• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

game is awesome!

IQ is garbage, and some of the yard markers were definitely off on one of the courses I played, but it's so nice to have a no bullshit golf game

Yeah it's good. I can tell it's no bullshit. Now I fucking suck lol

Game doesn't look as good as I thought I saw in screenshots but it's acceptable and I'm pretty sure they limited anyways

Greg

Are the procedurally generated courses done well? This is my main concern for the game.

If we have enough Madden Gaffers I may get it for the asynchronous online game play. Could be fun.
maybe someone who played the PC version could tell you that - I didn't really mess around and just hopped on to the first two courses I saw in the main screen

one was built really easy with soft greens and a ton of shorter holes and par 3s, and the other was a desert course that fucked you hard if you messed up with 600-yard par 5s

Yeah it's good. I can tell it's no bullshit. Now I fucking suck lol

Game doesn't look as good as I thought I saw in screenshots but it's acceptable and I'm pretty sure they limited anyways
yeah, I watched a video before and thought it was going to look better than it did, but whatever

framerate was all over the place and lots of aliasing on this one desert course I played, but nothing interfered with the swing, so it doesn't really matter

I was awful at putting and those chip shots that require like 50-60% power

brentech

Yea. Those are the problems I had. At one point I thought i was going to have a first game par for the course, then I had to chip and long put and was like +4 on one hole.

Greg

Yea. Those are the problems I had. At one point I thought i was going to have a first game par for the course, then I had to chip and long put and was like +4 on one hole.
I'll have to mess around more with the swing mechanics and see what you can get away with

I was trying to be as smooth as possible between backswing and downswing, but I know in games like Tiger Woods you could get away with holding the backswing and making fine adjustments to the power and then just following through

brentech

Looks like you can hold the backswing for about 2 seconds and then you'll just reset.
So it's all about pushing the stick froward for swing power and direction.

eznark

Banned
First round 69. -1.

cool.gif

eznark

Banned
Yeah you were on my ass! I had a 6 on a par three when I skied the fuck out of a chip and though I was doomed.

Game is great. Swinging just feels right and I love how it's no nonsense. Wish Madden was like that. Cut the bloat.

Trying to play ranked CM now. 10 yirs in queue

brentech

Yeah you were on my ass! I had a 6 on a par three when I skied the fuck out of a chip and though I was doomed.

Game is great. Swinging just feels right and I love how it's no nonsense. Wish Madden was like that. Cut the bloat.

Trying to play ranked CM now. 10 yirs in queue

I've landed in the water all 3 games on hole 8. I thought I was going to catch you until then.
Assuming at least a few people play it every now and then, I can see myself playing that a lot. Just ghosts is pretty cool, but when you were actively playing and just holes ahead of me it was really interesting as the announcer tells me when you finish a hole.

eznark

Banned
I've landed in the water all 3 games on hole 8. I thought I was going to catch you until then.
Assuming at least a few people play it every now and then, I can see myself playing that a lot. Just ghosts is pretty cool, but when you were actively playing and just holes ahead of me it was really interesting as the announcer tells me when you finish a hole.

Ah cool, I wasn't even listening to commentary and I had no friends on steam with the game.

brentech

Ah cool, I wasn't even listening to commentary and I had no friends on steam with the game.

Yeah, when you got a birdie or bogied, he'd always point those out. Sometimes he'd mention you landing par. Would just say, "your friend just picked up a birdie" or something to that effect.

Ramirez

GG man! I was so close to getting out of bounds on the last play of regulation. You killed me running the ball.

GG bro, manual D is absolutely maddening in this game, sometimes defenders with react when you hit Y, other times they just sit still, ugh. The momentum of players on both sides feels completely fucked too, am I doing something wrong? I catch a ball and try to turn up field with AB, and it feels like he's starting from 0 instead of mid stride.

GG bro, manual D is absolutely maddening in this game, sometimes defenders with react when you hit Y, other times they just sit still, ugh. The momentum of players on both sides feels completely fucked too, am I doing something wrong? I catch a ball and try to turn up field with AB, and it feels like he's starting from 0 instead of mid stride.
You have to hit triangle when the ball is at it's apex or on the way down. Otherwise they can't find the ball.

Sprint feels all kinds of different. No idea what you mean by AB.

That was happening to me too I remember one play your pass hit my dude in the face when I was pressing triangle.

Yeah it's almost impossible to change direction when you're running. It's way too slow.

Ramirez

You have to hit triangle when the ball is at it's apex or on the way down. Otherwise they can't find the ball.

Sprint feels all kinds of different. No idea what you mean by AB.

Antonio Brown, one of the most agile dudes in the league, lol. I just don't get why Tiburon has to fuck with stuff that isn't broken, player momentum was fine in past games.

Antonio Brown, one of the most agile dudes in the league, lol. I just don't get why Tiburon has to fuck with stuff that isn't broken, player momentum was fine in past games.
So far I like how different his madden is. Im forgetting everything I know and relearning how the game works. I think it's refreshing. The sprint was always kind of OP. Not every receiver should be able to cut at full sprint like Patterson.

eznark

Banned
Smokey send me one of your monitors! My older.monitor doesn't have the right mounting brackets for the dual arm I bought. :(

Top Bottom