner I'll let you know. 7:30 is probable too.

Also, yeah, maybe we could think about good draft times. I get a feeling that if we do a weekday, half the league will miss it (ET/PT difference)

And if we do the weekend...same thing. Since most people spend Sunday watching football and spend Saturday doing other shit.

So what's good for yall? Cause I think the whole season will probably finish by next weekend, since playoffs go by quickly.

McNei1y

People in the Jordan rec center are so dumb. They dont realize you can't get a next game unless you're with your designated my park players.

McNei1y

Alright wellster, I'm ready whenever. The Jordan Rec game blue screened at the start of the fourth quarter. It's pretty fun... hopefully 2K fixes that garbage.. I doubt it though.

Smokey

Alright wellster, I'm ready whenever. The Jordan Rec game blue screened at the start of the fourth quarter. It's pretty fun... hopefully 2K fixes that garbage.. I doubt it though.

The concept is great but it's probably out of reach of 2ks technical abilities which they've shown has not been the greatest.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
gg wellie.
GG. Complete shit show for both offenses.

I was checking your stats before the game and saw how you were doing well due to minimizing the pass attempts with RG3, so I focused on stopping your run as best I could. I was happy you didn't take advantage of RG3s legs too. It allowed me to take the spy out of the gameplay and further clog up your passing lanes.

I was mad on the DeAngelo int. it was a clear base cover 2 and he just kept dropping back with the receiver. I waited to see what play you called after the thing was over and sure as shit it was a base cover 2.

brentech

I've only connected to the servers and had access to the club at the time I joined. Every other time it's either nothing at all or connection with no social access.

To be at a week in and not have it working is really fucking shameful.

BigAT

So what is the secret to connecting to drive club servers

7KlfmbF.jpg

BigAT

Did Bob end up winning the tank fest?

I think he lost, although it's unclear. I'm basing it mainly on the fact that people seemed to go in harder on him. This post by Bob is pretty great though:

Originally Posted by Mrbob

How can I tank the game when I threw 3 ints? Your super DBs made plays to win the game!

"I couldn't have tanked the game, I threw interceptions!"

4B6p4Wb.gif

Greg

if I sit at the menu, I never connect (all the times I left my PS4 on and kept checking back)

if I'm actually playing it will at least eventually connect to the club now

I think that last patch decreased how often it tries to reestablish connection, so it might be attempting it more while playing/trying to sync with leaderboards/etc.

edit: we're club level 10 now - we're 2 good

isn't psn down for maintenance until 5 pm pst? i had trouble earlier this morning playing madden. i was able to login last night and do some races while connected but not today. just been working my way through the single player stuff. game is a lot of fun! i wish i could play from the "behind the wheel" cam but i just can't judge the corners/drifting properly. maybe someday!

Greg

isn't psn down for maintenance until 5 pm pst? i had trouble earlier this morning playing madden. i was able to login last night and do some races while connected but not today. just been working my way through the single player stuff. game is a lot of fun! i wish i could play from the "behind the wheel" cam but i just can't judge the corners/drifting properly. maybe someday!
yeah, it looks really nice and is cool to mess around with, but it doesn't help me get better lap times!

brentech

I'll have to get a picture with them actually on tomorrow when the cables arrive. Also will clean up all the cables under the desk then since there isn't much point without everything there.

cDDDgnFl.jpg

Went with the desktop on the cabinet to the right. Which used to hold my ps4 on the left. But I like it.
Picture is slightly deceiving. The PS4 is actually almost entirely under the monitors. Just the front sticks out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'll have to get a picture with them actually on tomorrow when the cables arrive. Also will clean up all the cables under the desk then since there isn't much point without everything there.

cDDDgnFl.jpg

Went with the desktop on the cabinet to the right. Which used to hold my ps4 on the left. But I like it.
Picture is slightly deceiving. The PS4 is actually almost entirely under the monitors. Just the front sticks out.
Wow holy shit.

brentech

I literally just deleted a picture on my phone that had all my settings since I ended up not going with that monitor.
I'll edit this post with mine.
Edit: or not. It won't let me see the settings with nothing plugged in.
Only thing I need to dial in is a slight contrast setting. Never noticed it before, but in drive club all the blacks are crushed. (Particularly when playing from interior)

For you guys with the Asus, what do you have the settings at? I've never been able to dial it in to where I want it.

Same here but this is what I do

Standard
Brightness 80
Contrast 65
Color Temp - User Mode (R90, G94, B90)
Smart View Off
Sharpness 50
Trace Free 80
Splendid Demo and ECO Mode Off

We even got the same desk phee!

This desk is the very best. SO MANY THINGS CAN GO ON IT

My modem, router, matrix, Wii U, and PS4 are all hidden behind those two monitors.

Top Bottom