• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

LJ11

Trying to make my draft board and it makes me even more mad at stupid EA. I was only able to scout like 4 positions reasonably. Kill yourself Tiburon.

This.

Out of all my scouting I have a big board of maybe 15 players that I actually want, lol

So by mid first round I'll probably have to start drafting blind

Do you guys go for numbers or just letters? Numbers seems impossible.

Pretty sure it's letters. Have one key variable, lets say speed for most positions, if they pass that test I move on to the next one, if they don't peace, move on to the next prospect. Like for a WR, I'm hitting speed first then quickly to route running because it's impossible to raise that stat this year, then CIT and Catching, and maybe ELU.

Mrbob

Did you guys purchase the double scouting points coaching option? I wasn't able to scout everyone, but I feel I was able to scout quite a bit.

rinse82

Yep, only letters for 1-3 key attributes depending on the position; and even then you're not guaranteed to find a sure thing.

10 pts to get letter grade for speed and then 1000 to actually get the rating, lol. Difference between a 95 speed WR and 85 is huge but you end up rolling the dice.

LJ11

Best thing to do is partner up with someone, I was going to PM Wellie to join forces, he scouts a few positions, I scout the rest, that way we cast a wide net. But I had an insane week and didn't get to do much of anything outside of yesterday. I just slept on NYD and watched football.

Greg

Did you guys purchase the double scouting points coaching option? I wasn't able to scout everyone, but I feel I was able to scout quite a bit.
I bought that, but only had enough coach experience to purchase it at the end of this season, so it didn't do me any good

took me 2 damn seasons to save for that

Best thing to do is partner up with someone, I was going to PM Wellie to join forces, he scouts a few positions, I scout the rest, that way we cast a wide net. But I had an insane week and didn't get to do much of anything outside of yesterday. I just slept on NYD and watched football.
I have a feeling this goes on, but no one wants the notes of a 4-12 team

rinse82

I bought that, but only had enough coach experience to purchase it at the end of this season, so it didn't do me any good

took me 2 damn seasons to save for that

I have a feeling this goes on, but no one wants the notes of a 4-12 team

I'll partner with you Greg for next draft, 4-12 teams need to stick together

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is partnering up with people for the draft that much better than just using a cheat sheet bob style?

Doesnt seem like it

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guess what, I even have the double scouting points coach bonus from about midway through the season.

I just do letters, you can't do numbers or you'll get like 5 players tops. My strategy is just like what LJ said. For example last season I was looking for interior offensive linemen - I would check strength first and foremost and if that was an A I would check RBK then awareness for pulling. You spend a vast majority of your points spread across LG/C/RG.

It's a fucking waste. The system needs to be revamped. There are leagues on OS where guys don't even play, they just build up their teams like GMs. I can't believe there isn't a huge outcry from those types.

As far as teaming up, I think the most I ever did was just comparing notes with Luke a few years back. It was moderately helpful. You have to have someone you trust though or you can be really screwed.

NFL teams do that right? Tell each other who to draft? If it's in the game... fucking losers.

We just need to have NCAA football back. The recruiting was by far the best part of that game, this team building in Madden is always trash :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Now that I've somewhat strengthened the o-line, hopefully I can improve the rest of my offense with 14, 38, 45th picks

I'll trade you my 26 for your 38 and 45.

If he's not interested I am willing to trade out of the first round if anyone wants another pick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh yeah I meant to say in regards to depth yesterday, I lost my starting RT and his backup when I was the Rams a few years back. It really sucked because I spent the first offseason and all of my XP on building a solid OL and then at the end of the season my RT was out for like 6 weeks and his backup went out for a game. I had to put an interior linemen in and it didn't go well. I don't give a crap about PBK for guards and centers.

Colasante

If anyone needs a good WR, I'll trade you Danny Amendola. He's rated 85 OVR. I'm also interested in trading into the 1st. I have the 39th pick.

LJ11

We just need to have NCAA football back. The recruiting was by far the best part of that game, this team building in Madden is always trash :(

Man I was thinking about that last night. Game was great, it had its issues but it handled negotiating so well.

NFL teams collude via scouting services, if youre part of BLESTO you allocate a scout, each team does. I don't see an issue with it, and I'm sure no one does it in this league anyway.

Man I was thinking about that last night. Game was great, it had its issues but it handled negotiating so well.

NFL teams collude via scouting services, if youre part of BLESTO you allocate a scout, each team does. I don't see an issue with it, and I'm sure no one does it in this league anyway.

NCAA week to week is much better. It felt like you played a recruiting game against everybody else every week and when you went to another state and stole someone's guy it was just great to talk shit

Mrbob

If anyone needs a good WR, I'll trade you Danny Amendola. He's rated 85 OVR. I'm also interested in trading into the 1st. I have the 39th pick.

If you get a first for Amendola, hats off to you sir. I've been dangling Marshall for a first and no one wants him. Even though he had 1100 receiving yards last year and is still one of the top WR in the game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I am sure that there is a fucking SHITLOAD of money to be made if you could get a handful of competent guys to do that service across any sport. Hit on one or two late rounders then guys are knocking down your door. Question would be how to get your foot in the door. That's where a site like smartfootball or walter football comes into play where you can go back and reference all of your calls.

Colasante

If you get a first for Amendola, hats off to you sir. I've been dangling Marshall for a first and no one wants him. Even though he had 1100 receiving yards last year and is still one of the top WR in the game.

danny-amendola-pledges-money-boston-relief-fund.jpg

How could you say no to this face? You're basically getting Ryan Gosling on your team.

Top Bottom