• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Splat

It's made for you. Dota is a game that rewards both individual skill and game knowledge. So its nothing like madden. Plus you could be our new theory crafter. Splat-bot is out Splat! We got WellieNet.

How will you install back-of-napkin scribbles onto your phone?

Hey, guys. Can I post a question in here? My brother and I are playing a Connected Franchise and I'm trying to advance the postseason from my work computer (neither of us made the playoffs). I advanced just fine through the Wild Card round but now it doesn't give me the Actions or Advance buttons to advance through the Divisional round.

fNnRhSH.png

Anyone ever run into this? I mean, it can wait until I get home, of course, I just thought you guys may have some insight.

Thanks!

That's weird. That drop down arow doesn't give you the option?

Dota will consume you, welli. You're newly single, don't do that to yourself.

Yeah from experience do not get into a MoBa after a breakup. I spent disgusting amounts of time playing League after a breakup a few years ago. I look back on that with a lot of shame.

If DotA2 had been out then it would've been DotA2 instead.

I'd get obsessed with it but never actually be any good. Like Madden!

Haha I used to be like this, I followed all the patch notes, read all the theorycrafting, knew all the numbers, and I was still a "Bronze Scrub". I finally just accepted that I'm not very good mechanically at video games. I have poor reaction times and lack killer instinct.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Haha I used to be like this, I followed all the patch notes, read all the theorycrafting, knew all the numbers, and I was still a "Bronze Scrub". I finally just accepted that I'm not very good mechanically at video games. I have poor reaction times and lack killer instinct.

That's me. You guys forget that this whole thing with the scouting and crunching numbers and practices and theories was born out of getting absolutely demolished by Matrix in Madden 2005 league play. He was the Ravens and I was the lowly Kurt Warner led Giants. The year after they went 4-12 and were able to get Eli. They were miserable.

The Ravens were ridiculous on defense and I couldn't score for shit in our first game. Back then we didn't have enough for 32 so I think he and I ended up in the same division via league daddy. I was so fucking mad at that loss that I literally went home every day and practiced against the Ravens D in every scenario. When our second game came around I gave him a complete whipping. It was glorious.

If not for all of this work before games I would not stand a chance against guys like CB and FMT who are better fast twitch gamers.

I have two modes. Good mood and terrible mode. Usually good mode lasts about five minutes and then at some point, slow reflexes and/or poor decisions creeps in without me realizing it.

TheCrow

That's me. You guys forget that this whole thing with the scouting and crunching numbers and practices and theories was born out of getting absolutely demolished by Matrix in Madden 2005 league play. He was the Ravens and I was the lowly Kurt Warner led Giants. The year after they went 4-12 and were able to get Eli. They were miserable.

The Ravens were ridiculous on defense and I couldn't score for shit in our first game. Back then we didn't have enough for 32 so I think he and I ended up in the same division via league daddy. I was so fucking mad at that loss that I literally went home every day and practiced against the Ravens D in every scenario. When our second game came around I gave him a complete whipping. It was glorious.

If not for all of this work before games I would not stand a chance against guys like CB and FMT who are better fast twitch gamers.

Then, you'll have no trouble finding motivation to get better than dota. We get demolished on a daily basis. Its AWESOME!

but CB is turrible at dotes

edit---

LOL AT

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Maybe it wasn't Madden 2005. I went back to look for the thread and I can't find it. :(

Those were the days. The Bucs were good so playing DM was treacherous. At any moment you could lose the ball on a fumble because the D was so goo.... somethings never change... except the actual Bucs.

Splat

I forgot that we've been made obsolete by that other 3rd person story driven action game that just came out! You know the one.

rinse82

I have two modes. Good mood and terrible mode. Usually good mode lasts about five minutes and then at some point, slow reflexes and/or poor decisions creeps in without me realizing it.

I can always count on one Tannehill oh-shit-i-shouldve-slid-earlier fumble everytime we play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
To be fair. It's not easy being your friend.

Q6Q3dnX.png

F164F2FCC759D460A67636CC4DD6A4B5B0F1527E

Proving gravestorm is the only one that can match my talent and skill. the rest of you are just bringing me down! My shoulders are only so big!

Why dont you post the last game we played where i lead the team in kills and hero damage and a support shaker.

Ferny

Az and I are going to continue our road to platinum rank in League. I should stream this madness. The first two games were TERRIBLE.

I was told Soka and Shake would play with us. I'd ask Somnia but I know better.

I just need to figure how how to invert the mouse grab controls and I'll play. It's opposite of how it is in dota so it messes me all up

Edit---

This Chinese Dood I goto school with is supposedly really good... like plat 1 or something. Prolly frauding but Ima try and get him to convert to dotes!

Top Bottom