• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

ACE 1991

like bigat said it depends. i personall play LB or safety. LB is a good position to play once you are comfortable because you're in the middle of the field and that is where the ball goes a lot (whether on a running play or passing play). you will find that there aren't so many passes attempted outside the hashes because they are dangerous and people get nervous about turnovers. if you find yourself being a liability in the secondary then maybe use defensive line until you are comfortable but you can have a bigger impact on the game as a LB or safety

Generally just depends on personal preference. Experiment with playing the defensive line, linebackers and safeties to see which you prefer. CB is just about the only thing you shouldn't play.

Thanks! Im playing on rookie against the AI and I still can't seem to be effective on defence. I've been still sticking to the recommended plays because I don't really know what I'm doing... Once the ball is snapped, what do I do to be effective? I can't seem to figure out where the opposing QB is going to throw, so I just give away first downs like its my job.

phee/brent - you guys want to play some clubs?

We just played 3 friendly games, and I would love to play but right now I am just emotionally spent. I may be on in a bit, gotta make lunch

I would recap what kind of 3 games we just had but I can't even fucking remember, with the kind of 90th minute we just had to end the season, he ultimately won by 1 point, +1 in goals. hopefully he remembers what happened because it was crazy. that was by far the most insane 90th minute I've ever experienced that includes the 2 90 minute goals we had in clubs

1-2-2 for the season and the win came in the last game. 3 goals between us in the 90th minute (one off my guy who was in wrong place wrong time, own goal) and DAMN near a 4th to end up tying it

GGs Brent

BigAT

Thanks! Im playing on rookie against the AI and I still can't seem to be effective on defence. I've been still sticking to the recommended plays because I don't really know what I'm doing... Once the ball is snapped, what do I do to be effective? I can't seem to figure out where the opposing QB is going to throw, so I just give away first downs like its my job.

Before the play starts, hit the right trigger and it should show the play art graphics on the field so that you can see what your player's responsibility is. If there's a line to an offensive player it's man defense and you should stick on that guy, colored circles are zones so you should stay in that area and look for the ball (dark blue = deep coverage, yellow = mid, light blue = short).

ACE 1991

Before the play starts, hit the right trigger and it should show the play art graphics on the field so that you can see what your player's responsibility is. If there's a line to an offensive player it's man defense and you should stick on that guy, colored circles are zones so you should stay in that area and look for the ball (dark blue = deep coverage, yellow = mid, light blue = short).
OK, this is very helpful. Do you generally stick with the same player on D Through out a play or switch out during it?

BigAT

OK, this is very helpful. Do you generally stick with the same player on D Through out a play or switch out during it?

Not usually, no. Madden is fairly unreliable about which player it will give you and half the time you'll end up doing more harm than good. It's real easy to kill a player's momentum if you have the stick facing a different direction when you take over, taking them out of the play completely. Generally it's just safer to let the other players do their thing unless you are confident in your manual defense and you know which player you are going to be switching to.

brentech

We just played 3 friendly games, and I would love to play but right now I am just emotionally spent. I may be on in a bit, gotta make lunch

I would recap what kind of 3 games we just had but I can't even fucking remember, with the kind of 90th minute we just had to end the season, he ultimately won by 1 point, +1 in goals. hopefully he remembers what happened because it was crazy. that was by far the most insane 90th minute I've ever experienced that includes the 2 90 minute goals we had in clubs

1-2-2 for the season and the win came in the last game. 3 goals between us in the 90th minute (one off my guy who was in wrong place wrong time, own goal) and DAMN near a 4th to end up tying it

GGs Brent
Yea, gg
That last game was insane. In our prior 4 games we only had a goal a piece. Game 5 and we had 5 goals combined. 4 in the second half.

You can relive the entire experience!

http://www.twitch.tv/brenttrek/b/583780066

I'll make a proper highlight of it when I'm back home.

Splat

I just wish they had burfict's new contract in the game. They have dalton's ball and chain dragging me down but i had to overspend on vontaze.

