• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

GG man! I thought after I fucked up and missed that pick at the end of the half and you scored a TD that you were gonna run away with it. My defense finally stepped up in the 2nd half.

The 2nd receiver I took in the draft Ladarius Cooper was playing like Amari tonight! 5 rec 133 yards and 1 td.

Jamaal Charles also had a good game: 21 carries 124 yards and 3 TDs.

My rookie QB had a decent game too:
Preston Durham 93.1 QB rating 12 for 21 for 239 yards with 1td and 1 int. the pick was an amazing snag by one of the bucs linebackers.

The best player I got in the draft which was a WR in the 3rd round had 1 reception for 13 yards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Woah I am excited, I get to play Az in week 2! Can't wait to get my shit pushed in! The Seahawks get to experience the stadium in which no one gives a fuck, win or lose. (Seriously, I refuse to do any more Giants games at Metlife)

Somnia

Steelers I can play Monday between 830pm cst - 1030pm cst, Tuesday 630pm cst to midnight cst if either of those work.

Reposting for new page.

rinse82

I didn't really hit on any high OVR, but some of these guys have nice attributes:

RD1 - Tyrus Todd (LOLB) - SPD 91, ACC 87, TAK 89, POW 88, PUR 83
RD2 - Jamarquis Swope (RG) - PBK 83 RBK 89 IBK 85, SPD 71 STR 93

and the Center I grabbed in Rd 5 has 91 RBK

LJ11

Good morning all.

Rinse, I had Todd high on my board, you can do damage with him, you traded Bradham though.

Ewing, a mid round OL I picked up has 94 Strength with 91 RBK, 68 Pass, using as a C for now. 54 overall though.

Below is a gif of a sure TD taken away from me by some shit warp tackle. Had it blocked perfectly, S never even touches the RB. I'm a shitty gif maker. I hate this fucking shit.

Cg1X4dR.gif

eznark

Banned
Oh my God I can't top watching your fullback. Is he a 99 everything to look to rub twice, ignore the engaged guys inside and outside, then destroy the safety???

I didn't really hit on any high OVR, but some of these guys have nice attributes:

Best name of the draft I've seen

rinse82

Good morning all.

Rinse, I had Todd high on my board, you can do damage with him, you traded Bradham though.

Ewing, a mid round OL I picked up has 94 Strength with 91 RBK, 68 Pass, using as a C for now. 54 overall though.

Below is a gif of a sure TD taken away from me by some shit warp tackle. Had it blocked perfectly, S never even touches the RB. I'm a shitty gif maker. I hate this fucking shit.

Cg1X4dR.gif

New HFA feature in Madden 15, ghost tackles.

Mrbob

Low ovr on draft picks doesn't mean much. Probably just low awareness. If your main sub stats are good then you should be solid. Low awareness is pretty easy to boost quickly.

My entire draft is Greg F- tier players. All have awareness in the 30s and 50s lol, even my superstar lolb I drafted in the first round.

brentech

Brent if you are able to play at about 11:20 CT this morning let me know, I'll be around for a few hours

probably won't happen in the morning. guests leaving in the afternoon. not playing while they're here

offense 91/defense 86

before the draft my defense was 81, so the LE I picked up was sorely needed. Now I need to forget last season and play like it again.

Somnia

Steelers I can play Monday between 830pm cst - 1030pm cst, Tuesday 630pm cst to midnight cst if either of those work.

Reposting for new page.

What's the Steelers PSN ID so I can shoot him a friend request on my psn app to try and message him that way?

probably won't happen in the morning. guests leaving in the afternoon. not playing while they're here

offense 91/defense 86

before the draft my defense was 81, so the LE I picked up was sorely needed. Now I need to forget last season and play like it again.

how about tonight at/after 7 CT? I'll be around anytime after that

What's the Steelers PSN ID so I can shoot him a friend request on my psn app to try and message him that way?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=125821214&postcount=1

llai86 is his gaf handle

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I h8 u bro.

I am really kind of annoyed at the letter ratings. A goes all the way down to 88. Also, looking at my pre draft grading here, my 3rd rounder Sanford had a C in BSH and that turned into a 65. What the fuck? This shit doesn't work if the range is this damned wide.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=146044579&postcount=18936 <--- Pre-draft for those that want to check their own guys if they drafted from this list.

