• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

Finished the Sunset Overdrive campaign, so good. Neogaf shout out near the end too, game is meta. Time to get some more multi in.

How long did it take ?

Smokey you better have that adaptor for your fancy mic by Halo time. That's one game where you absolutely need communication.

I will. In terms of console FPS, Halo is far and away my preference when compared to COD. The release schedule of COD and H4 being shit contributes to me being more active with that franchise.

Still need to try COD SP. Apparently it's actually good by COD standards and the cinematics are great.

eznark

Banned
How long did it take ?

I will. In terms of console FPS, Halo is far and away my preference when compared to COD. The release schedule of COD and H4 being shit contributes to me being more active with that franchise.

Still need to try COD SP. Apparently it's actually good by COD standards and the cinematics are great.

Let me know about when you get to the press F for feels moment.

BigAT

It's kind of funny that this season will mostly be spent talking about made up rookies. I hope my #1 overall pick QB will be a STUD! I think his name is McLellan

There's plenty of fake rookies that have had such an impact on the league in past years that their names live on. There was FMT's ill-gotten quarterback, #1 overall pick Jack English. That running back on the Ravens that had an OVR in the 60s but who was an absurd super back as long as he didn't fumble the ball or get injured (Gurley?). Leron James, the list goes on.

There's plenty of fake rookies that have had such an impact on the league in past years that their names live on. There was FMT's ill-gotten quarterback, #1 overall pick Jack English. That running back on the Ravens that had an OVR in the 60s but who was an absurd super back as long as he didn't fumble the ball or get injured (Gurley?). Leron James, the list goes on.

That's kind of cool haha My CB from the second round that seems pretty good has Glass as his last name, hope he isn't made of it! I should be able to get this weeks' 30 hrs training time right before my game, right? So I can boost my QB another OVR point or so before playing LJ. I've read online that OVR doesn't actually matter much as most think and that just having the right perks high for the position is what truly matters.

When is the vance, btw?

Jack English was actually the #13 pick because EA fuck ed up and drafted max younger #1. A fucking center drafted #1 lulz

rinse82

Aarin Carroll (aka Megatron 2.0) and Jordin Grey are legends

That was the year I was able to get the 1,2 and 5 picks in the draft lol

BigAT

Jack English was absurd.

I drafted a 5th round cornerback named Bryce Guy. I'm hoping he lives on.

That entire draft class of quarterbacks was absurd, with English just being the most absurd of the bunch. I liked that Livewire used to complain about his quarterback when he had that amazing rookie QB (Patrick something?) that he completely wasted.

Jack English was actually the #13 pick because EA fuck ed up and drafted max younger #1. A fucking center drafted #1 lulz

Wasn't that only the case because he it was declared he was "taken" at #1, or would have been if not for the bug? I don't think he dropped to #13 naturally.

TheCrow

Jake Scott was the best from that draft and he's got the super bowl rings to prove it.
9C89A9228C1A030DA0913D622642330EB01B32A9

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's kind of funny that this season will mostly be spent talking about made up rookies. I hope my #1 overall pick QB will be a STUD! I think his name is McLellan

Honestly that's the whole fun of the franchise.

I loved when I was the Rams and the team was such shit I had no choice but to build through the draft and the UDFAs were God tier. Maurice Leopard was such a fucking stud. Thanks to the RG3 trade I came out of that draft with a rebuilt OL, Leopard, Xavier Waters and then the following year I got a STUD MLB Jamual Garcia and a good FS. He wasn't the Honey Hawk but those two guys came in 2nd and 3rd in DROTY votes. Those were the days.

When I figured out that STR was actually valuable in RBs that year, it was over.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That entire draft class of quarterbacks was absurd, with English just being the most absurd of the bunch. I liked that Livewire used to complain about his quarterback when he had that amazing rookie QB (Patrick something?) that he completely wasted.

Dane Morrow.

So what's the highest OVR a rookie can start out with when you draft him? People should post their highest grade. My QB started 82 or 83 I believe.

Bucannon was a DROY and he was only OVR 70. After spending some points on him after the draft, he's shot up to 77 so hopefully he's even more of a beast this year!

rinse82

Honestly that's the whole fun of the franchise.

I loved when I was the Rams and the team was such shit I had no choice but to build through the draft and the UDFAs were God tier. Maurice Leopard was such a fucking stud. Thanks to the RG3 trade I came out of that draft with a rebuilt OL, Leopard, Xavier Waters and then the following year I got a STUD MLB Jamual Garcia and a good FS. He wasn't the Honey Hawk but those two guys came in 2nd and 3rd in DROTY votes. Those were the days.

When I figured out that STR was actually valuable in RBs that year, it was over.

Leopard was a beast. I think bluemax had a ridiculous UDFA WR too, forget the name.

Depending on the scheme my 2nd round hb is a 80 or 84.

Hmm I didn't think about that, my system is Vertical I believe and I want to say he's Balanced. I wonder if he'd still do fine as long as I have his attributes up or if I should change the whole system just for him.

McNei1y

Any chance they'll talk about the third SC2 game or is that dead?

It seems like they're focusing on WoW and Hearthstone. I'd love if they'd announce some SC2 info though. Then again I didn't play HotS as much as regular SC2... I wasn't really confident in playing SC2 online without a team.

Any chance they'll talk about the third SC2 game or is that dead?

I remember when they first announced they were splitting SC2 into three parts and then were like "don't worry, they'll be released 18 months apart so it's not a big deal"

The first game was released 4 and a half years ago.