Somnia

Fuuu Evolve Alpha on PS4 delayed due to Firmware 2.0, wtf. Speaking of that I've had the blinking orange light twice now since 2.0 where you have to hold power button down and reset the system.

Fucking Sony.

I know some of you have hated on it, but I wanted to at least check it out.

Fuuu Evolve Alpha on PS4 delayed due to Firmware 2.0, wtf. Speaking of that I've had the blinking orange light twice now since 2.0 where you have to hold power button down and reset the system.

Fucking Sony.

I know some of you have hated on it, but I wanted to at least check it out.

Trust me, they're doing you a favor.

brentech

UnpleasantTanBorderterrier.gif

The Gerrard goal, which was ultimately a deflected own goal.

LJ11

my R2 button just broke...

I take everything back, Smokey - DS4 is trash!

My launch control is perfect, it's pretty fucking awesome, but I bought a new one about a month ago to use with Madden and yesterday I heard the infamous squeak on the Left Trigger. It's funny because my last two Xbox controllers did the same thing, my launch ones were fine.

Greg

My launch control is perfect, it's pretty fucking awesome, but I bought a new one about a month ago to use with Madden and yesterday I heard the infamous squeak on the Left Trigger. It's funny because my last two Xbox controllers did the same thing, my launch ones were fine.
yeah, this one that just broke always had the squeak on both triggers, but it never really bothered me

this R2 button that broke though... looks like the pin that holds it on its hinge snapped or something, and as soon as I press the button it gets pulled sideways and sticks

eznark

Banned
yeah, this one that just broke always had the squeak on both triggers, but it never really bothered me

this R2 button that broke though... looks like the pin that holds it on its hinge snapped or something, and as soon as I press the button it gets pulled sideways and sticks

Too much drive clubbin!

Progression in this game is stupid. Bowe had a high 80s speed rating last year this year
:( all of his other ratings like route running, catch, spec catch, catch in traffic all of those are still in the 90s or high 80s so his overall is still pretty good but he's so fucking slow now

How many more rounds of free agents do we have left?

TheCrow

Progression in this game is stupid. Bowe had a high 80s speed rating last year this year
:( all of his other ratings like route running, catch, spec catch, catch in traffic all of those are still in the 90s or high 80s so his overall is still pretty good but he's so fucking slow now

How many more rounds of free agents do we have left?

lol is he playing with a broken leg?

Greg

I forgot to post this here when I put it out - maybe one of you bros will dig my new song (and I don't have feelings, so I appreciate feedback regardless!):

[MP3] / [FLAC] / [STREAM]

I forgot to post this here when I put it out - maybe one of you bros will dig my new song (and I don't have feelings, so I appreciate feedback regardless!):

[MP3] / [FLAC] / [STREAM]

i'm going to be honest about 2 things:

1. i like the song ok on first listen. as with every record i have ever owned, i will listen to it no less than 5 times before i make a final determination! but...

2. i expected some sweet doom metal brah. that's what i expected when i clicked on the link so, through no fault of your own, was i disappointed? did my own expectations cause this issue? maybe

Greg

i'm going to be honest about 2 things:

1. i like the song ok on first listen. as with every record i have ever owned, i will listen to it no less than 5 times before i make a final determination! but...

2. i expected some sweet doom metal brah. that's what i expected when i clicked on the link so, through no fault of your own, was i disappointed? did my own expectations cause this issue? maybe
until I can become my dream one-man death metal project, I have to play a different genre :(

I only need to know one thing. Is this song about dota?
everything is about Dota

its alternate title is Witch Doctor

until I can become my dream one-man death metal project, I have to play a different genre :(

everything is about Dota

its alternate title is Witch Doctor

that is my problem too. none of my friends play music and so i just end up playing by myself and it does me no good. my wife always says she'll pick up her bass again and we can play but she never does. it's like a father promising his son he'll throw the ball around for him and he's never there to do it!

Top Bottom