RD 1 - RE Grady Baker - 69 OVR, 89 STR, 88 PMV, 88 BSH
RD 3-1 - RE Lenzelle Sanford - 63 OVR 88 STR, 85 PMV, 56 FMV 65 BSH
RD 3-2 - LG Connor Grayson 58 OVR, 92 STR, 80 RBK, 73 PBK, 81 IBL, 44 AWR
RD 4-1 - LE Greg Richardson 63 OVR, 88 STR, 82 PMV, 60 FMV, 73 BSH
RD 4-2 - FS Vondray Greene 71 OVR, 84 ZCV, 59 PRC, 88 SPD, 54 AWR

Not sure how my FS is 71 OVR but not bad for an end of the 4th round pick. I moved Grady over to DT, that was my intention pre-draft since the DT class was awful. He had a decent game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well awareness does mean something. Just depends on the position and if you use that player or not

I agree, just awareness seems to affect overall the most. If other sub stats are good you can boost low awareness pretty quickly.

The problem is that AWR means something for RBs and QBs, and honestly who gives a fuck about it for them unless you keep your RB in to block. It kills my team overall ratings. I'm lucky to even have them at 80.

The problem is that AWR means something for RBs and QBs, and honestly who gives a fuck about it for them unless you keep your RB in to block. It kills my team overall ratings. I'm lucky to even have them at 80.

Doesn't awareness also mean something for your RB when it comes to pass catching especially on screens?

And yeah, the letter grades are fucking stupid. B is the new C for me and A just might mean it's over 90.

Mrbob

Wow, I just realized Moody decided to wear number 6, same as Cutler used to have. He truly is Pout 2.0. I may have to tank this season away for a new qb.

brentech

That 1st round projected DT I got in the 3rd round that mcshay shat all over is a slow development guy. But his base stats are all nice outside of awareness for a 72. He's 2nd string DT in a 3-4 though. He'll probably get a few snaps a game.

Just looked at my schedule. I play LJ in week 17 for the third season in a row. Is this some NFC West thing that I don't know about?

Also, I get to play Ferny this season!

TheCrow

and we're back. That was a rough couple of hours where I had to do work for once. Well, i guess a lot of it was spent refreshing gaf.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Doesn't awareness also mean something for your RB when it comes to pass catching especially on screens?

And yeah, the letter grades are fucking stupid. B is the new C for me and A just might mean it's over 90.

This is what I used a couple of years back to determine how I would upgrade players:

http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/2012/01/madden-12-what-attributes-effect-ovr.html

It's obsolete now for a number of reasons.

http://www.e-athlete.net/_/madden-25/madden-25-a-guide-to-player-ratings-attributes-and-traits-r48

Also a pretty good resource.

Aside from the QBs, WRs, and HBs, I find AWR to be the most important attribute to upgrade.

McNei1y

Whoever I play week 1; I'm going to be pretty busy the next couple of days with work. Tomorrow night will probably be the best time to get the game out of the way.

Mrbob

So I've been looking closer at player rankigs and the 6th round ROLB I took seems to be pretty good. He is big, fast, powerful, hard hitting and has quick development speed. Viewing his attributes his ovr is only 63 but I have to figure this is due to having only 35 awareness. Dude is more dumb than a box of rocks. Now this is putting me in a tough spot. I need to play this guy but I don't normally play rolb. Having such low awareness seems like it will be a killer. His stats are good enough I could play him as a mlb but I have my other mlb I just drafted. My MLB does have decent awareness so I might flip positions. If I can get my rolb a quality education he might turn into something.

TheCrow

This is what I used a couple of years back to determine how I would upgrade players:

http://maddenmanniac.blogspot.com/2012/01/madden-12-what-attributes-effect-ovr.html

It's obsolete now for a number of reasons.

http://www.e-athlete.net/_/madden-25/madden-25-a-guide-to-player-ratings-attributes-and-traits-r48

Also a pretty good resource.

Aside from the QBs, WRs, and HBs, I find AWR to be the most important attribute to upgrade.

ok, now you have to play dota.

brentech

Brent did Johnny College Football always have 90 THP or did you boost it? How the hell does he have an A in arm strength lol
I don't think I ever boosted that that one. His accuracy fell in the offseason though. Or at least it did before season advance so maybe it went back up the 4 points he lost in medium and deep

Rorschach

Good morning all.

Cg1X4dR.gif

That's the play I was talking about. Only play I saw and I immediately had to close the window.

Zach

Hey, guys. Can I post a question in here? My brother and I are playing a Connected Franchise and I'm trying to advance the postseason from my work computer (neither of us made the playoffs). I advanced just fine through the Wild Card round but now it doesn't give me the Actions or Advance buttons to advance through the Divisional round.

fNnRhSH.png

Anyone ever run into this? I mean, it can wait until I get home, of course, I just thought you guys may have some insight.

Thanks!

Top Bottom