• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Per your requests, ill try to advance around 8:45 PST so people can have a quick look at the free agent status before PSN goes down.

Smokey

I had the Raptors, even made it to the playoffs! Although that was barely an accomplishment considering how many teams got in. My reward was getting Smokey in the first round and getting to see the results of that damn trade in person. Hooray!

I had to quit after the season though because I had some weird lag in 2K that I didn't have in any other game. Made it pretty much impossible to play with how precise you had to be with jump shot timing. Really annoying.

Greatest trade in GAF sports history. Will never be topped.

BigAT

Greatest trade in GAF sports history. Will never be topped.

Good thing there was no conflict of interest in you allowing it to happen.

liz-lemon-oh-brother.gif

OK so I have some newbie questions, I just recently started playing Madden 15 today, my last football game was NCAA 12 so I have on big question. How can I play my complete team, I started playing connected franchise and pick player instead of coach or owner. I created my player but now I can only play as him and I can't play defense or as other quarter backs. I only get to play as the person I created and then it sims the rest of the game. How can I play my team completely.

Colasante

OK so I have some newbie questions, I just recently started playing Madden 15 today, my last football game was NCAA 12 so I have on big question. How can I play my complete team, I started playing connected franchise and pick player instead of coach or owner. I created my player but now I can only play as him and I can't play defense or as other quarter backs. I only get to play as the person I created and then it sims the rest of the game. How can I play my team completely.

You have to play as a Coach or Owner.

Somnia

I somehow have -36m in funds. Damnit Somnia!

I only re-signed Murray and Dez to what they were looking for... don't blame me!

You should have had $27.5M - Cowboys according to the list posted earlier... what'd you blow all your money on, drugs for Irvin?

CB3

I only re-signed Murray and Dez to what they were looking for... don't blame me!

You should have had $27.5M - Cowboys according to the list posted earlier... what'd you blow all your money on, drugs for Irvin?

hats

CB3

Oh no, I have to keep Peyton Manning. You loserassnoseydavidsternmotherfucker.

You're free to try and make the same trade with the new Jets. My problem wasnt the trade, its that you were trading to someone that wasnt even gonna be in the league next season.

You're free to try and make the same trade with the new Jets. My problem wasnt the trade, its that you were trading to someone that wasnt even gonna be in the league next season.
I didn't know this. On the other page I quoted what Ferny pmed me. Sounded like he was keeping them. And I want to, because they're the prime team to acquire Manning. Where is he?

TheCrow

Do you mean you're over the cap? Or does even coach mode have that annoying budget crap that boned so many teams last year?

I still have cap space, about 18m including the draft, but cash funds are -36m. Should've charged more for hot dogs.

Rbk_3

Just reading the rules. I didn't know AIM was still a thing lol.
What exactly is PSN Phone Messenger? Just the PSN app?

Feel free to add me to PSN Rbk_23

Just reading the rules. I didn't know AIM was still a thing lol.
What exactly is PSN Phone Messenger? Just the PSN app?

Feel free to add me to PSN Rbk_23

Yeah I don't use anything but gtalk anymore. Steam also works when it comes to getting a hold of people. And yeah, PSN app.

Any tips for someone new to Madden? Game is pretty impenetrable so far, even with the skill tutorials.

it's a deep game in many regards. not necessarily the mechanics but you just have to feel it out with your playcalls and that can only come with experience.

i would say for a beginner the biggest things are 1) don't turn the ball over on offense and 2) try not to be a complete liability on defense. if you accomplish both of those things you will at the very least stay in a lot of games.

keeping your opponent guessing by changing up your playcalling is key but you can really only do that (run and pass!) if the game is close

ACE 1991

it's a deep game in many regards. not necessarily the mechanics but you just have to feel it out with your playcalls and that can only come with experience.

i would say for a beginner the biggest things are 1) don't turn the ball over on offense and 2) try not to be a complete liability on defense. if you accomplish both of those things you will at the very least stay in a lot of games.

keeping your opponent guessing by changing up your playcalling is key but you can really only do that (run and pass!) if the game is close

Thanks! I'm starting to get the feel of O a bit, but defence is still baffling. How do I know which player I should be controlling at the snap?

BigAT

Thanks! I'm starting to get the feel of O a bit, but defence is still baffling. How do I know which player I should be controlling at the snap?

Generally just depends on personal preference. Experiment with playing the defensive line, linebackers and safeties to see which you prefer. CB is just about the only thing you shouldn't play.

like bigat said it depends. i personall play LB or safety. LB is a good position to play once you are comfortable because you're in the middle of the field and that is where the ball goes a lot (whether on a running play or passing play). you will find that there aren't so many passes attempted outside the hashes because they are dangerous and people get nervous about turnovers. if you find yourself being a liability in the secondary then maybe use defensive line until you are comfortable but you can have a bigger impact on the game as a LB or safety

Rbk_3

So I apparently have the 3rd overall pick.
Will I be able to do any scouting since I joined up? I don't think I will have any points, correct?

Also it is not letting me sign any FA for some reason.

edit- My god my team is a disaster. Decker has 0 Confidence lol

Man, people's bids must be insane because no matter what I put it'd still show someone else as the highest bidder. Why the hell doesn't it say what they bid? Also, when and how do we scout for the draft?

Rbk_3

Man, people's bids must be insane because no matter what I put it'd still show someone else as the highest bidder. Why the hell doesn't it say what they bid? Also, when and how do we scout for the draft?

You could offer a guy a 100 million contract and it still won't say you're the highest bidder. I think it updates when we advance stages

Smokey

Worth it. I'm really digging Sunset Overdrive. Are you on my Xbox Live list? We can play Chaos Squad. At least me, you, and FMT can. Ferny, Somnia, and Smokey never show up. Fake Xbros.

Lol

Nba season tip off bro . Also I have to get a headset stereo adapter and some cable for my a50s to work so I am Mic less right now .

Although I could play it and snap NBA gametime app or league pass!

eznark

Banned
Anything coming out between now and 11/15? Not sure there are three games I give a fuck about to take advantage of the target deal.

Top Bottom