• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

brentech

GG. I should know by now not to throw the out route- it gets broke on every time. But with no timeouts and the clock running, I done goofed.

That pick 6 was heartwrenching.

I threw a pick 6 on an out right with a TD separating my game as well. Just like when I decide to throw it long, it never ends well, I just feel really bad if I keep going to the middle crossing route well.

Mrbob

My party unintentionally ran into a dragon. Watched it circle in the air for a bit and then it rained fiery death onto my party. Party wipe within about 5 seconds. D:

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
My party unintentionally ran into a dragon. Watched it circle in the air for a bit and then it rained fiery death onto my party. Party wipe within about 5 seconds. D:

Sounds like the dragon secured that kill.

So the swimming pool in my landlord's backyard is completely frozen. Definitely haven't seen that before.

You know what it's time to do

jack_and_elsa_ice_skating__by_scent_of_ginger-d77n58c.jpg

brentech

makes me wonder if they are phasing out Dota at live events. Didn't they pull it from an event earlier this year?
Mostly do to issues with getting players to location than lack of interest, but god damn

brentech

Has MLG done any dota lan's this year?

Don't think so

As you know, Dota 2 activity in the US and around the globe has skyrocketed over the last few months with multiple events recently announced for this summer. While we are extremely happy to see the continued growth in popularity, the vast number of tournaments greatly impacts our ability to hold a successful Dota 2 tournament at the upcoming MLG Championship in Anaheim. Holding tournaments so close together, especially before the biggest Dota 2 event of the year – Valve’s own International, puts tremendous stress on players and affects their overall performance
That was was originally scheduled, and then got pulled.

Has MLG done any dota lan's this year?

MLG Adam posted on reddit a couple months or so ago saying they were planning something for dota (Q1 2015 ish iirc)

The main issue i think is that there are so many other events going on they don't know where they fit in. They got snubbed in the summer by TI4/ESL/Starladder and prolly don't want the same shit to happen again. There are just too many damn events :/

brentech

like shake said, I think I know the answer, but I just put out a tweet for giggles to see if they respond on why.
the crowd seemed largely all around the dota games last year. hard to imagine they get even half the people there for just COD

eznark

Banned
Yeah for sure. Seems weird though that BTS is a bigger draw than MLG. Obviously it comes down to funding, but MLG as an organization would be better equipped to generate those deals than BTS one would think.

Of course, this is all bullshit video game idiocy being put on by 18 year olds who constantly get scammed by the 25 year old "adults" so who knows.

TheCrow

MLG Adam posted on reddit a couple months or so ago saying they were planning something for dota (Q1 2015 ish iirc)

The main issue i think is that there are so many other events going on they don't know where they fit in. They got snubbed in the summer by TI4/ESL/Starladder and prolly don't want the same shit to happen again. There are just too many damn events :/

Yeah, its been hinted recently that mlg will be doing something soon. They just have to make it worthwhile for teams to come. 50k isn't that much anymore.

BigAT

like shake said, I think I know the answer, but I just put out a tweet for giggles to see if they respond on why.
the crowd seemed largely all around the dota games last year. hard to imagine they get even half the people there for just COD
IIRC, they get paid through sponsorships to put on stuff like CoD so that's half the reason it is there.

Yeah for sure. Seems weird though that BTS is a bigger draw than MLG. Obviously it comes down to funding, but MLG as an organization would be better equipped to generate those deals than BTS one would think.

Of course, this is all bullshit video game idiocy being put on by 18 year olds who constantly get scammed by the 25 year old "adults" so who knows.

The Summit 2 is so huge because of the community funding. Almost $200k so far...

Yeah, its been hinted recently that mlg will be doing something soon. They just have to make it worthwhile for teams to come. 50k isn't that much anymore.

Like Ez said, MLG should be much better at generating deals with companies. I think they could easily produce a respectable base prizepool of at least $100k. They should roll D2L in with MLG to be honest. No one cares about that tourney at all and its a decent size at $50k. GGA could just partner with MLG and they could co-run bigger events.

Everyone seemed to really love MLG Columbus so they could probably get a decent amount of community funding as well.

Either way, MLG needs another event for sure :(

eznark

Banned
AT I'd ask that you at least wait til the final match to show up. It'd be annoying to have a meet up where everyone leaves after the first game because they are sick of your shit.

TheCrow

Like Ez said, MLG should be much better at generating deals with companies. I think they could easily produce a respectable base prizepool of at least $100k. They should roll D2L in with MLG to be honest. No one cares about that tourney at all and its a decent size at $50k. GGA could just partner with MLG and they could co-run bigger events.

Everyone seemed to really love MLG Columbus so they could probably get a decent amount of community funding as well.

Either way, MLG needs another event for sure :(

I just don't think MLG is that relevant anymore but I guess we'll see if the chinese teams are even interested.

I've been secretly training in Dota for this meetup

You know exactly what to say to hurt me :(

greg v shake 1v1 in bball co-main event

I just don't think MLG is that relevant anymore but I guess we'll see if the chinese teams are even interested.

Well, to be fair, the Chinese don't seem to give a shit about any Western tournaments right now (aside from summit 2)

They dropped from both Starladder and Dreamleague (visas filled out wrong on purpose - believe!)

Top Bottom