McNei1y

What the hell... FPS mode in GTA V next gen? Weird.

I think I'm grabbing GTA V for PS4 (my 360 broke this past January and I never got to finish GTA V).

I'm going to Atlantic City this weekend... I really hope I can get some house money so I can purchase some upcoming games like:

Halo MCC
WoW: WoD
GTA V
FIFA

There's also a scheme per position.

Oh, so I can just make him switch to vertical if I want? If it lowers his numbers, can I change right back and they go back to what they were? I figure it makes the most sense to change now while he has virtually no confidence for not knowing the playbook yet anyway.

Oh, so I can just make him switch to vertical if I want? If it lowers his numbers, can I change right back and they go back to what they were? I figure it makes the most sense to change now while he has virtually no confidence for not knowing the playbook yet anyway.
All it does is help you find what youre looking for in FA / have the overalls better represent what you use them for.

....I think

brentech

Depending on the scheme my 2nd round hb is a 80 or 84.

Haven't tried changing team offensive scheme for him, but mine is an 83.
Tate is definitely still the better runner at 80 right now though. His strength and carry stats are too important and he just gains more yards after contact consistently (both have fight for yards trait). Gonna have to build the rookie up as the 2nd string option for now.
Rookie also fumbled the ball on a routine run up the gut, but luckily my guys fell on it.

All it does is help you find what youre looking for in FA / have the overalls better represent what you use them for.

....I think

What? that's dumb, it only makes sense that a QB would play better in a system he's more comfortable in... I'm guessing people will laugh at me applying rationale to Madden though.

TheCrow

Tate is definitely still the better runner at 80 right now though. His strength and carry stats are too important and he just gains more yards after contact consistently (both have fight for yards trait). Gonna have to build the rookie up as the 2nd string option for now.
Rookie also fumbled the ball on a routine run up the gut, but luckily my guys fell on it.

Yeah, my rookies 70 carry rating means I'm sticking with demarco murray for a while. I might just start my rookie qb next week though, it'll at least make the games interesting.

DMczaf

FYI

McCoy finished Week 1 with 5 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss, and 2 sacks.

That's why I paid him 6 years, $66M with $30M bonus!

brentech

Wish I didn't wait until like, the late 3rd quarter to start subbing Tate in. The rookie is at a pathetic 1.62 avg over 21 carries. Tate had 4 carries with 4.5 avg.
Tate with 21 more carry rating, and 13 more strength. Elusiveness a good 10+ lower, and all other big RB stats are about equivalent.

I want my him in the top 5 yards again.

Broncos 2015 Rookie Class

HB Boris Reeves :: 88 Spd :: 86 agi :: 90 acc :: 84 bcv :: 69 car :: 84 trk :: 87 sfa :: 86 spm :: 68 Cth :: 68 cit :: 82 PBK
OLB Aukeem Joseph :: 6'3" :: 85 Tak :: 90 pow :: 90 Spd :: 80 STR :: 92 acc :: 87 agi :: 83 bsh :: 90 pur :: 95 jmp
WR Shamir Sampson :: 6'2" :: 93 Spd :: 97 acc :: 93 agi :: 76 Cth :: 70 CIT :: 72 spc :: 83 spm
WR Jimmie Geathers :: 6'4" :: 89 Cth :: 78 cit :: 88 spc :: 61 rte :: 78 rls :: 84 jmp :: 86 Spd :: 88 agi :: 87 acc :: 89 car
TE Kain Boone :: 6'7" :: 85 Spd :: 87 acc :: 77 Elu :: 77 Cth :: 73 IBl
MLB Kyle Ogbonna :: 79 Tak :: 87 pow :: 79 Spd :: 87 acc :: 79 agi :: 77 pur :: 75 zcv :: 91 jmp
P Bill Phelps :: 91 KPW :: 87 KAC

UDFA Rookie Signings

OLB Jordan Ajala :: 6'3" :: 84 Tak :: 86 Pow :: 90 Spd :: 90 acc :: 86 agi :: 80 pur :: 91 jump
CB Terrance Pierce :: 82 MCV :: 76 ZCV :: 91 JMP :: 66 RET :: 96 Spd :: 96 acc :: 96 agi :: 68 cth

Released Rookies
QB Johnathon Cobb
WR Dallas Moon

Traded my 11th overall for MLB Derrick Johnson and the 24th pick that got me OLB Aukeem Joseph.

Traded WR Demaryius Thomas for the 3rd overall pick that got me HB Boris Reeves.

I guess that confirms that OVR doesn't matter nearly as much as many think and to just worry about getting the right stats up.

Kenny Timm

Leopard was a beast. I think bluemax had a ridiculous UDFA WR too, forget the name.

Kenny Timm was a projected UDFA/7th rounder who got drafted in the 5th. I believe the Seahawks also grabbed a guy after the draft who was pretty good, but not as good as the guy the Rams got after the draft.

Also there was the year Livewire tried to tank for #1 and BlueMax and Storybook ended up finishing #1 and #2 and Storybook got the QB with insane speed and BlueMax got the guy with the rocket arm (Ace Garrison or was Ace Garrison a different year?).

I just watched the Conan O'Brien clueless gamer for the new CoD game. It was funny seeing that they threw in a Frogger level!

brentech

Thinking the best part of DriveClub is the solo time trials. The cpu AI is pretty bad imo. They're super aggressive in that, even if you have a really safe pass on them, they'll ram you.
wtf is that shit

also, I like the club pattern you chose. not too crazy, but got those packer colors in

Top Bottom